More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 17:39:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Yet another Very Bad Thing, I think.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Yet another Very Bad Thing, I think.  (Read 4511 times)
misterK
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Yet another Very Bad Thing, I think.
« on: 2009 July 23, 12:13:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A few days ago, i updated AwesomeMod, and forgot to enable SupCom in the config file. After I loaded the game, I remembered, and I closed it immediately. Yesterday, I made a new config file, and also installed Indie Stone's story progression mod. then, when I booted the game up, I found my sim at the computer, typing away, but the computer wasn't there. The shadows under the keyboard and the monitor were there, but no computer mesh. Was this just a stray bug, or is there something wrong with my game?

Formerly known as kotchomet, the name that no one can pronounce!
misterK
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Yet another Very Bad Thing, I think.
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 23, 15:42:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But when that happens, doesn't it usually show the mesh, albeit grey and without the texture?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 23, 16:06:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is normal. Things you haven't looked at in awhile are no longer rendered or saved in memory, and if you suddenly whip your camera across the neighborhood to look at it, it will pop into view gradually, just like what happens in Splotch. Large neighborhood objects like buildings will appear first as very crappy low-detail models, smaller features may be entirely invisible at first, or pop as whiteish-gray puddingblocks, before gradually taking form. This is normal and harmless, either pause your game and wait patiently for it to finish, or just deal with it. It is the price you pay for no loading screens.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
misterK
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 23, 23:06:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright, I'll try it again, but I've had the camera focused on this same sim and his computer for a while, just booting it up and then deciding to close it down again.

cuthbert
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 24, 04:10:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try to put the desk with a laptop shadow on it in the family inventory. This might restore the laptop, I hope.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 25, 17:03:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright, I'll try it again, but I've had the camera focused on this same sim and his computer for a while, just booting it up and then deciding to close it down again.
This same thing happens in my game all the time, and rather than sit there staring at the lack of a computer, I just cut away to look somewhere else and then come back to the desk. The computer always renders up fine for me on the 2nd peek.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: