More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 06:09:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  There Are No Schools In This Town?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: There Are No Schools In This Town?  (Read 9220 times)
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
There Are No Schools In This Town?
« on: 2009 July 26, 19:07:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All at once, things I had never experienced before started happening in my game ... such as the crazed clone situation - the first time there were about 600 - I gassed them and deleted all custom Sims from the library.  The next thing to occur happened around aging up - I had two children who aged to teens.  The first one went okay, but on the second, when I looked to see if she had the normal "C" to begin highschool, I was surprised to see that there was a note saying that there were "No Schools In This Town".  So, to work around this I sent her to the school and manually chose "Start Highschool".  You had to choose it like it was a job.

Then two of my toddlers aged into children (same thing had to be done for them).  And, in the background, one of the teens had aged up autonomously aged to young adult and got a job as a test subject.  Ugh!  I then used Edit Sim to age her back to teen.  In the midst of all this, I got the "Flagrant System Error".

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

I really had none of these problems before adding Indie to the mix.  Can't wait for Awesome Story mode.

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: There Are No Schools In This Town?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 26, 19:14:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Honestly Coconnor if you had 600 bogus clone entries PLUS all your sims in your neighborhood, even if you gassed them all, I have a suspicion that particular save file is already borked.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 26, 19:27:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Honestly Coconnor if you had 600 bogus clone entries PLUS all your sims in your neighborhood, even if you gassed them all, I have a suspicion that particular save file is already borked.

I should have written down the exact number that was reported "gassed".  Not sure exactly how many, but I will say the list stretched from top to bottom of screen, don't think I could read them all.  And there were duplicate (sometimes tripled) family names.  I first started to notice in the Sims relationships panels that it seemed relationships were duplicated.  For example, one of my Sims is "Leader of the Free World".  He appeared as the boss in one Sim's work relationship panel and then again in the same panel as his "father-in-law".  Nepotism, bug?  Heh!  I'll play it some more to see if it normalizes or if this lack of school thing continues.  Can it get worse?

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 26, 20:17:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, I strongly suspect this game was not well tested over long term with a lot of character entries ending up in the neighborhood. I've found by poking through the save that character entries seem to remain even if you get rid of those characters from your neighborhood.

I know TS2 starting having issues when the save file had lots and lots of character entries. With this game I seem to notice more issues in neighbors that I've played longer or mods (like Indie Stone) have moved tons and tons of sims into. I suspect there's a correlation. I guess time will tell.

Quote from: Coconnor
Can it get worse?

It can always get worse!  Shocked

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 26, 20:41:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, I strongly suspect this game was not well tested over long term with a lot of character entries ending up in the neighborhood. I've found by poking through the save that character entries seem to remain even if you get rid of those characters from your neighborhood.
I know TS2 starting having issues when the save file had lots and lots of character entries. With this game I seem to notice more issues in neighbors that I've played longer or mods (like Indie Stone) have moved tons and tons of sims into. I suspect there's a correlation. I guess time will tell.
Quote from: Coconnor
Can it get worse?
It can always get worse!  Shocked

Just nuked them again!  129 "asses" were gassed!  Everything else seems ok for now.  I also note double postings in the newspaper when Sims read it.  EAxi's Sims only after I gas them.  Should I remove the EAxi's Sims, too?

gamb
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 27, 01:53:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stupid question, but were they ghosts?  Ghostly spawn automatically enroll in elementary school, but not high school (at least, this has been the case for the 6 ghostly spawn I've raised thus far).
MzDeb
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 27, 02:02:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All at once, things I had never experienced before started happening in my game ... such as the crazed clone situation - the first time there were about 600 - I gassed them and deleted all custom Sims from the library.  The next thing to occur happened around aging up - I had two children who aged to teens.  The first one went okay, but on the second, when I looked to see if she had the normal "C" to begin highschool, I was surprised to see that there was a note saying that there were "No Schools In This Town".  So, to work around this I sent her to the school and manually chose "Start Highschool".  You had to choose it like it was a job.

Then two of my toddlers aged into children (same thing had to be done for them).  And, in the background, one of the teens had aged up autonomously aged to young adult and got a job as a test subject.  Ugh!  I then used Edit Sim to age her back to teen.  In the midst of all this, I got the "Flagrant System Error".

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

I really had none of these problems before adding Indie to the mix.  Can't wait for Awesome Story mode.

I had this happen a few times.  The first couple times I had aged up toddlers and 12s in the morning.  When the bus didn't come around for them, I did what you did and forced them to  go to school.  The third time, I thought, "Well, screw it."  The next morning the bus came and they went to school all by their own selves. There was no grade penalty for the little critters, so I actually thought of it as a bonus.  Instead of spending time at school, they could actually learn something at home ... just like real life!  Unfortunately, it hasn't happened since.  

Oh yeah, and that was before I installed ISM.

When everyone is safe, no one will be free.
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 July 27, 02:04:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stupid question, but were they ghosts?  Ghostly spawn automatically enroll in elementary school, but not high school (at least, this has been the case for the 6 ghostly spawn I've raised thus far).

No, alive & well.  I have no idea what happened. I have continued playing the same game - despite having to "nuke" clones three or four times - and it seems that all is working now, although, I am reluctant to say that, because of Murphy's Law.  No one else has aged up yet, so I suppose that when that happens, I will see if the situation has changed or not.

I am thinking of dropping Indie, since I never had it to begin with and I didn't have these problems until I integrated it.  Still don't know if that will save the game at this point.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 July 27, 02:12:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The base game had some bugs in cleanup, but since TS3 uses .NET, and there is no "global sim list", the moment a sim fails to be linked from anywhere, it succumbs to the garbage collector and vanishes into the ether.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 July 27, 03:35:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone done any tests to see whether adding two versions of the same type of rabbithole is a VBT, or not? I've never experienced any problems with sims not going to work or school, nor have I experienced any pileups at said locations, but I also tend to play legacy style, with only one active fambly per town, and often don't have any spawn to speak of. It seems logical that adding a second school to a town might solve the problem of school pileups, but I could also see it causing a BFBVFS if having multiple schools confuses the game's routing mechanism.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 July 27, 03:44:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been wondering about that myself.  The two schools thing.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: