More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:17:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Maid Hair without Cap
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Maid Hair without Cap  (Read 23173 times)
tedw
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Maid Hair without Cap
« on: 2009 July 25, 10:46:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Posting to share the maid hair with the frilly cap removed.  The hair works quite well as an updo on its own, with the cap taken off.  I made this a while ago, but was mostly inspired to share it after seeing that the same hairstyle (sans cap) is being offered at TSR as a pay item.  This is to spite them for asking people to subscribe to buy an in-game, EA hairstyle that they haven't made (seriously, it takes a minute to remove the cap and anyone with the tools can do it).

This mesh replaces the current maid hair; when the tools come out to make non-replacement hair, I will upload a version that does not replace it.  Because it's a replacement, you must type in "unlockoutfits on" or "disableclothingfilter on" (the latter, only if you have AM) in order to access it.  Works for teen, YA/A, and elder.

Download: http://www.box.net/shared/ab55usa4h8
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: Maid Hair without Cap
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 25, 11:55:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very nice job, we need more 'sassy' hairstyles.  Wink
I will definately sownload the non-replace version when it comes.
spuffy
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 25, 15:07:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lovely replacement! Thanks for sharing with us.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 25, 16:14:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So dumb that TSR made this pay. Ugh.

If you get a moment would you mind explaining the steps you use to do this? I tried alpha editing the shaggy male hair to raise the bangs so you could actually see their eyes (and so I might actually want to use it Tongue) but I clearly did something wrong when I repackaged it because it crashed my game when I tried to select it in the CAS. Tongue

It's also like to make that male 'sticking up' hair less (or not at all!) sticking up. Then, again, I would actually use it as I don't now.

Oh you should probably repost the 'pineapple-less' hair either here in the first post below the bun one or else in its own thread. Several people have asked for it and I've directed them to your post in the SAU hair thread, but it's kind of buried.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
littlehouse
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 25, 18:07:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm, I like it. So you mean we can create sims in CAS with this hair AND have hatless maids? Alright, it sounds good. Thank you.
insidious_glamour
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 26, 04:25:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I ar no brain.  I downloads and puts in me mods/packages/etc. folders and deletes caches and still no haers.  What has I do wrong?

ETA: Need to point out I do have AM and I did uses disableclothingfilter on codes.  Other haers show up but maid still has hatses.

non ducor, duco.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 26, 04:57:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was thinking that this looks just like the hair in Jelly's avatar.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 July 26, 05:50:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ETA: Need to point out I do have AM and I did uses disableclothingfilter on codes.  Other haers show up but maid still has hatses.

Did you dump all four cache files first?

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
insidious_glamour
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 July 26, 08:11:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you dump all four cache files first?

I did! (o_O)

non ducor, duco.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 July 26, 19:12:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When called on it:

Quote from: Tweiland
This is a hair that comes with the game - the maid hair, with the frilly cap removed.  I hope you aren't suggesting you meshed this...?

The 'artists's' response was:

Quote from: AnoeskaB
Tweiland, the Workshop needs to be developed a bit more before we will be able to import complete new meshes. In the mean time we'll do the most we can do with the material we have, which means modifying existing hairmeshes. Exactly the same as happened it the early period of hairmeshing for Sims 2.

Anyway, now we have the Delphy tool.

Sorry TSR, for all your blustering about how you have this great tool that is able to do all these things first even before the game came out, you FAIL.

Cathy
Blathering Buffoon

Heavy Sleper

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 July 26, 20:13:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Funny has made this hair for free and not as default replacement:

http://einfachsimlisch.ei.funpic.de/Sims3/index.html

I got your lovely hairs yesterday, Oepu, and they work fine in my game. No crashes or anything. I'm glad to be able to thank you

witchzenka
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 July 28, 12:23:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems to have the maid hat still on at farther zooms.  Otherwise it's perfect - free, non-replacement, etc.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 July 28, 15:31:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems to have the maid hat still on at farther zooms.  Otherwise it's perfect - free, non-replacement, etc.

Yeah, the 'pineapple-less' hair does that too. Seems he didn't change the alpha on the LOD meshes.

virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 July 29, 06:08:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When called on it:

Quote from: Tweiland
This is a hair that comes with the game - the maid hair, with the frilly cap removed.  I hope you aren't suggesting you meshed this...?

The 'artists's' response was:

Quote from: AnoeskaB
Tweiland, the Workshop needs to be developed a bit more before we will be able to import complete new meshes. In the mean time we'll do the most we can do with the material we have, which means modifying existing hairmeshes. Exactly the same as happened it the early period of hairmeshing for Sims 2.

Anyway, now we have the Delphy tool.

Sorry TSR, for all your blustering about how you have this great tool that is able to do all these things first even before the game came out, you FAIL.
Ouch! Maybe Delphy and others (I believe Wes also has a tool?) shouldn't release these tools to the public right away. They should wait it out and send it to a few select artist they know make high quality stuff for free. They should just announce that the tools are there, hand it out to a select few and let the other opportunistic bottomfeeders die of rage for a month or two before releasing it to the public.

I don't mind waiting a bit longer for custom content if it's good while lowlifers such as Peggy steal borrow the tools, make crappy stuff, CHARGE people for them and pose them as their own.

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
tedw
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 July 29, 13:45:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry for not checking back in on this before now.

The maid hair I replaced should not display a cap at further out levels (I believe that witchzenka was referring to oepu's link, rather than mine).

The pineapple hair does show as the original when you zoom out; I neglected to change the LOD versions accidentally.  I'll make a new version which replaces them all and upload that.

Motoki, I edited the meshes rather than any alpha files; I moved the pieces of the pineapple spray thing inside of the head, and shrunk the cap so it is invisible.  I haven't tried altering any alphas as of yet.  If you want further details/steps on how I did this, I can PM you.
Piffle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 July 29, 15:12:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is yours still a replacement, or has it been updated?

First they came for the Wal-Marts, and I said nothing because I was not tacky...
witchzenka
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 July 30, 02:30:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I'm sorry, I should have been more clear, I was referring to the one at Oepu's link.  The creator is trying to fix that now. 
However, if yours is non replacement, I would snap that up in a heartbeat.
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 August 13, 10:35:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very funny things happen from game  to game. I placed the german maid hair in my game and didn't get it at all. Instead it unlocked the Mad Scientist hair (the one you would get if you stayed in front of a strong ventilator  Cheesy
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: