More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 10:52:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Graphics Problem and Crashing
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Graphics Problem and Crashing  (Read 2324 times)
Oibotic
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Graphics Problem and Crashing
« on: 2009 July 18, 08:52:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got ALL the Sims games, and the latest patch but a few problems.  Cheesy

Firstly, I'm getting this error while playing:
Direct 3D returned an error: D3DERR_Notavailable. The application will now terminate.

I know my Directx is up to date and I'm using a modified driver that was made to fix the Nvidia freezes in the Sims (because with the latest driver, my game would always freeze with this blue screen, and I would get the even worse BSOD so plzplz don't tell me I need to download the newest one -hides-) This driver I've had has been working fine for weeks until now anyway.  I'm running a system that is definitely capable of running the Sims, I just don't know what to do to make it work right.   Huh  (check the notepad attachment for my system specs)

Anyways, I think its a Directx problem...maybe.. haha   Undecided
I get these errors when I test Direct3D:
DDraw Test Result: All tests were successful.
 D3D7 Test Result: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x887602eb (error code)
 D3D8 Test Result: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x8876086a (3D not available)
 D3D9 Test Result: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x8876086a (3D not available)

Any insight would be great!  (EDIT:  I first noticed this problem actually about two days ago, I just realized, after my computer updated it self, some service pack or something, not sure if that is causing the problem?)

And now for the other problem I've had since I very first installed the Sims..
After awhile of playing the game I get the most ridiculous graphics bugs..

Here's an example of what is supposed to be a house after the graphics problems start occurring.
I've tried SO many things to fix this, I run my game on really low settings and it still doesn't always help from it.  I know my computer can do better than this.  Please please help!  The more detailed you can be with your posts the better, I know a fair amount about computers but not /that/ much.  Thanks.  (Oh, if I forgot to include something, let me know.  I might be a tad slow at responding, I don't have a lot of computer time at the moment.)

* DxDiag.txt (49.68 KB - downloaded 264 times.)
« Last Edit: 2009 July 18, 10:00:40 by Oibotic » Logged
Mizz Rose Bud
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Graphics Problem and Crashing
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 24, 15:27:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I donīt know if this is your problem, but when my game start to act like that, removing the dust from the fans, videocard and CPU helps a lot ! I use a tiny soft brush and a ton of patience.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: