More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:35:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  When is consanguinity dilute enough to make distant relations into romance
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: When is consanguinity dilute enough to make distant relations into romance  (Read 9457 times)
uncle
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
When is consanguinity dilute enough to make distant relations into romance
« on: 2009 July 23, 16:21:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Every place in the world has their own interpretation about this, so I figured that the Sims may as well.

If I have my legacy family spawning off and then marrying into other families I have created, how does it impact the 2nd, 3rd and 4th generations when I still want to keep things in the Founding Families?

I searched under 'incest' Shocked, yet found nothing, so I hope that this is ok to post!
little_lark
Asinine Airhead

Smashing idiots with hammers since 1989

View Profile
Re: When is consanguinity dilute enough to make distant relations into romance
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 23, 16:34:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've found that Sims recognize up to first cousins, aunts and uncles. I believe the game matched up a pair of my Legacy outcasts who were second or third cousins at one point.
hidethe_cutlery
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 24, 23:32:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The game also recognises Step-Parents and Step-Siblings as well as Half-Siblings.
I'm not really down with all the second, third, removed cousin laws and whatever, but my child sim recognised his aunt with a mutual father/grandfather but different mother/step-grandma (I didn't see Step-Grandparent, though the child didn't interact with her)

Heaven for the climate, hell for the company.
minidoxigirli
Feckless Fool

ESFP- I'm a speshul snowflake

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 24, 23:35:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But the step relationship is gone once the parent is dead. I had one girl who was raised from a baby by her stepfather- never knew her father.  But yet the moment her mother died, she started flirting with her stepfather.  It was really disturbing.

My claim to Sims fame?  I was featured as a Sims 2 fan on an MTV show about The Urbz.  I'm badass like that.
LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 25, 00:20:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My family has finally expanded enough to see this. I have a set of first cousins once removed (his grandmother is her great-grandmother). They get the romance interactions and don't show a family relationship in the relationship panel.
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 25, 00:36:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But the step relationship is gone once the parent is dead. I had one girl who was raised from a baby by her stepfather- never knew her father.  But yet the moment her mother died, she started flirting with her stepfather.  It was really disturbing.
I don't suppose her name was Soon-Yi...?

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
minidoxigirli
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 25, 01:15:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

- Gus

No, it was Lauren.  But the other acceptable answer would have been E'Dena Hines, Morgan Freeman's stepdaughter.

My claim to Sims fame?  I was featured as a Sims 2 fan on an MTV show about The Urbz.  I'm badass like that.
Euphemism
Blathering Buffoon

In Soviet Russia, cupcake laughs at YOU!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2009 July 25, 04:40:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But the step relationship is gone once the parent is dead. I had one girl who was raised from a baby by her stepfather- never knew her father.  But yet the moment her mother died, she started flirting with her stepfather.  It was really disturbing.

- Gus

No, it was Lauren.  But the other acceptable answer would have been E'Dena Hines, Morgan Freeman's stepdaughter.

EEEEEWWWW, why must people insist on bringing that up!?! He plays the helpful grandpa in all the movies, god damn it. I want to pretend his personal life doesn't exist. Cry

Also: I'm wondering if anyone has played TS3 long enough with aging off to have great-great-grandchildren etc. Is there a point where they stop recognizing their great-great-great grandpa as family? It always squicked me out so bad in TS2 when, at a certain point in the line, a Sim could roll up Wants to bone their great-great-great grandma. *shudders*

EDIT: Apologies for repeating myself, but I didn't know how else to word it.
minidoxigirli
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 July 25, 09:09:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, good question.  I'll save a new copy of my Legacy family and start resurrecting the great-greats.  It's time for some incestuous testing!

Euphemism
Blathering Buffoon

In Soviet Russia, cupcake laughs at YOU!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2009 July 25, 09:41:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh lawd. What have I done?

Thanks for satisfying my curiosity, though Grin
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2009 July 25, 15:05:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If aunts/uncles/grandparents are off-limits and FCOR are not, it sounds like they have just replicated the TS2 system:  aunts/uncles/grandparents/first cousins (and vice versa) are family, and anything beyond that is not.  What I'm wondering is if in-law relationships are borked the same way they were in TS2, too.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

minidoxigirli
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 July 25, 15:39:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, well, this is weird.  I cheat-resurrected every male ancestor in the Legacy Family Ghost Pen.  It appears that the furthest distance they can recognize is Great-Granddaughter.  They don't recognize Great-Great-Granddaughter.  But, they don't have any Romantic options with their female descendants, even as far removed as six generations.  The option just isn't there.  I even cheated them into being in a relationship, and still there was no romantic interaction menu.

rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2009 July 25, 20:07:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, well, this is weird.  I cheat-resurrected every male ancestor in the Legacy Family Ghost Pen.  It appears that the furthest distance they can recognize is Great-Granddaughter.  They don't recognize Great-Great-Granddaughter.  But, they don't have any Romantic options with their female descendants, even as far removed as six generations.  The option just isn't there.  I even cheated them into being in a relationship, and still there was no romantic interaction menu.

Interesting.  Do the ghosts have normal romantic interactions available with other sims?

minidoxigirli
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 July 25, 23:36:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup.  Sent the dead dudes to the park, and they can flirt with all of the women there, just not their relatives, even if they're unlabeled.  I wonder if there's two family designations, labeled and unlabeled.

rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2009 July 26, 00:26:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or it could just be that the premade dead sims have some kind of residual code baggage.  It is interesting that they recognize their great-grandchildren, though, as that wasn't in TS2.

minidoxigirli
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 July 26, 00:31:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These ghosts weren't premade, though.  They were past generations of my semi-Legacy family, born in game (except for the founder, who was made in CAS).

rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2009 July 26, 03:52:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahh, I take it back then.  I wonder how far this goes.

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 July 26, 06:59:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Am I the only one who finds it hilarious that a dude called "uncle" wants to know about incest?

minidoxigirli
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 July 26, 18:24:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, I didn't even notice that.  But now that I have, it is hilarious.  And I feel dirty for helping him.

virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 July 28, 09:51:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How about adopted sims? I mean you have a playable family' who's kids have been taken away. You let them get adopted by another playable family. Do the kids recognise their biologic parents? This wasn't the case in TS2.

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: