More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 15:43:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Flagrant System Error
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Flagrant System Error  (Read 79019 times)
kzlyh
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Flagrant System Error
« on: 2009 July 26, 18:03:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I received the Flagrant System Error message yesterday evening. I was able to save the game and it loaded fine on the next boot of the program. Earlier last evening during game play, I had changed the BooksNotMagicScrolls setting to false so I thought that maybe that had caused the error. But I received the same error message today during game play without changing the setting.

It may be coincidence but both times the error appeared around an age-up event. I think last nights was after and today's was before. In both cases, the sim experiencing the age-up was reading a book at the time. Also, I discovered today I was missing some skill books that I had previously -- not sure when they came up missing though; Cook 2 & 3, Gardening 2 & 3, Handiness 2 & 3.

Below are the mods I have installed...

AM created on 07/23
    ISM .5b version (no core)
    LessGhosts
    MyBooks (my own tuning mod to create Writing and Guitar skill books, also allows children to read skill books, plus enable Gift of Life book to be purchased from Store)
    noautoputawayfirepit
    nomosaic
    pottytrainingx10
    AutoTFB (my own tuning mod to allow auto Try For Baby with 15% chance of preg)

Please let me know if you need more information. I'm not overly attached to my sims so if there is something you would like me to try, let me know.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 26, 18:23:43 by kzlyh » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Flagrant System Error
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 26, 18:22:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, this is a known issue. Does your sim have food plates in his inventory or something? It's not really an error, because it's being trapped and dealt with, but I popped up a dialog anyway for debugging purposes. The next version, if not the one already available, should get rid of it, so it will just chew in silence.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
kzlyh
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 26, 20:07:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No food plates in their inventory, just books.  Cheesy
FrickinIdjit
Corpulent Cretin

ENTJ

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 27, 20:25:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just got another one.  If it helps, it happened just as my sim picked up a chunk of silver.
mikrokitty
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 27, 22:10:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just got this, too. nbd, was able to save and keep playing. No books in inventory, no plates, no one was reading. They just had fish caught from the pond in their inventory, and some harvested fruits. Most of the sims on the lot were fishing from the pond. One was playing guitar. One was interacting with a toddler.
Sparks
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2009 August 12, 01:07:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just got my second Flagrant System Error just now. Nothing in my Sims inventory and she lives alone. I just started the game, had my Sim paint on the easel, and bam:

After I received it, I saved and quit without error.

The night before last, I got one as well, while saving. Not sure how serious to take these errors; I was able to save. This is just FYI purposes.

I Can Haz Portal 2?!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 August 12, 01:36:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is bizarre. This error does not appear possible according to the code given and is possibly an anomaly due to a new update transition and will not recur. Let me know if you encounter it again.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
eve_ftw
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 August 21, 16:17:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recieved one only once... I was waiting for daddy sim to return home from work with momma and two toddlers. I put some things in the family invantory to prepare for a move that evening. I believe from what I can recall, the errors sais something about an expected object or something like that. I think the sim was trying to interact with something that used to be there? I put the objects back in place and no more errors popped up.  And no, my sim didn't have anything queued up to do, it was several minutes later after I removed the objects the errors started.

Any connection between my reality and yours is purely coincidental...
Thunderstorm
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 August 25, 05:00:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I browsed the topics of this forum and it seems as though I might be having Flagrant System Error messages as well (the error window is so tall that I can't see the top). He's a brief description of what goes one when I get what I think are these errors: I have been having problems with my Sims randomly disappearing and being "locked out" from anything else. I then get an error message that resembles the screenies taken by those who are having FSE problems.  Sometimes I get Sims stuck in furnature, othertimes frozen in what they were doing and unable to cancel the action (ala the Philadelphia Experiment).

Here's a fews screenshots showing a typical error.  Keep in mind that none of the screenshots have been cropped or anything like that - the error popups are THAT BIG.
http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu191/eehlert85/errormessage1.png
http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu191/eehlert85/errormessage2.png
http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu191/eehlert85/errormessage3.png

I have been using the Awesomemod core w/ Indie Stone mod and no other mods, Sims 3 is patched to 1.4, and I freshly downloaded Awesomemod about 30 minutes ago and got the same problems as I have been having.  I have been clearing the caches each time I load up the game and it only really helps delay the inevitable with unreliable success.  My Sims' inventories only have a few veggies, seeds, I think a rock, and possibly a book, and certainly not dirty dishes.

Any ideas what the hell is going on (other than possible flagrant system errors)?  Thanks!
jsrich
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 August 26, 22:06:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I upgraded my VidCard from a 512 to a 1.5Gb and suddenly it will not let me use the AM. In addition to FLAGRANT SYSTEM ERROR! it says: "Your version of AwesomeMod have expired 8/22/09 23:44:24. You must get a new one from More Awesome Than You in order to use AW". So I downloaded the newest one and now when it gets to where I pick the game it reverts back to Windows. Help I love AM!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 August 26, 22:19:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any ideas what the hell is going on (other than possible flagrant system errors)?  Thanks!
Looks like your want trees are corrupt. Do a "resetallwants".

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 August 30, 14:19:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I upgraded my VidCard from a 512 to a 1.5Gb and suddenly it will not let me use the AM. In addition to FLAGRANT SYSTEM ERROR! it says: "Your version of AwesomeMod have expired 8/22/09 23:44:24. You must get a new one from More Awesome Than You in order to use AW". So I downloaded the newest one and now when it gets to where I pick the game it reverts back to Windows. Help I love AM!
You need to flush out all your old crudules and reinstall everything.

KaiserCrab
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 September 03, 01:23:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have started getting these as well. You see, I installed AM and had it run fine for about 2 Sim days, and then at around the third, it would invariably freeze a few minutes past midnight. I don't mean the temporary, normal freeze/lag, it would freeze for good; no way to recover other than shuting it down in task manager. Tried disabling AwesomeStory, thing kept freezing. So what I did was to rename the two AM files, load the game, get past the dreaded midnight thing, save and quit, and finally revert the files to normal (hoping that I had hit some isolated, obscure bug that wouldn't trouble me again in the future). That took care of the freeze thus far, but now I keep getting the same flagrant system error over and over again at regular intervals. I don't know how to take pictures of the things, but it says something abut a null reference regarding some story bus and toading sims or something. Maybe someone can tell me how to take them pictures? Any help is appreciated.
Kitbug
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 September 16, 00:23:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have started getting these as well. You see, I installed AM and had it run fine for about 2 Sim days, and then at around the third, it would invariably freeze a few minutes past midnight. I don't mean the temporary, normal freeze/lag, it would freeze for good; no way to recover other than shuting it down in task manager. Tried disabling AwesomeStory, thing kept freezing. So what I did was to rename the two AM files, load the game, get past the dreaded midnight thing, save and quit, and finally revert the files to normal (hoping that I had hit some isolated, obscure bug that wouldn't trouble me again in the future). That took care of the freeze thus far, but now I keep getting the same flagrant system error over and over again at regular intervals. I don't know how to take pictures of the things, but it says something abut a null reference regarding some story bus and toading sims or something. Maybe someone can tell me how to take them pictures? Any help is appreciated.

The key labled "PrtSc" takes a picture of what's currently on the forefront of your screen. As far as I know, you then have to paste it into a Paint-type program and save the resulting file. There might be an easier way, but that's the only way I know how to do it.

JM, I too, just got the Flagrant System Error, twice. =[ I run AwesomeMod and IndieStone--it's been working fine for over a week. When the error pops up it's so big I can't hit the check box, so I just have to quit. I'll try to take a picture if I run into it again. The only adjustment I made lately is it said my version of AM was going to run out, so I deleted the two files that come in the zip of AwesomeMod that were on my computer (awesome.package and the rtfm txt) and installed fresh copies? Could that somehow be causing the problem? As far as I know, Sims is up to the latest version (1.4 something). I'll check for updates, though. Any help is appreciated. I'll add a screenshot if I run into this again. Thanks.

EDIT: Okay, I seem to have fixed this for now. I deleted my cache files and restarted the game. It's still working so far, several days past crashing point on the same family, and now I'm trying to play a new one. I'll update if it happens again.

EDIT 2: aaaand, it's not gone. *sad* So, here's the screenshot. Please note, I forgot to take it before I hit exit, so the background Sims part was not black when the error showed up, it was in the process of exiting. Note two, the image has not been cropped, as you can see by the task bar. It appears that large. Thanks for any help. Also note, I just updated my game. I deleted the IndieStone mod in favor of AwesomeStory. So I'm no longer running IndieStone, and there are no other hacks on my computer. I do have custom content, I don't know if that would interfere, but none of it is hacked. Aaaand, both pictures I brilliantly decided to take after I already hit quit, so the screen did not black out when it showed up, I'd already told it to exit.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k9/wildmustangshadowfax/simserror.jpg
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k9/wildmustangshadowfax/sims3error.jpg

EDIT 3: (last update, promise). I've been trying desperately to figure this one out myself. I'm having no luck. Since it wouldn't hurt anything, I started with the basics. I reinstalled AwesomeMod, hoping that there was a later version that would fix this or something. Then I cleared my cache files--it helped for a while, but the error struck again. The problem with it being, the window appears so big, that I can't check out of it, so there's no way I can save. =[ So, I enabled the autosave feature so I won't lose much if I forget to save. Then, I tried what you told the other person to do about resetallwants. (There are no dishes in anyone's inventory--just a lot of fruit and fish and books.) Then, I downloaded the latest update of AM that you posted tonight, and tried putting it in fullscreen mode, wondering if I'd at least be able to close the popup so I could save and exit. And this is what I got. http://s84.photobucket.com/albums/k9/wildmustangshadowfax/?action=view&current=errorfullscreen.jpg So, no luck. Pleeeease, help me find a way to fix it. It's driving me mad.
« Last Edit: 2009 September 16, 08:30:59 by Kitbug » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 September 16, 09:13:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This error is only possible if something has corrupted the service table in your neighborhood, as the only way this error could occur is if the SimsAssignedToLots dictionary is nulled. Nothing in AwesomeMod is capable of performing this feat as it occurs inside of data structure we have never attempted to edit. Either you have used a third-party mod you're not admitting you, or you've clumsily attempted to edit the neighborhood with a third-party tool. Try using "destroyallnpcs" to see if obliterating the service pool entirely clears this up, and if it doesn't, then the only way to fix it would require modifying the core code JUST to fix an apparently uniquely you, normally-impossible malfunction. Basically, you broke it somehow, it's not my fault, and you're SOL.

Kitbug
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 September 16, 09:17:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This error is only possible if something has corrupted the service table in your neighborhood, as the only way this error could occur is if the SimsAssignedToLots dictionary is nulled. Nothing in AwesomeMod is capable of performing this feat as it occurs inside of data structure we have never attempted to edit. Either you have used a third-party mod you're not admitting you, or you've clumsily attempted to edit the neighborhood with a third-party tool. Try using "destroyallnpcs" to see if obliterating the service pool entirely clears this up, and if it doesn't, then the only way to fix it would require modifying the core code JUST to fix an apparently uniquely you, normally-impossible malfunction. Basically, you broke it somehow, it's not my fault, and you're SOL.

Oh dear. O.O No, I swear, I did not do anything. I don't trust mods, so I've only ever used IndieStone and AwesomeMod. And I never tried to edit the neighborhood in anyway. Either way, thanks for the reply. I'll give that one a try, and if it doesn't work, well, my town is overpopulated with one family's spawn anyway.

Hmm, now I'm curious, though. Is there a way custom content could have somehow been the cause of it? To my knowledge, none of it was in any way hacked, but if it were could that have caused this problem?
« Last Edit: 2009 September 16, 09:29:31 by Kitbug » Logged
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 September 16, 09:57:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh dear. O.O No, I swear, I did not do anything. I don't trust mods, so I've only ever used IndieStone and AwesomeMod. And I never tried to edit the neighborhood in anyway. Either way, thanks for the reply. I'll give that one a try, and if it doesn't work, well, my town is overpopulated with one family's spawn anyway.

Hmm, now I'm curious, though. Is there a way custom content could have somehow been the cause of it? To my knowledge, none of it was in any way hacked, but if it were could that have caused this problem?

Have you tried a new game to see if it works? 

Even try a new game with your CC removed and just with AM and IS.  I never used IS and decided not to when I read that they stopped development of it, because if no one took over development of IS, then eventually it would become really outdated and unusable anyway.  I waited and just us the AM story mode, works pretty good from what I have seen so far.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Kitbug
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 September 16, 15:22:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried a new game to see if it works?  

Even try a new game with your CC removed and just with AM and IS.  I never used IS and decided not to when I read that they stopped development of it, because if no one took over development of IS, then eventually it would become really outdated and unusable anyway.  I waited and just us the AM story mode, works pretty good from what I have seen so far.

No, not yet. I gave up last night and figured I'd work on it in the morning. I'm going to try to work on it with no custom content, and I'm going to ditch IndieStone, too. I didn't know AwesomeStory existed when I got that. <.<

Edit: Well, so far, so good. I deleted all the npcs, then I just went ahead and destroyed the game because the lag on it was getting really annoying from all the sims. I made sure there was nothing but AwesomeMod left, then I reinstalled. To be safe I mangled all the npcs again, and so far it's been working fine. Only gone through three sim days so far, but no problems yet. I am still curious, though, if custom content could cause this? I'm really hoping one of you far more brilliant than me type people can give me some idea as to what might have happened, so I don't somehow manage to do it again.
« Last Edit: 2009 September 16, 16:33:12 by Kitbug » Logged
julie_s
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 September 25, 05:59:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got the Flagrant System Error pop-up indicating that a "boss" was invalid.  I had a playable ghost who got a job at the Science Lab and leveled up until she was in charge.  She eventually died permanently ("X has lost her grip on the mortal coil.  X will come back to visit, but cannot be rejuvenated.")  Three other members of the household "worked" under her, and the Flagrant System Error would show up pretty regularly.  It didn't seem to be causing any freezes or other problems, so I ignored it.

That was two days ago.  Yesterday the neighborhood loaded and played just fine, today the neighborhood is gone.  Just gone.  It is an ex-neighborhood.  Its picture is gone, its description is gone, only its title remains.  When I click on the title, it doesn't load.  Other neighborhoods load and play just fine.

Not sure what the heck happened. 

I was playing a legacy and was on the third generation.  The playable ghost was the legacy founder, and her two daughters and son-in-law (heir's husband) all worked at the Science Lab and all had her as a boss.  The non-heir moved out, the heir aged up, the next generation's heir became a Young Adult, all without a crash. The game seemed to save properly.  Then it just left town.

It's a mystery to me.
tomomi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 September 28, 03:34:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello, I am a little lost reading this thread.  What is Flagrant System Error?  Is this part of Awesome mod?  Is it another mod?  Or it is part of EA error report, etc...?

If this is a mod to diagnose problems, I want to hear more about it.
gtachampion
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 September 28, 18:57:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was getting Flagrant System Errors this weekend as well although I was in a rather bad mood and didn't take any pictures. I got PO'd enough that I just mashed the keyboard until the message suddenly disappeared and my game resumed.  Undecided I'm not sure what key I hit that cleared the error but I couldn't click out of it because my message was too large as were others here. I was having the issue discussed in another thread with homeless families generating like rabbits and I was destroying them by bus loads. At any rate my game would continue fine so I didn't care.  Roll Eyes

The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese.
dragon_tfm
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 September 29, 22:24:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ive just got one as well nothing abnormal that im aware of going on in the game. However it too is far too long to clear out, how do you clear it with out having to shut down the game? I would post a pic but i suck and all i get is the window but with out any words.

check out my uploads here  updated May 15, 2008
NormaJean
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 September 29, 22:45:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure if you mean that you have got the Flagrant System Error, but if you did:
Have you tried with hitting the 'Enter' key?
That should clear it
dragon_tfm
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 September 29, 23:21:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, thank you as i said i suck. I dont know how I managed no to have tried that key the last time i got it, which i just got again which is odd since before today i have only gotten in one other time and that was when i did somthing dumb (forcing move in on homeless) and this is a brand new game, only about 6-10sim days old.

check out my uploads here  updated May 15, 2008
loxotic
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 October 02, 07:08:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a new Flagrant System Error that I haven't seen anybody answer or even report to. When I start my game up, it says that my version of Awesomemod has expired as of 22 hundred hours and I need a new version of awesomemod to continue using it. Then it shuts my Sims 3 down. Common sense says I need a new awesome mod, but reinstalling the zip didn't do anything. Do I need to refresh my aweconfig? Sorry if this has already been explained or gone over, but I couldn't find anything easily that mentioned this sort of thing. What should I do?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: