More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 14:07:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Vacation NPC?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Vacation NPC?  (Read 4084 times)
Cynarra
Blathering Buffoon

S&W: The original point and click interface. ENTJ

View Profile
Vacation NPC?
« on: 2009 July 20, 22:10:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have installed all expansions and stuff packs through M&G.  I am using the antiredundancy from the AL director's cut and have the cleaned up templates installed.  The only other hacks in my directory are nostrayrespawn, notownieregen, nossrespawn, nodormierespawn, and the vacationfixes.

I created all three vacation hoods, with the cleaned templates.  The only vacation hood visited has been Three Lakes.  When I checked my NPC's, I had three ninja's?  Is this a problem with my antiredundancy file or should I reinstall the cleaned up templates for BV again or switch them for the empty templates?

Additionally the Unsavory Charlatan shows up on community lots that are Non BV.  After picking the pocket of my sim in a Riverblossom Hills community lot, he then started showing up at the played sim's home and stayed as wedding guest.

The version of Antiredundancy installed is dated Feb. 25, 2008

I AM THE LAW!  Judge Dredd
Britney
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Vacation NPC?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 20, 22:19:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My god, update the redundancy!
And its normal  to have 3 Ninjas, I think. I think each one has a different eye color or skin tone.
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 21, 21:04:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My god, update the redundancy!
And its normal  to have 3 Ninjas, I think. I think each one has a different eye color or skin tone.

Wut?
Feb 25, 2008 is the latest anti-redundancy.  FFS, if you can't be bothered to check your own advice, don't give it.

To the OP, I don't know whether something could be wrong with your templates or the hack, but I only have 1 ninja.  I've sent several generations of sims on vacation to Takemizu, and maybe half a dozen have actually learned to teleport from my lone ninja there.  I'd check the creation dates on those character files to see whether they were spawned all at once, or over a period of time.  That will give you a clue as to whether it's a dirty template, or some sort of hack conflict.

I also get the Charlatan showing up on non-local comm lots, so that part of his behaviour is probably not borkenness.  He's never showed up on any of my res lots, though.  Check what his relationship level is to your sim, maybe that accounts for the difference?  Huh
InsanePsychoRabbit
Asinine Airhead

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 22, 04:04:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never seen an Unsavory Charlatan show up on residential lots, but he shows up on community lots in my base 'hood and ALL of its sub-hoods if given enough time. It's always been that way for me, and I'm pretty sure it's a feature, not a bug.

Also, isn't he actually an object, like Mrs. CrumpleBottom? If so, Sims really shouldn't be able to have a social relationship with him.
Cynarra
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 22, 22:56:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well when I checked the creation dates of the character files, and they are all at the same date and time, when I added the three vacation hoods.

There are also three unsavory charlatans, but they have no data in files, three ninjas, and three food judges.

Should I re-do the cleaned up hood, or replace with the emply hoods to fix?

seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 24, 01:23:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It looks to me like you didn't install the empty templates properly for BV, and FT at least.

If you want to keep playing that 'hood, fixing the templates now won't help.  You can either use the method in "Deleted 2" to wipe out the extra NPCs, or you can fix your empty templates and start a fresh 'hood.  The Charlatan visiting your res lots is a bit problematic, but you could keep playing if that's the only sign of corruption that you can find.

I don't think I quite understand your question, because I don't know what kind of 'hood you wanted to build.  Do you want to eliminate just the extra NPCs?  Do you want all or some of Pleasantview townies, or none at all?
Cynarra
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 25, 01:08:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think I quite understand your question, because I don't know what kind of 'hood you wanted to build.  Do you want to eliminate just the extra NPCs?  Do you want all or some of Pleasantview townies, or none at all?

No you answered my question.  So I will delete my hood and reinstall the BV and FT clean templates should resolve the issue and start over.  Thanks!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: