More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 14:37:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomemod Manual or Help Text? Anyone? - Wiki Edits in Progress!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomemod Manual or Help Text? Anyone? - Wiki Edits in Progress!  (Read 38798 times)
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: Awesomemod Manual or Help Text? Anyone?
« Reply #25 on: 2009 July 25, 02:35:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got rid of the quotes and the italics... Hopefully it is how you had it.  From now on Tenjho needs to get permission from management (you) before doing anything.

Anyway, I added some other commands as well and fixed 1 or 2 typos you had in your commands (such as renamesim should have just been rename).  If I fucked something up let me know and I'll try to fix it.

Ah, that explains why "renamesim" didn't work in my game. Apparently, either I'd written it down incorrectly, or somebody posted it incorrectly. Either way, thanks for fixing it.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
Tenjho
Blathering Buffoon

ENTP. Shall I run now?

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 July 25, 03:27:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had used the Italics to differentiate the commands from the text explaining so people wouldn't have to be fully awake and thinking to tell the difference. I also spaced them out since they were jumbled together like one big paragraph. Sorry if you didn't like the changes, but i still stand that from my perspective, it seemed much easier to read that way. No one wants reading something to seem like a chore.

What\'s the use of happiness? It can\'t buy you money.
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 July 25, 04:21:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Italicizing doesn't make things easier to read, but instead distorts the text, making it even more difficult to read. Also, you Italicized all of the text, not just the non-bold text, which was completely unnecessary. Since the command names were already bold, they didn't require anything to differentiate them from the text that was describing them. Bulleted lists eliminate the need for spacing between lines - that's the whole point of using them. You made reading the list even more of a chore by adding weird formatting where it doesn't belong, but this is neither here nor there, because...

I've changed the formatting of the console-commands list, so that the descriptions are indented beneath the command names, making the entire list easier to read. Thank you, Simius, for adding to the missing commands. I slightly reworded a few things, to make them a bit more concise.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 25, 04:30:06 by chaos » Logged

Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 July 25, 04:25:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've changed the formatting of the commands list, so that the descriptions are indented beneath the command names, making them easier to read.
money sets the funds to $1,000,000

money <amount> sets the funds to the amount you specify.

You seemed to have gotten rid of the money <amount> command when making it prettier.
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 July 25, 04:31:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oops! I thought I'd made an erroneous description when putting that one in the first time. I'll add it back. Thanks!

Edit: It's fixed.

OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009 July 25, 22:16:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, came back and everything was under way.  Wiki sounds fantastic and huge thanks to you, chaos, for jumping in even though you weren't too sure about it at first.  Much better than a text file, thanks to Witch.
Coolness.

Edit: I've edited my initial post to account for the new info and a link so people can go directly to Wiki if they so desire. Smiley
« Last Edit: 2009 July 25, 22:30:28 by OpiumGirl » Logged
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: Awesomemod Manual or Help Text? Anyone? - Wiki Edits in Progress!
« Reply #31 on: 2009 July 25, 22:35:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OpiumGirl, it was Kyna who linked to the wiki, not witch. You should change your info in the first post to reflect this.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009 July 25, 22:47:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wondered what I'd done.

*witch narrowly averts senility yet again

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009 July 25, 23:09:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, came back and everything was under way.  Wiki sounds fantastic and huge thanks to you, chaos, for jumping in even though you weren't too sure about it at first.  Much better than a text file, thanks to Witch.
Coolness.

Edit: I've edited my initial post to account for the new info and a link so people can go directly to Wiki if they so desire. Smiley

Yes. thanks very much, Chaos!

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009 July 25, 23:12:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OpiumGirl, it was Kyna who linked to the wiki, not witch. You should change your info in the first post to reflect this.

Ah yes, apologies. Thanks for letting me know, I have amended my initial post.  Thanks to Witch....for nothin'.  Roll Eyes
NameGame
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2009 July 27, 18:44:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I appreciate you taking the time to do this, it's nice to have the info all in one place.

Is there any chance that a more complete description of supreme commander could be added? I know it is similar to the macrotastic system in TS2 when in affecting the active household.... but I also get the impression that it is doing something much more complicated when imposed on inactive households. I'd just be interested to know more about it.
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2009 July 27, 22:19:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only use SC for collecting rocks, bugs, etc, so I don't actually know much about its inner workings. Maybe someone who does know will be kind enough to add the info to the wiki.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2009 July 28, 00:50:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any chance that a more complete description of supreme commander could be added? I know it is similar to the macrotastic system in TS2 when in affecting the active household.... but I also get the impression that it is doing something much more complicated when imposed on inactive households. I'd just be interested to know more about it.
Nope, it's just doing exactly the same thing in inactive households you run it on, it just keeps going.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2009 July 28, 01:26:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would strongly suggest that once you get the text into a shape you approximately like, that you PM wikka mods for expert help with checking the writing, since many of you appear not to be overly familiar with punctuation, and then ask Lorelei to help you to get it to look nice. There are templates in other places on the wikka that you could make use of if you want to start sorting various bits of info into categories.

shadowolf
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2010 November 11, 16:31:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Opium the link in your post says it can't be found. Could you post another one. I did a search but no luck. By the way thanks to all of you for doing this. I am sure it is alot of work.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2010 November 11, 18:46:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Opium the link in your post says it can't be found. Could you post another one. I did a search but no luck. By the way thanks to all of you for doing this. I am sure it is alot of work.

Wikka's down for the foreseeable future.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2010 November 13, 04:19:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Crap.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2010 November 18, 08:43:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh.. so the Wiki wasn't just some big in-joke to make the lurkers cry when it didn't load.. It actually did exist.

Yes, and it was fucking awesome.  Cry

See cached: http://www.google.com/search?q=wikka+more+awesome+than+you

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2010 November 18, 08:53:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The part about Eggs Benedict was the besk wiki page EVAR.

More F than you
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: