More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 05:41:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Compatibility question with configuration file.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Compatibility question with configuration file.  (Read 13268 times)
Jenna
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Compatibility question with configuration file.
« on: 2009 July 24, 02:39:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like to have awesomemod back installed along with my indiemod. However, I heard that awesomemod is not compatible with same gender pregnancy (like indie mod is). With the awesomemod configuration file its possible to disable some options, like
"Romance & Perversion". Would that mean it would be possible to install an XML mod like the same gender pregnancy? Does disabling features or awesomemod with the configuration file make it possible to allow other hacks which would normally be possible or will I have to wait till EA fixes some annoyances so the game works better on itself? Indiemod besides making story progression fun, has a lot of cool features but I miss some features of awesomemod like the +5 traits and i'd like more challenging jobs. Thanks if anyone knows if this is possible..
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Compatibility question with configuration file.
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 24, 02:41:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No. There is no "Same gender pregnancy". This essentially borks your game and AwesomeMod will never support it. An alternative solution will be added when I have enough time between people naggng me.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Jenna
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 24, 02:57:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shame on you.. same gender pregnancy is cute. But tastes differ.
Tenjho
Blathering Buffoon

ENTP. Shall I run now?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 24, 03:05:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He's going to add an alternative by way of 'cloning' and other scientific realistic means by sending your sims to the science lab. Just wait and be patient Smiley

What\'s the use of happiness? It can\'t buy you money.
ramseyazad
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 24, 04:20:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So is this config file and technique approved for awesome use or totally wrong and apt to cause Very Bad Things to happen?

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15992.0.html
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 24, 04:24:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is a non-authorized third-party modification and is therefore unsupported. While anyone can make any modifications they care to try to AwesomeMod, we are not responsible for whether or not it works!

KITTENS are cute. Pregnancy, PERIOD, is disgusting, and tolerated only insofar as required for realism, and no further!

* Trait Discovered: J. M. Pescado dislikes children.
* The party receives 2 XP.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Jenna
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 24, 12:59:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is a non-authorized third-party modification and is therefore unsupported. While anyone can make any modifications they care to try to AwesomeMod, we are not responsible for whether or not it works!

KITTENS are cute. Pregnancy, PERIOD, is disgusting, and tolerated only insofar as required for realism, and no further!

* Trait Discovered: J. M. Pescado dislikes children.
* The party receives 2 XP.

Pregnancy disgusting? Dislikes children??.. then adds pedophillia option in mod?
* 2 XP more for guessing trait 2 would be 'Inappropriate'.  Grin
ramseyazad
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 July 24, 16:46:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's your cute kitten, as a sacrifice for my question to the gods of awesome.  While I certainly don't want anyone to take responsibility, or offer support for the config-override concept, I would like to humbly petition for an opinion as to the borkability potential.
Jenna
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 July 26, 16:06:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the kitten. Will kitty be in the next update of awesomemod? Wink
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 July 26, 16:42:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the kitten. Will kitty be in the next update of awesomemod? Wink

If Pescado put cats in the game all of the BBS would hail him as their hero and build a statue to him.

Then they would ask for a pony.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Enelen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 July 26, 17:09:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's up with everybody and the pony? I WANT my damn Ticket!  Angry

No, really, now that we have some traits (and can guess others), I would really, really like a Pescado in my game to cuddle um, so that I could have a realistic Emperor of Evil  Cheesy

Runs...
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 July 27, 03:54:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's up with everybody and the pony? I WANT my damn Ticket!  Angry

No, really, now that we have some traits (and can guess others), I would really, really like a Pescado in my game to cuddle um, so that I could have a realistic Emperor of Evil  Cheesy

Runs...

No soup for you ... and watch out for the random snipers!  Ha-ha!

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
Wolfeyes
Furry Yifftard
Retardo Lander

INFJ - 7, Very "F"

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 July 27, 04:32:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And Jenna... in addition to liking cats... Pescado can be magnanimous on occasion hence the added "Pedophilia" element which he created after receiving enormous pressure from many simmers here... it wasn't his idea originally and that is why once a sim is labeled a pedophile they pass Go and go to jail... w/no free "Get Out of Jail" pass...   Wink   Cheesy   Cool

"Life is not about surviving the storms but rather how to dance in the rain" ~

Luther Vandross ~ Forever, For Always, For Love ~ 2005

Genius - Flirty - Friendly - Good Sense of Humor - Great Kisser ~
ramseyazad
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 July 27, 18:17:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, and now thanks to him, all my dirty, dirty, sims are fighting each other for Emperor of Evil because they're all filthy kiddie-fiddlers.  I haven't been able to sort out how to be deviant in private yet - seems the psychic curfew police got jobs as peepers trying to see who's molesting whom.  It's kind of funny how often they are all creeped out.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 July 29, 07:49:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You do know that KITTENS result from pregnacy much like human children, right?

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
Jenna
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 July 29, 21:54:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And Jenna... in addition to liking cats... Pescado can be magnanimous on occasion hence the added "Pedophilia" element which he created after receiving enormous pressure from many simmers here... it wasn't his idea originally and that is why once a sim is labeled a pedophile they pass Go and go to jail... w/no free "Get Out of Jail" pass...   Wink   Cheesy   Cool

Did people want adults dating kids here? Thats sick! Jail for them is funny.

*  Trait we all know. Good Sense of Humor

I'm curious to see what same-gender baby creations he comes up with, I hope it will not have punishments and restrictions involved so we can breed children from same gender couples!! I would love to have my evil sims battle and see all the new features!!! And I hope there are mini-me kids.  Grin

Piffle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 July 30, 12:11:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Between the borked genetics and same-hair "feature", aren't all the TS3 kids mini-mes?

First they came for the Wal-Marts, and I said nothing because I was not tacky...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 July 30, 12:21:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm curious to see what same-gender baby creations he comes up with, I hope it will not have punishments and restrictions involved so we can breed children from same gender couples!! I would love to have my evil sims battle and see all the new features!!! And I hope there are mini-me kids.  Grin
No punishments. Just costs. Creating unnatural abominations through science is not cheap!

Piffle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 July 30, 12:44:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No punishments. Just costs. Creating unnatural abominations through science is not cheap!

Creating natural abominations through breeding isn't cheap either... or shouldn't be.

First they came for the Wal-Marts, and I said nothing because I was not tacky...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 July 30, 12:45:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Creating natural abominations through breeding isn't cheap either... or shouldn't be.
It shouldn't be, but for some reason, people with no money manage to keep doing it anyway.

Jenna
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 July 31, 12:24:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who will get the money? The science center owner?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: