More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 03:43:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Removing Those Horrid Suspenders
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Removing Those Horrid Suspenders  (Read 5275 times)
Shaprepenr
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
Removing Those Horrid Suspenders
« on: 2009 July 28, 14:38:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I regret ever installing Riverview. Whenever a townie ages up, they always chose to pick the really ugly suspenders that come with the Riverview download. I'm getting really sick of it. I unistalled Riverview from the InstalledWorlds and WorldCaches folder in My Documents and Riverview no longer exists in the game; but those suspeners still show up in CAS and Townies still wear them. How can I remove them from the game completely?

•I'm a social--
•--Butterfly?
•No. Watermellon.
•Then socially speaking; I am going to eat you.
simmilk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Removing Those Horrid Suspenders
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 28, 14:57:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They're used as one of the criminal career track uniforms, so it may not be a good idea. 

Use the "dresser" command to fix them.  (dresser simfirstname simlastname) to fix them the way you want them. 
Shaprepenr
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 28, 15:16:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No man. The ones that come with Riverviw, the jean ones. In CAS they have the green plumbob icon stating they are a store bought item. Before I downloaded Riverview, that CAS item never existed and Sims never wore them.

•I'm a social--
•--Butterfly?
•No. Watermellon.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 28, 15:32:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Riverview's "downloads" are installed into the regular DCCache files as well. Incinerating Riverview the WORLD has no effect on them. Ultimately, though, nothing you do HELPS. Did you REALLY expect sims to have ANY idea how to dress tastefully? Even REAL people cannot manage this well.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Shaprepenr
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 28, 15:39:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you REALLY expect sims to have ANY idea how to dress tastefully? Even REAL people cannot manage this well.

Haha. Exactly why I want my Sims to dress at least decently since in the real world it's mostly just shit.

Thanks for your advice. I'll delete everything from the DCCache folder too.

•I'm a social--
•--Butterfly?
•No. Watermellon.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 28, 15:41:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Riverview's "downloads" are installed into the regular DCCache files as well. Incinerating Riverview the WORLD has no effect on them. Ultimately, though, nothing you do HELPS. Did you REALLY expect sims to have ANY idea how to dress tastefully? Even REAL people cannot manage this well.

Well couldn't you do a quick fix to disable full body outfits from generating on townies for everyday outfits? The game really heavily biases toward them and there's not very many or very appropriate ones.

Besides the damned overalls, I'm also getting that women's full body suit with the asymmetrical belt showing up a lot.

Otherwise I guess I can try and hunt for the damned file settings and see if I can remove or reclassify it, but it would have been nice had they made it a separate sims3pack and not quietly slipped it in with Riverview.

Thanks for your advice. I'll delete everything from the DCCache folder too.

Err, that will delete all your custom content, or at least everything installed via the sims3pack and not the Delphy way. Seems rather extreme to get rid of one outfit but if you're fine with that. *shrug*

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 28, 16:39:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well couldn't you do a quick fix to disable full body outfits from generating on townies for everyday outfits? The game really heavily biases toward them and there's not very many or very appropriate ones.
I don't think you understand what a disaster you're about to unleash if such a thing were to be done.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 July 28, 16:41:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think you understand what a disaster you're about to unleash if such a thing were to be done.

Mismatched tops and bottoms for all?  Grin

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Shaprepenr
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2009 July 28, 21:14:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hehe.

Well it worked anyways. Except for I had to reinstall all my other store downloads but that's okay. Thanks Pescado.

•I'm a social--
•--Butterfly?
•No. Watermellon.
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 July 28, 22:58:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just "dresser" the sims wearing the offending overalls, as I see them. It only takes a few seconds.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: