More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 22:23:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Slacker Babysitters
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Slacker Babysitters  (Read 20904 times)
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: Slacker Babysitters
« Reply #25 on: 2009 July 25, 04:32:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never thought I would miss the TS2 nannies so much  Sad

Oh my babysitters look like them now thanks to Userunknown's mod + Edit in CAS + my tinkering around with the design tool on some clothing.

[snip]

I just need to get them to work better now, that's the hard part. I don't even care if they pee all the damned time as long as they actually take care of the damned kids!

Holy crap, those are amazing. It looks much better than anything I could attempt. Would you happen to be willing to upload them somewhere, pretty pretty please?

Well I just tweaked the colors around with the default EA patterns really, but sure. I'll fire up the game in a bit to play anyway and export those outfits.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 25, 04:41:06 by Motoki » Logged

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
FrickinIdjit
Corpulent Cretin

ENTJ

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 July 25, 04:37:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Motoki, did you happen to change their traits while you had them in CAS?  If so, what did you give them?  I'm thinking of taking a page from your book, but I wouldn't know what to do with their personalities beyond family-oriented and neat.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 July 25, 04:41:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah. I think I gave them neat and perfectionist. Didn't seem to help much though. Tongue

FrickinIdjit
Corpulent Cretin

ENTJ

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 July 25, 04:48:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Roll Eyes  I think I'll stick with just family and neat then.  Or... wait... is there a trait that conflicts with bookworm or childish?  I really don't want them pulling a book out of their back pockets or breaking the video game console when they're supposed to be doing better things.
Euphemism
Blathering Buffoon

In Soviet Russia, cupcake laughs at YOU!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2009 July 25, 05:02:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe Workaholic as another trait? Or Friendly, to push them to interact with the larvae, thus perhaps resulting in some accidental getting-stuff-done?

FI, there is a list of traits that conflict on this site somewhere. Searching should find it. Off the top of my head, though, I don't think any traits conflict with those.

Many thanks Motoki. I know it was probably pretty simple, but alas, I am epic fail at the design tool. Everything ends up coming out with black and green polka dots and three heads.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009 July 25, 08:57:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay see if these files work.

For the tops I used the first (one on the leftmost side) denim pattern from Around the Sims 3 http://www.aroundthesims3.com/patterns/pattern_fabric_01.shtml

You don't have it use it if you don't want and can just do solid white or another pattern, but I thought it gave the shirt a nice material look.

Let me know if the files don't work. This was sort of an experiment exporting clothing recolors via the CAS and then extracting a useable package file from the sims3pack.

* NannyGear.rar (99.29 KB - downloaded 163 times.)

Jinxy Cat
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009 July 25, 10:56:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

David seems to be an effective babysitter - now

I hired him overnight while my parents slept a few times (the toddler was in it's crib due to wake up when he arrived) and he did everything he was meant to during the night so they woke to a sleeping baby with all it's needs met.  He still isn't the tidiest of Sims but he does the babysitting job now when he is left alone in the house with the toddler and my parents don't come home to cranky children.

Doing the same thing with the red headed girl - Candy - resulted in having to get up in the middle of the night to fire her for playing video games downstairs all night while the toddler cried for food and a nappy (diaper) change.

Think I am just going to move an unemployed friend (live in Nanny!) into the spare room instead now lol
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009 July 25, 19:54:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How on earth are you getting a babysitter to be on the lot while the parents are still there?

Btw, I believe Dislikes Children conflicts with Childish, but, well, you wouln't want that trait on your babysitter.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009 July 25, 21:34:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How on earth are you getting a babysitter to be on the lot while the parents are still there?

Uh, call services.  Wink

chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009 July 25, 22:45:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If both parents are home when one of them calls the babysitter, then the babysitter will show up and do its job until one of the parents dismisses it. If one parent is gone when the other calls the babysitter, then the babysitter will automatically leave when the second parent gets home.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2009 July 25, 23:58:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, so I'm stupid.  I guess I only ever called then when I was just about to leave anyway.

You know, from what I've been seeing in game lately, it seems it's not just babysitters, but non-controlled sims in general who are generally useless in taking care of kids.  I have often witnessed parents at the park or library standing staring off into space while thier babies/toddlers scream thier heads off in Hunger and/or Hygene frustration (usually both, actually) for hours and hours while everyone including the sim parents themselves complain about the "crying baby".  Um, duh, maybe try feeding and changing it?

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2009 July 26, 00:22:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed this, too, and since sims can just pull bottles from their butts, and spin babies to magically change their diapers, there's really no excuse for them not to. Stupid EA.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
gelfling
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2009 July 26, 10:51:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even worse, my sim with all the charisma challenge perks doesn't have the option to "Fire" a maid or babysitter.  I guess it's because they're automagically friends as soon as they step foot on the lot...?
My Sims have the same issue since they completed the last of the charisma challenges. Those babysitters that have turned up to my Sim's home have looked after my toddler well enough but the belching, farting and flirting with the maid is just too icky to put up with.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2009 July 30, 08:42:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, from what I've been seeing in game lately, it seems it's not just babysitters, but non-controlled sims in general who are generally useless in taking care of kids.  I have often witnessed parents at the park or library standing staring off into space while thier babies/toddlers scream thier heads off in Hunger and/or Hygene frustration (usually both, actually) for hours and hours while everyone including the sim parents themselves complain about the "crying baby".  Um, duh, maybe try feeding and changing it?

From what I read on Customers_Suck, this seems to be fairly realistic :/

INFP or something
Silverdrake
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 2009 July 31, 14:14:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I managed to Fire the babysitter yesterday (for the first time), and I STILL had to pay him! I'm thinking of going the nanny route and creating a caretaker who moves right into the house until the babies grow to school age.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: