More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 14:33:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  The Driving Dead
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Driving Dead  (Read 5624 times)
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
The Driving Dead
« on: 2009 July 25, 04:38:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was looking at the graveyard, just prior to sending a Sim to visit it.  I wanted to see if a particular ghost was up and about.  She was... but she was "going home."  She and 2 other ghosts left the graveyard, summoned beater cars, and drove away.  She drove to a residential lot, got out of the car, and then vanished.

Apparently the dead own cars.  These were all Maxis pre-generated ghosts, not ghosts of Sims who died in game, but they appear to have home lots anyway.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: The Driving Dead
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 25, 07:27:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just wait until they release pets and we get Toonces the Driving Cat.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Mire Krisma
Pancake Fucker
Retardo Lander

INTP (allegedly)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 25, 07:50:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My guess is that the actual graves of those ghosts were on properties, but the game decided to spawn them in the graveyard for your enjoyment.

Did they have matching graves in the graveyard?

@Pescado: Until you remove it on day one, of course.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 25, 08:45:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Pescado: Until you remove it on day one, of course.
Remove it? Hell no! I'd PUT IT IN THERE!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 25, 11:01:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My guess is that the actual graves of those ghosts were on properties, but the game decided to spawn them in the graveyard for your enjoyment.

Did they have matching graves in the graveyard?
Let me clarify.  These were the pre-generated, colored ghosts that come with the neighborhood.  The ones who who have gravestones in the graveyard before you start playing.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 25, 15:03:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Saw the same last night after I debug-spawned several ghosts in the default 'hood graveyard in a new save.
That's exactly what happened to me, ages back. I even made a post about this back on the picture thread. Mary-Lu is a default ghost, who was grave robbed and dumped unceremoniously onto my sim's lawn.

After Rhoda Bagley's first day back as a playable ghost, a pop-up for Mary-Lu Broke (who also resides on the lot) suddenly came up saying "Gotta go, bye!"

She gets in her car...

And then disappears into the science lab.

Her grave is still around, but I just thought that was really weird and random.
bottles
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 25, 21:44:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It probably has something to do with the way the ghosts are basically translucent sims. NPC sims drive to a random lot and vanish as well. TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely!

chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 July 25, 22:16:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never noticed anything like this in the default graveyards, but my former playables who died in their homes will go running to and from their houses, like they're going to community lots and coming back. It's really funny to watch, especially the old lady wearing a fur-lined coat and high heels.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 July 27, 01:12:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had it happen in my fambly house just last night.  And it seems to repeat itself.  A little after midnight, but well before 1am, two of the Remington family ghosts (in the Riverview Jones household), spawn and immediately pop up a message, "Gotta go now, bye."  The little girl ghost hops on her bicycle and peddles away, while the older man ghost, Jasper Remington, hails a cab, and then drives it himself.

I followed his cab to the public pool downtown, where he vanished off the sidewalk.  The next sim-evening, same time, they spawned again and did the same thing.  The teen boy Remington ghost spawns a little bit later and sticks around the house and haunts just as usual.

Medusa stared at the two creatures approaching her across the Piazza and, instantly recognizing them as Spanish Gorgons, attempted to stall them by greeting them in their native tongue, "Gorgons, Hola!"
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 July 27, 03:48:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's just bizarre. I've been playing that lot, and the ghosts just haunt the house, as per usual.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: