More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 02:05:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Question: garden wants
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Question: garden wants  (Read 3698 times)
ramseyazad
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Question: garden wants
« on: 2009 July 23, 02:22:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims are always rolling the 'grow [quality] [type of plant]' want but I can't for the life of me tell what it means.  At what point in the plant's life is it considered 'grown?'  It doesn't seem to get fulfilled, but I almost always delete it because I can't seem to fulfill it, and it usually rolls right after I have just harvested the very same plant. 
cassblonde
Exasperating Eyesore

Lazy Lurker

View Profile WWW
Re: Question: garden wants
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 23, 02:24:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This question should be in "The Horror" as it has nothing to do with Awesome Mod.

I'm an apathetic sociopath, I'd kill you if I cared.
Euphemism
Blathering Buffoon

In Soviet Russia, cupcake laughs at YOU!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 23, 02:50:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It gets fulfilled when that plant bears fruit after that wish is rolled. It doesn't matter if it's grown fruit before; it needs to grow the fruit again. Just be patient.
little_lark
Asinine Airhead

Smashing idiots with hammers since 1989

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 23, 05:03:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm almost positive I've harvested fruit from the correct type of plant after rolling the want, and still not achieved it. I'm thinking perhaps that you have to plant an entirely new seed after rolling the want and wait for it to mature and bear fruit.  I'm also not sure if the want will accept qualities better than it asks for, or if you have to get the quality exactly right.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 23, 05:17:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Piggybacking on this a little, what counts as having grown a plant? If Son plants it, Dad fertilizes, they all trade off watering and weeding, and Mom harvests, who gets to have "grown" the plant? Should I be rotating harvesting or planting duties on perfect plants if they all have the same LTW (8 perfect plants)?

INFP or something
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 23, 05:30:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims are always rolling the 'grow [quality] [type of plant]' want but I can't for the life of me tell what it means.  At what point in the plant's life is it considered 'grown?'  It doesn't seem to get fulfilled, but I almost always delete it because I can't seem to fulfill it, and it usually rolls right after I have just harvested the very same plant. 

In my game I've noticed this type of wish is usually satisfied when the plant reaches maturity.  Since I typically plant 2 of each plant what often happens in my game is that one plant will mature, the wish to repeat the feat will roll up, then the second plant will mature a second or two later and satisfy the wish.  Like the similar fishing wish, the quality doesn't have to be an exact match, as long as the quality of the plant is equal to or better than the quality requested in the wish  (so a perfect tomato plant will satisfy the wish to grow an excellent tomato plant, in much the same way that a perfect anchovy satisfies the wish to catch an excellent anchovy).

Sometimes satisfying this wish will trigger a wish to grow the fruit of the plant - i.e. satisfying the wish to grow a life plant might be followed by a wish to grow a life fruit.  This one's easy to satisfy, lock it in and then wait a day or so until the plant fruits.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 23, 05:53:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sim with wish must have planted that which is harvestable. If somebody else planted it wish will not be fulfilled

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 July 23, 05:53:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sometimes satisfying this wish will trigger a wish to grow the fruit of the plant - i.e. satisfying the wish to grow a life plant might be followed by a wish to grow a life fruit.  This one's easy to satisfy, lock it in and then wait a day or so until the plant fruits.

Yes, there are two types of wants: For growing the plant and growing the fruit the plant produces. I sometimes get these two mixed up.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: