More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 05:59:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Game Hangs on Move Out with Awesome/Indie Stone
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Game Hangs on Move Out with Awesome/Indie Stone  (Read 16163 times)
Damsel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
Game Hangs on Move Out with Awesome/Indie Stone
« on: 2009 July 28, 02:15:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been playing a legacy for a good while now. The oldest in generation six just turned into an adult. I had awesome mod installed for a little while, but not during the entire legacy. Recently I saw that the Indie Stone mod is now compatible with awesome mod so I installed it as well because I wanted to check out how the changed story mode worked. Note that I did not install the Indie Stone Core mod. I read the install instructions for both mods so that I would be sure to not mess anything up. Anyway, when the Sim attempted to move out of the house the game took ages to get to the confirmation box, and then when it finally did eventually attempt to move the Sim out the game just hung there with the busy timer going indefinitely until my computer froze. I rebooted my computer and removed both Awesome Mod as well as Indie Stone and she was able to move out just fine. Has anyone else who has both Indie and Awesome installed had the game do something like that?

Thanks for reading, and sorry if my descriptions of what happened is bad but I am not a programmer...lol I leave that up to you talented people.

Cross-posted to MTS/MATY.

Damsel

Edit: typo

Check out my Sims 3 Legacy Challenge Story --> http://damselschamber.blogspot.com/
Czezechael
Blathering Buffoon

in my mouf...

View Profile
Re: Game Hangs on Move Out with Awesome/Indie Stone
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 28, 02:26:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have the option to use the Indie Stone settings enabled with the AwesomeMod config, ja?  I haven't had any problems like this yet with my game, running both Indie and Awesome though admittedly I haven't been using Indie all too terribly long.
Damsel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 28, 02:50:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't recall reading anything about needing to enable a setting in AwesomeMod config for Indie. I must have missed it. So if it needed changed then no I hadn't changed it. So far I've just used whatever is default for AwesomeMod's settings. I'll look into that and install them both again and test it out.

Thanks!

Edit: I just checked in the awesomemod config for dummies and indiestone is enabled by default so yes I had it set.

Check out my Sims 3 Legacy Challenge Story --> http://damselschamber.blogspot.com/
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 28, 03:14:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have heard reports of related issues, but have not reproduced them. We are looking into it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Damsel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 28, 06:03:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If there's anything I can do to help, play testing or such let me know.

mikrokitty
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 28, 14:09:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, this was an issue for me yesterday a few times, and I just added Indie on Sunday.
They can still be moved by splitting from the map view, though.

Oh, and yes my AM is also set to work with Indie, that is enabled by default. I also have the correct Indie mod file, and both mods are working in my game. The only 2 issues I've had thus far are this move-out save hanging and another error already posted about in another thread.
Damsel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 28, 14:23:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the tip! I just might do that, I miss Awesome and Indie! lol

mikrokitty
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 July 28, 14:44:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sweet, I've done my good deed for the day, now I can revert to being evil  Cool

Yeah, not a game-stopping issue, just annoying. Since they can't be kicked out via splitting, make sure there's enough household funds for the ones you split to buy a house, assuming you intend to place them elsewhere in the neighborhood for your legacy storyline.
Damsel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2009 July 28, 20:27:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That will be nicer anyway, being able to decide where they move to. I typically just kick them out and horde all the money for my legacy family and invest in the house or buy businesses. They pretty much own everything own-able at this point, though, so the castoffs can share some of the excess I suppose...lol My main storyline focuses on household members, but I do try to have my Sims keep in touch with their siblings and cousins at least somewhat. It seems so much harder to maintain and build relationships in TS3 since phone calls are pretty much useless for relationship building.

I could save and exit, remove the mods, kick them out, and then put the mods back in. That would get annoying though with as many kids as my families tend to have.

Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 July 28, 20:40:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just for the record, there's a cheat that works in map view (Edit Town): freeRealEstate. It allows you to put any household in any house no matter what their cost is.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Damsel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2009 July 28, 20:54:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, I'll make a note of that. I don't tend to use cheat codes, though. They're like Cheeto's. Once you start, you never stop!

mikrokitty
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 July 29, 03:07:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Marhis, thanks for that, that's one code I wasn't aware of!

Although I too tend to be a legacy player and free money hater Tongue ...but free real estate in a pinch is good to have.

Damsel, yeah I only use the phones for relationship maintenance. They do build the relationship, but slowly.
Also, removing mods, moving out, replacing mods, that's not a BAD solution; I could see not wanting to do that all the time, though. You'll have to PM me what mods you use. I'm just curious, it sounds like we play similar games  Cool
Damsel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2009 July 29, 07:23:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I sent you a pm. I'm not sure if it went through properly because I didn't see it in my outbox when I checked.

Also, regarding relationships I have a question. I have seen people refer to a family tree in other threads, but I can't find it anywhere! Are they just referring to the little icons stating how the Sims are related to each other in the relationship panel or is it is an actual family tree showing how everyone is linked like in TS2 and I am just too blind to see it or figure out how to access it?

FrickinIdjit
Corpulent Cretin

ENTJ

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 July 29, 07:30:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's on the tab with the traits.
XiLaii
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 July 29, 22:41:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having exactly the same issue Sad.
Any word on a permanent fix, yet?
Damsel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2009 July 30, 05:32:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tested move out again tonight with the newest AM installed and I still have the same hang problem. Fortunately this time I remembered to save first!

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 July 30, 10:59:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great, now all you have to do is actually SEND me the save and I will examine it. The move out code is a gigantic mess, though.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Damsel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2009 July 30, 13:11:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I appreciate you looking into this. I'll send you a link to the file privately.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 July 30, 13:59:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could not reproduce. I kicked some sims out of the household and moved them elsewhere just fine. It is possible the problem does not exist in the version I am presently using. I will pack it up and post it.

nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 July 30, 14:14:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had move out problems where the game seems to stop, then the icon of the person who was left in the now deactivated household is still loaded as my active sim. I can't click off of them and eventually all my controls become messed up. The camera stops the zoom to the new lot, so I have to restart. Though restarting it and trying again it worked the sim time was late at night but I play with immigration off/stasis on if that matters. Lots of weird lag issue with the sim picture icon getting stuck on another active sim.
Damsel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2009 July 30, 15:10:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll try it again on my machine. Perhaps it's only when I have eight Sims living in the house. The game I sent was after the Sim I wanted moved out was moved (I played again after I moved her out and saved). I moved her out via the split household from the neighborhood as someone suggested earlier.

mikrokitty
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 July 30, 15:24:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll try it again on my machine. Perhaps it's only when I have eight Sims living in the house. The game I sent was after the Sim I wanted moved out was moved (I played again after I moved her out and saved). I moved her out via the split household from the neighborhood as someone suggested earlier.

I haven't updated AM yet... was actually on my way over here to check for an update. I've been having hanging issues with moving out sims even with households of 8 or less members total.
Damsel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2009 July 30, 16:15:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't remember if I have or not. I'm about to go test that out right now. Something came up earlier and I had to postpone my test until now.

Edit: I just tested it with seven Sims living in the house. The game still hangs. The confirm box comes up quickly and the Sims portrait vanishes from the panel at the left but then the game hangs indefinitely no matter how long I wait for it to complete. It hasn't locked my system up except for the very first time it happened at least. I have to end task the game. I can post another save, but I'm uncertain as to whether it would be beneficial or not since it's pretty much the same as before, only one Sim has now moved out and their lives have progressed a few days.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 30, 17:07:52 by Damsel » Logged

Zaleth
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 August 01, 18:52:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only time it hangs for me is if I use the Kick Out option.  It hangs and I end up having to end the program.  If I use the option to move them into another home its fine.  This only happens when I am using the Inge mod.  I do not get this when I am using the just the Awesome mod.
Damsel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2009 August 01, 23:18:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll try moving them out without kicking them out next time. Thanks.

Also, I moved someone in without a problem today so maybe it's only the kick out option that is causing the problem.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: