More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 17:15:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Can it be Wed 2pm at this house and last Friday 3am at that house?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can it be Wed 2pm at this house and last Friday 3am at that house?  (Read 8199 times)
Nancy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Can it be Wed 2pm at this house and last Friday 3am at that house?
« on: 2009 July 22, 01:54:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry to post new, but I've searched until I am blue in the face and don't see an answer for this.

I assumed I want to turn storymode progression off.  I did.  Well, all my houses are on the same date and time anyway.

The ones I care about and checked are Sacred - whatever that is supposed to mean, and I haven't quite figured that out either.

Is "storymode progression" not about it being able to be different days and times at different houses - like it was in the Sims 2?

And what is "Sims 2 Style Aging" in awesomemod?

Maybe I just have the wrong options set, but whatever I try, it's always the same date and time in my two different houses I care about.   And my sims invariably spend loads of time standing by the side of the bed when they wake up, and I've forgotten it's that time, even though I have logs of when everybody is supposed to wake up....

Please don't tell me it's back I switched active houses by control-clicking and "switch to" with the awesomemod - and if it IS that - is there a safe way to change active households?

Sorry I micromanage my sims, but I do....

Nancy

quetzilla
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Can it be Wed 2pm at this house and last Friday 3am at that house?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 22, 02:07:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The game has only uniform time for the town.  There is no other option and it's nigh unlikely that there ever will be as it would be a lot of work just to make it do something that people mostly bought sims 3 for it to not do Tongue.
rhodaloo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 22, 03:31:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had to clarify this with Pescado.  If you have Sims 2 aging enabled, then the only the sims you play age.  However the clock will change uniformly across the neighborhood.  Once I realized that, I disabled Sims 2 aging.  Part of the enjoyment of Sims 3 is that it is different from Sims 2.
chann
Corpulent Cretin

TS3: an "eye-opening tour de farce" (sic)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 22, 05:16:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The closest way to run on "TS2 Time" is to turn on TS2Aging and play fixed 7 day rounds in every household. The only unrealistic effects are that households will still accumulate money while you're not playing them, and the longer-term moodlets (especially from deaths) will wear off before you get back to the household. And you can't switch between them on a whim as it will break up the simultaneous aging.
Nancy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 22, 06:00:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the last comment.

I got the awesomemod when I wanted the older daughter to move out of Mom and Dad's house.

For a whlie, playing two households was fine.

Now, I was stupid and kept Mom and Dad alive, Younger brother married and they have a baby.

Older daughter across the street married and has a toddler.

Wow, it's getting hard to play the daytime, particularly the morning.   Especially with the darn babies/toddlers.  And both young women are pregnant.  What did I do to myself?Huh

And how in the WORLD do I play a third generation.

I really like being able to go out around town more easily, but....   Darn EA, what were they thinking.   Didn't they see our old challenges.

Well, I'll try the last suggestion and deal with the money/moodlet things.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 22, 06:29:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, in the default game, you're only allowed to have one house, anyway. With AwesomeMod, if you want to play multiple houses, there are several ways to do this:
1. You can use fast switching and Supreme Commander to keep sims on-task and orderly even as their numbers balloon.
2. You can abandon them to the vagaries of one of the story mode drivers (presently either IndieStone or EAxian-with-or-without-AwesomeMod limits, coming soon AwesomeEngine)
3. You can kermitflail like a maniac.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 22, 15:49:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, it's getting hard to play the daytime, particularly the morning.   Especially with the darn babies/toddlers.  And both young women are pregnant.  What did I do to myself?Huh

And how in the WORLD do I play a third generation.
Sounds like you aren't comfortable with the time management aspect of the Sims and have issues with caring for multiple sims. Prosperity play probably isn't for you, at least not yet. My biggest 'hood had 23 households going (this is TS2) in rotation. It was great for the community aspect, plus I felt like I knew the sims better than I do in TS3. Time does slow down as rotations take longer and longer.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 July 22, 19:02:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Indiestone has an option to make the households you are not currently playing not progress in careers, death/births move outs/in on a house by house basis or the entire hood, so along with TS2 style aging that might be your best bet, and the suggested play one household for a week until certain time etc. I tend to up birthdays early using the debug cheat, and have massive death parties for generations of elder in the park at noon. The entire town comes by to say good bye and then there's a ghost afterparty at the graveyard (my hood is not very much unlike "Lois Lowry's The Giver ")
Nancy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 July 24, 17:29:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was going to try the SupremeCommander for a while, since my game isn't too crazy yet.

There's so much on SupremeCommander in searched, but I search can't find much of a guide to using it.

I wish it was stickied or something.

Anybody know where one is hiding?

Nancy
Tenjho
Blathering Buffoon

ENTP. Shall I run now?

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 July 24, 17:50:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://wikka.moreawesomethanyou.com/Awesomemod

That is the closest thing to a guide around atm.

What\'s the use of happiness? It can\'t buy you money.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: