More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 11:57:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Getting weird random demotion
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Getting weird random demotion  (Read 13829 times)
Luisa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Getting weird random demotion
« on: 2009 July 27, 15:15:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a sim who's a lvl 10 criminal (evil branch) and he's been doing well at his job for ages, filling the performance meter and getting raises once every two times he goes to work. He's best friends with all his co-workers etc, and goes to work in an excellent mood, yet no matter what, when he leaves work, he gets demoted to career lvl 9. I've tried all the work-tones, for some reason he just gets fired when he leaves work. I've even got the latest Awesomeware and configured it to have 'No Random Bus Firings' etc, but this is still hapenning. Any idea how to fix this? I've already tried deleting all my *cache.package files. I'm stumped. Sad

Thanks in advance,
Lu.

Any typographical errors in the above post are likely caused by excess alcohol consumption.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Getting weird random demotion
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 27, 15:31:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a sim who's a lvl 10 criminal (evil branch) and he's been doing well at his job for ages, filling the performance meter and getting raises once every two times he goes to work. He's best friends with all his co-workers etc, and goes to work in an excellent mood, yet no matter what, when he leaves work, he gets demoted to career lvl 9. I've tried all the work-tones, for some reason he just gets fired when he leaves work. I've even got the latest Awesomeware and configured it to have 'No Random Bus Firings' etc, but this is still hapenning. Any idea how to fix this? I've already tried deleting all my *cache.package files. I'm stumped. Sad
The only reason I can think of is that someone else managed to displace him from his job. But that seems unlikely if you've gotten a good raise buffer, and I can't reproduce this in my game. Who's the new Emperor of Evil? Feel free to send a save. Make sure if you're too stupid to use an FTP, that you pick something that isn't annoying. No lines.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Luisa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 27, 16:29:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only reason I can think of is that someone else managed to displace him from his job. . . Who's the new Emperor of Evil?
You might be onto something there. The new Emperor is the same woman it was before I took the job (Yumi Sekemoto). And I have been using the "Professional Slacker" Lifetime Happiness Reward that (in theory) lets you use the "Take It Easy" at work with (supposedly) no downside. I'm guessing she was working hard and therefore got promoted to being above me again, since I think these stats show that I've done everything else right.

Before....................................................After

Does that sound like it could be the problem?

Any typographical errors in the above post are likely caused by excess alcohol consumption.
Dab
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 27, 16:53:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From the stats posted above, it looks like the +3 'boss' bonus will have you both switching back and forth until you assassinate her.
minidoxigirli
Feckless Fool

ESFP- I'm a speshul snowflake

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 27, 16:57:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From the stats posted above, it looks like the +3 'boss' bonus will have you both switching back and forth until you assassinate her.

I like the unstated option two in this.

My claim to Sims fame?  I was featured as a Sims 2 fan on an MTV show about The Urbz.  I'm badass like that.
Luisa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 27, 16:59:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mmm, assassination sounds good. I wonder what's the best way to go about that. Smiley

BobDob
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 27, 18:22:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It also looks like you have 2 fewer logic points being used at rank 10.  I'm guessing that's because each rank uses different criteria for evaluating performance, but that sounds like a design flaw/feature that will inherently make it hard to keep the position.  And even if you fixed that, it seems like the +3 boss bonus would still cause thrashing between you two for the spot.  You could also try becoming her nemesis after you get the top spot, so that she no longer gets the boss bonus perhaps.

Also, who does it show as your boss when you're rank 10?  In my legacy family, we own all of the businesses, and it shows the person holding the deed as the boss for a rank 9 person even if they don't really work there.  You might be able to use that to your advantage as well, if you happen to own the warehouse.  You could have a great relationship with the deed holder and make sure she doesn't.
dilpill
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 July 27, 18:36:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Instead of killing her, you could just completely trash the relationship between Yumi and your sim so she gets a boss metric of -3 instead of the +3 she's getting now when she's a Super Villain. It shouldn't affect your sim, since level 10 jobs don't have boss metrics. Just make sure your sim is the Emperor of Evil when you trash the relationship.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 July 28, 00:14:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The new Emperor is the same woman it was before I took the job (Yumi Sekemoto). And I have been using the "Professional Slacker" Lifetime Happiness Reward that (in theory) lets you use the "Take It Easy" at work with (supposedly) no downside.
Well, pull the job info for Yumi Sekemoto. Type "jobinfo Yumi Sekemoto", and see what it says for her. Having to deal with upstart underlings does seem to be an endemic thing every Evil Overlord faces. Megatron had this problem, too, it seems.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
minidoxigirli
Feckless Fool

ESFP- I'm a speshul snowflake

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 July 28, 00:41:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Instead of killing her, you could just completely trash the relationship between Yumi and your sim so she gets a boss metric of -3 instead of the +3 she's getting now when she's a Super Villain. It shouldn't affect your sim, since level 10 jobs don't have boss metrics. Just make sure your sim is the Emperor of Evil when you trash the relationship.

But killing her would be WAY more fun!

My claim to Sims fame?  I was featured as a Sims 2 fan on an MTV show about The Urbz.  I'm badass like that.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 July 28, 07:21:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On a side thought, isn't a bit retarded that having a good relationship with the evil lord will have you promoted to evil lord as well (regardless the awesomemod restrictions on the total # of evil lords)?

EA has a very weird opinion about evil lords' behavior.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Nepheris
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 July 28, 08:51:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To stab someone in the back, you need to get close up to them first?
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2009 July 28, 09:34:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Megatron had this problem, too, it seems.

LMAO!

I had this problem with the Emperor of Evil thing too...my sim was getting promoted everytime she went to work, then demoted the next day. Why can there only be one EOE?

Luisa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 July 28, 10:06:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I tried the trashing the relationship thing: went round her house, stole candy from her baby to bag some happiness points, and gave the old lady a good roughing up too... it worked, although if I view her job info from my household it shows her boss as "null"

But If I switch to her household, sure enough it shows me as her boss, with a new terrible relationship.

It also worked because her mood (which was +3 giving her a Metrics Average rivalling my own) was now right down at -3, meaning no promotion for her. But to prevent me from having to ruin her day for the rest of her life, I may still need to kill her. Maybe I should woo her again and pretend I love her to get her to move in with me, then off the bitch, taking her money too?
« Last Edit: 2009 July 28, 10:31:21 by Luisa » Logged

Solmyr
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 July 28, 10:28:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She's an elderly Japanese woman, she's probably backed by the Yakuza. Tongue
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 July 28, 11:02:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It also worked because her mood (which was +3 giving her a Metrics Average rivalling my own) was now right down at -3, meaning no promotion for her. But to prevent me from having to ruin her day for the rest of her life, I may still need to kill her. Maybe I should woo her again and pretend I love her to get her to move in with me, then off the bitch, taking her money too?
I'm more curious as to how an apparently totally unplayed feral sim managed to acquire a performance bonus of +216, higher than YOURS, which is why you're being demoted: The newcomer outclasses you! The boss metric thing, though, inactive sims don't generate coworker/boss connections, intentionally: otherwise, you'd get a combinatorial explosion where each sim generates the need for a boss, who generates the need for his own boss, and all of them sprout coworkers, which also need bosses and coworkers...

I had this problem with the Emperor of Evil thing too...my sim was getting promoted everytime she went to work, then demoted the next day. Why can there only be one EOE?
You don't know much about being evil, do you, EMMA? Because you SUCK and are an EMMA.

friendlyquark
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 July 28, 16:14:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There can be only one Emperor of Evil because more than one makes you a Duke of Annoyance or something. So obvious! However EAxis has messed up if a that neurotic mess of a character can make it higher than you. Does she laugh maniacally while she is checking if she left the oven on?

Is there a fix to make non-player sims be made of FAIL? They shouldn't outclass a player run sim.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 July 28, 16:16:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Neurotic is actually an extremely powerful trait for achievement, because the Freak Out interaction gives you a moodlet buff that makes you completely immune to fun drain.

Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 July 28, 17:52:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a fix to make non-player sims be made of FAIL? They shouldn't outclass a player run sim.
In my game they are made of FAIL.  I switch to them sometimes to see wtf they are doing, and they're all standing around goofing off when they're supposed to be at work.  Thier job performance is in the toilet and they have no skills.  Even the kids and teens are usually failing school.  Also, they often are lonely, smelly, passing out, and starving.  Not all of them though, which makes me wonder why some of them can at least manage thier basic needs while others cannot.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
That Eighties Guy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 July 30, 21:48:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my game they are made of FAIL.  I switch to them sometimes to see wtf they are doing, and they're all standing around goofing off when they're supposed to be at work.  Thier job performance is in the toilet and they have no skills.  Even the kids and teens are usually failing school.  Also, they often are lonely, smelly, passing out, and starving.  Not all of them though, which makes me wonder why some of them can at least manage thier basic needs while others cannot.
Aye, I have sort of the same luck here. Some seems to have had half of their brain flushed down the toilet while a few manages to be superheroes. In disguise, of course.
Luisa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 August 19, 16:50:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm more curious as to how an apparently totally unplayed feral sim managed to acquire a performance bonus of +216, higher than YOURS, which is why you're being demoted.

Sorry for the late reply. To answer the question as to why, I'm not sure. I did have the lifespan set on "Epic" and Story Mode on... so I'd played that neighborhood for a LOT of sim days, and RequireValidBosses was on, and I'd played the criminal career right through with Yumi as my boss from day 1 to the end, so maybe that had PUSHED her up above me, meaning when I got promotions, she must in order to stay a valid boss? I don't know, but that's all I can think of. Other than that it was a pretty vanilla game, with only one family played and most of the time that only had one member (the criminal) and I never switched away from it or played other familys. Done with that family now but thanks for all the feedback, might be useful to know in the future. Smiley

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 August 21, 10:30:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, I already found out why this was happening awhile back and killed it, so it should stop now. What was happening is that it was not resetting the performance, so once they hit max perf, they were ALWAYS that way and got a raise every day until they caught up real fast. Now it should properly reset, so this issue is closed.

Also, your avatar is really stupid looking.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: