More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 10:28:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Creat a style drop-down menu spazzing..
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Creat a style drop-down menu spazzing..  (Read 5891 times)
prettivacant
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Creat a style drop-down menu spazzing..
« on: 2009 July 26, 01:57:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else. When I'm in Create a Style, and I try to select a different pattern category.. like wood, or fabrics, the drop-down menu opens up for like a second and if I'm LUCKY I'll be swift enough to select a different category before the menu disappears again! WHY IS THIS HAPPENING?Huh!!! It used to stop once I restarted my game but now it happens every time!!! All of my sims clothes are so bland because I can't get out of the misc. category for almost every article of clothing  Cry
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Creat a style drop-down menu spazzing..
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 26, 02:59:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could be worse. Imagine if you were stuck in the wood category for everything.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Rockermonkey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 26, 03:48:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could be worse. Imagine if you were stuck in the wood category for everything.

Did this actually happen? Shocked. I would probably just laugh. XD.

And Prettyvacant, what mods do you have? Try removing any downloads that aren't from the official site/ anything in your mods/packages folder. You don't have to delete them, just move them to your desktop.
prettivacant
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 26, 17:02:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol Pescado, and Rockermonkey, that's a great idea. I'm gonna go try that!
moondance
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 26, 17:27:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine does this, or something very like it. When I start up CAST, it wants to load EVERY pattern swatch in the loaded category before I'm allowed to choose another category--and in some categories I have quite a few pattern swatches, so this takes a while.  My way of getting around it is to try and load up CAST with something in the "miscellaneous" category (plain solid white) selected, since I only have about five swatches there, so they load fast and I can move to another category pretty quickly. I'm slowly but surely creating plain white recolors of EVERYTHING just to avoid having to wait for other categories to load fully.   Undecided
prettivacant
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 26, 19:10:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay - tried taking out the mods, and same thing. I think it's my effed up video card, which I just had replaced, but the sneaky bastards at Dell downgraded it. Not by much, but my system specs used to be at the minimum requirements for TS3, and ever since I've gotten the new card they're slightly below the minimum requirements. Ummph. Hopefully it's just a glitch, but I doubt it.
pbox
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 26, 20:52:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For me it's the same as for moondance -- it's not going to let me do anything before it hasn't finished loading every single pattern in the current category. There is no difference with mods in or out as far as I know, it's just basic stupid game behaviour.
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 July 26, 22:19:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

CAST increasingly gets slower for me, not sure if it's because of the fps limiter or what. I eventually have to restart client when it gets too slow -which leads me to a theory, it's a memory leak problem.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2009 July 26, 23:21:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I'd noticed that.  S3 was taking up a good Gig and a half of my 3 Gigs before I quit the game (gee, just like San Andreas used to do).  Renderware was Doom, too, wasn't it?

Too many retards
cum heer n tipe jus liek dis
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

INTP, if you care about that.
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 July 26, 23:28:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's definitely a memory leak. Even when I save my game frequently, it still gets slower and slower as I play. I often quit the game to find that my desktop has gone black. The black desktop only happens when I've used waaaaaay too much memory. I have 4 Gb of memory on my machine. There's no way I'd be using so much of it after only a few hours of gameplay, unless there was a leak.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
prettivacant
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 July 27, 00:36:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, I have less than ONE gig of ram and my game usually never gets too slow. I've just been having problems with the drop-down menu's and the patterns in CAST take a long time to load for me, too. Weird..
Drakron
Anime Fapper
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 July 27, 01:10:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WOW, you must be running Windows 98 on a Pentium III because having less that TWO gigs of RAM on XP is asking for trouble.

Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2009 July 27, 01:26:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't that the truth!  And try having less than 4 Gigs with Vista if you plan on having some of those damn widgets. 

Too many retards
cum heer n tipe jus liek dis
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

INTP, if you care about that.
prettivacant
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 July 27, 04:44:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Woah, you guys have totally made me appreciate my laptop sooooo much more than I do right now. You have NO IDEA. I actually have windows xp, and I have an intel processor. It's like.. 1.6 ghz, if that helps.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: