More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 23:57:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Stuck Object Remover
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Stuck Object Remover  (Read 153128 times)
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
Re: Stuck Object Remover
« Reply #25 on: 2005 December 05, 23:30:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey Pescado,

I never had a chance to post this error log. I don't know if this is something fixable or possibly too minor and too infrequent to warrant fixing. Basically what happened is, I had the Caliente sisters visit a Comm lot via purchased, drivable car (Maxis default, not a custom new mesh or anything like that). I was testing hacks and I use the Caliente sisters as my guinea pigs Grin

Anyways, I usually exit from the Comm lot without saving because I want to reset the sisters back to "normal" so to speak. Usually, when I re-enter their home lot, they end up arriving, as if driving back from the comm lot. However, this one time, they arrived home, and the option to "Drive to Community Lot" disappeared. In addition to this, the option to Call.../Transportation also was unavailable from the landline phone.

So... I was chit-chattin with Hook, and he suggests that it may be due to the game possibly not re/setting something correctly, and it therefore thinks that the Caliente sisters are still on a Comm Lot. I tried using the Lot Debugger to reset all objects, and this did not work. I don't recall if the Stuck Object Remover was availabe at the time (I did not have it my game yet, but that might just mean that I hadn't gotten around to installing it). I tried forcing an error on the car, and that did not fix it either. I didn't think to force errors on the sims themselves, which now that I think of it, could have been the problem. *shrugs*

In any case, I do have the error log of the car. I don't know if it will help, but maybe you can take a look at it and see if it is at all useful, and whether or not it is something that needs to be incorporated into the SOR or LD. I wasn't sure which thread to post in, so I opted for this one.

Ste
« Last Edit: 2006 February 06, 06:30:02 by syberspunk » Logged

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 February 06, 00:54:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The option always briefly disappears after you return home from a community lot, for reasons unknown, although believed to be by design to avoid a condition where multiple cars are moving around at once. It generally returns within a sim-hour.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ThyGuy
Exasperating Eyesore

HELP ME! I'M STUPID!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 February 06, 07:40:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love this mod more than any other. It use to drive me nutty when I'd tear down a building in the game and find a single tile that refused to go away.

DEATH TO UGLY BEAGLE DOGS!
WALMART IS THE DEVIL!!!!!
I DEMAND THE FIERY DEATH OF CRYING BABIES!
Do us a favor? DIE, GO TO HEAVEN, STFU!
bloodstainedkisses
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 February 07, 06:26:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gah! -Downloads- If I cancel in the middle of a meal, sometimes I get a glitch where I can't delete the plate (even using moveobjects) or clear it off, and the sound of flies around it drive me batty! This will work wonders!

Much thanks for it. ^^
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 February 07, 07:07:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

bloodstainedkisses:  I know what you mean.  I've had to sell the whole table or counter with moveobjects on because it wouldn't let me delete just the plate, but for some reason it would let me delete the table with it on it.  Weird.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 February 07, 13:56:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why don't you just force an error on the plate and 'delete'?
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 February 08, 00:30:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Didn't think of that at the time.  That would probably work.  This hack is good for invisible objects that you can't click on, like the stuck kickybags before there were tools to remove them.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 February 11, 12:53:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This one REALLY works! I had a dead flowerbed along the front side of my house. My Sim disposed of it but I couldn't put anything back onto that tile and nothing else was clickable there.

I put this on and it deleted 3 invisible things and the window on the first floor above the tile. Now that is a thorough cleaning!

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Sarahzsmyl
Asinine Airhead

"Say 'Good night,' Manuel..."

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 February 22, 16:33:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will this fix the problem I have on Uni Lots with Flamin' Poo Bags?  Even after my sims stomp it out and clean it up, the environment score is -100 and the flies keep buzzing.

What?  It's not my fault the Gypsy keeps brinigng ugly dates so I have buy a new one...

(seriously 5K and she brings a Romance Sim for a Fam sim?)

\\\"Science without religion is lame, and religion without science is lame.\\\" --Albert Einstein
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 February 22, 17:02:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sarahsmylz : did you install NL patch 2? That issue should have been resolved by it.
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 February 24, 17:36:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This works for visible items also. I just used it for the first time to remove a stuck bowl and it was burnated.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 February 24, 18:49:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh this works for everything - doors, windows, ceiling tiles, etc.

I love it.  I always get it where I am trying to build on a lot and it says "Cannot level terrain."  I narrow it down with the terrain tool, and then place a bunch of these tiles.  Works like a charm.

The only thing I would like is if these could be dragged like floor tiles to cover more than one at a time, since you don't always know exactly which tile you have a problem with.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 February 24, 19:14:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's not terribly feasible to do, but this is why the object remains on your cursor after placement, rather than going away: So you can carpetbomb areas.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 March 17, 17:50:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JM, is there any way we can get this to show up in the new OFB community lot catalogs? I've got some invisible "thing" blocking a counter and this wonderful piece of work isn't showing up in the catalogs.

Instant gratification takes too long.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 March 18, 13:58:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a tutorial on how to make any object show up on community lots along with pictures at MTS2.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=95838

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 March 18, 14:26:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought as of OFB, any owned community lot could be purchase any residential item. You can't buy these in non-active community lots because nothing will happen until the simulation runs. Since a community lot that is not owned by someone never saves, and never "runs" until someone visits, the remover will do nothing until you load the lot, then will be stuck there forever because it will never remember that the object remover removed the item and then self-destructed.

Thus, you can only buy them from the residential panel at Owned businesses, never on community lots themselves.

Xylune
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 April 20, 03:15:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made the mistake of spawning the memory manager in the boolprop testing menu, will this also work on that?  Now my sims have this useless *talk option on their pie menu that I can't get rid of, so short of moving them out of the house I can't think of any way to get rid of it.
mysimsreality
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: 2006 June 12, 03:02:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks very much for this; it's great! Cheesy
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 June 12, 08:58:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made the mistake of spawning the memory manager in the boolprop testing menu, will this also work on that?  Now my sims have this useless *talk option on their pie menu that I can't get rid of, so short of moving them out of the house I can't think of any way to get rid of it.

Somebody made the same mistake here.
yetyak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2007 February 13, 20:36:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know this is an old thread and that isn't too cool, but would this work ok on a stuck, invisible sim?  He is keeping watch by the mailbox, with blinking plumbob; can only be waved at by townies.  I've tried moving family out and back in; moving them out and into a different house; testing cheats forcing errors, deleting and resetting; aging up and down.  Tried changing skintone, since error seems to reference that.  Nothing worked, he is still stuck and still invisible.

Error log attached, just in case.  Undoubtedly the work of the non awesome.
« Last Edit: 2007 February 15, 21:02:34 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
yetyak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2007 February 15, 18:35:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And now I'm double posting...  I got brave and tried this on my stuck invisible sim, it burninated him just fine, saved and exited. Went back into the lot and there was his plumbob by the mailbox, he was still invisible and still stuck.  Just in case anyone else has this problem.
yetyak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2007 February 25, 14:00:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've solved this problem.  Very roundaboutly, however.  I moved him to university and he kept watch blinking by that mailbox for a while.  I put in a backup copy of him as a child, and changed him to YA with SimPe.  He acted like a YA, but still looked like a child. I then aged him back to teen with SimPE, and removed the on campus tick.  Went back to his dorm and he is a normal looking young adult, no blinking plumbob, able to move and interact with the other sims on campus.  It didn't fix his transition into a really dorky outfit problem, though.
TickaBoom
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2009 July 14, 16:10:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, sorry about creating a zombie topic, but I just didn't know where else to go. I came to this site specifically for this hack because of my second story gravemarker issues. I downloaded it, couldn't wait to use it... Then discovered I couldn't find it anywhere in the buy catalog. I've been through this thread multiple times, thinking I missed the location but I still can't find it. Could someone please help?
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2009 July 14, 16:15:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try the miscellaneous section.
TickaBoom
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2009 July 14, 16:26:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...It's not there. That was the first place I checked.
It doesn't appear to be manifesting itself in my game. I know I put it in the downloads folder correctly. Anyone know why it won't show up?
(Aside from the theories that my game hates me and/or the stuck tiles are conspiring against me.)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: