More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 22:55:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Indie Stone Now with added Awesomeness
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Indie Stone Now with added Awesomeness  (Read 84205 times)
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: Indie Stone Now with added Awesomeness
« Reply #75 on: 2009 July 22, 08:18:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Besides which, Awesomemod is extremely unforgiving with homeless. It just basically lets them live out of a box somewhere off screen on a bus forever. I have never in all of my time using AM had it have a homeless person get housing. I either had to forcibly move them in with cheats or gas their ass.

I think whichever personalities Indie stashies in the off screen homeless nexus are perfectly safe, at least until and unless the random toad machine has some plans for them.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2009 July 22, 09:06:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The random toad machine does indeed have plans for them, yes. Homeless sims have an elevated chance of starving to death on the streets. Tongue A homeless sim will aggressively seek to become non-homeless. If all his efforts to become non-homeless fail, and he runs out of money, his chances of starving to death on the streets start climbing rapidly.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2009 July 22, 09:25:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If all his efforts to become non-homeless fail, and he runs out of money, his chances of starving to death on the streets start climbing rapidly.

That is awesome  Cheesy (you already know, but still).
You know also what would be funny? Linking their survival chances (and their money) to the charity donations/charity underrmining amounts. In this way, those tasks would do something actually useful, apart of a moodlet.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2009 July 22, 09:29:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If all his efforts to become non-homeless fail, and he runs out of money, his chances of starving to death on the streets start climbing rapidly.

That is awesome  Cheesy (you already know, but still).
You know also what would be funny? Linking their survival chances (and their money) to the charity donations/charity underrmining amounts. In this way, those tasks would do something actually useful, apart of a moodlet.

Now THAT would be perfectly awesome.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Nepheris
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2009 July 22, 11:05:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It also creates new families to keep the neighbourhood populated, according to the same rules for existing families. One interesting feature is that you can set it so that new townies are created using DNA from Sims in the Library.

I can't find this anywhere in the menu. Under what overhead option can I find this?
Cedia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2009 July 22, 11:23:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It also creates new families to keep the neighbourhood populated, according to the same rules for existing families. One interesting feature is that you can set it so that new townies are created using DNA from Sims in the Library.

I can't find this anywhere in the menu. Under what overhead option can I find this?

Under Immigration > Genetically Create from Bin (or something similar).  It's the bottom menu in the Immigration menu.

cedia.gamerdna.com
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2009 July 22, 11:31:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, see, I already thought of that. Tongue

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Daimon
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2009 July 22, 14:00:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While making money is... not exactly a problem... in S3, I'd love to see donations of either kind affecting the homeless sims, nice ones helping them out and evil ones doing the opposite. It's not that my Good sim can't afford donating 1k a day -- it's just that there is no point for me to remember to make her. The moodlet? She already waltzes around in permanent euphoria because of the beautiful house and her painting obsession.
BobDob
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2009 July 22, 16:15:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You need to be using the latest version of awesomemod. If you are then it should work.
I'm definitely using the latest version, since I'm using the version that works with IndieMod.  I'm not sure why the commands aren't being recognized, but I'm certain AwesomeMod is running.  Sad
Driskoll Xun
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: 2009 July 22, 17:54:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, ISM will create personalities such as the neighbourhood hussy which it stores as a homeless family. It also will create families based on how many houses are available: in my 'hood I started with 12 empty houses, and ISM filled up 8 of them within a Sim-week with new families.
Since I put a few blue-, green-, and redskinned Sims in the bin along with nice face archetypes, I now have a nice and varied 'hood.

ISM also saves a list of all your library bin sims as homeless.  Somehow they don't move into town, like service npc's, nor age.  Apparently they're just there as breeding stock.  My library happens to contain archetypes that I've made personally, top level bosses for each career to prevent fewer unqualified promotions.  Since they're homeless in ISM, AM uses them as bosses in those test neighborhoods.

On another note, ISM may be counting lifetime reward traits as regular traits.  I'll actually play a "backstory" of some families, then place them in the bin to incorporate into my main town.  These sims tend to have purchased traits.  All of my immigrants in ISM start with seven regular traits.
Orange Indigo
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2009 July 22, 18:00:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed ISM and AM as the instructions said, and both seem to be working.
I have all AM functions working as they should.
ISM commands show up on the cell phone.

However, I never get notifications (yes, they're supposed to be turned on) for anything. Is this a known glitch or is ISM not working?

Sometimes it takes a while for them to start but if you're playing for a really long time and get none then yes that is a problem. Make sure you have the latest versions of both Indie and Awesome, but just the Indie mod not the core. Also by default Indie only gives most of it's notifications for friends so if your sims don't have many friends you may not get much. You can set those notifications to everyone though.

If none of that works try running the Indie Stone Mod compatibility checker in the programs and utils section at Mod the Sims. If it gives the all clear for mods (ignore anything it says about hair or objects) then not really sure what the issue is.  Undecided

I had been playing for awhile, so I have no idea why they didn't start coming up.

For future reference for anyone who has the same problem:
I deleted the .cache files, and then did ctrl+shift+c "setconfig indiestone on" just to be sure it was turned on.
Then I set notifications to Off, then back to on. Then I configured them so everything was All, so I would see any notification.
Nothing happened at first, so I was fooling around with the other settings. Right after I gassed the obnoxious homeless masses hiding in my neighborhood, I got the first notification.
Some buffoon fell to his death. And then another! Some 12 got a job or something.

So, I don't know why it didn't work at first. I don't think any of my neurotic behavior could have impacted it that much...
Ah well. At least it works now.
 Grin!
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2009 July 22, 18:00:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I need "Sim Bin" clarification. ISM pulls from pre-mades in the CAS bin or from sims sitting in the Library bin?

Nevermind. Reading comprehension ftw
Enelen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2009 July 22, 18:08:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, I don't know why it didn't work at first. I don't think any of my neurotic behavior could have impacted it that much...
 Grin!

My solution was shutting the game down and going to sleep: then when I turned it on today, voila, it works! (Strange, because I cleared the caches yesterday...) The usual Voodoo - at least I never got the mysterious crash, not even with conflicting core mods I accidentally left in the mods folder...
Driskoll Xun
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: 2009 July 22, 18:28:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit: If you are playing with immigration from your bin and considering turning ISM on and off in the same neighborhood, be sure to delete your townies as you go from ISM to AM.  I don't know what AM would do with all the archetypes ISM saves as homeless.
Shouldn't be necessary: I imagine ISM is equipped to deal with them normally in the event that they are slain or moved in by player actions, so the same would apply if AwesomeMod were to do the same.

Before the two mods were combined, I don't recall ever having access to, I'll call them, breeding stock (BS) sims.  I'm not concerned about ISM's normal homeless.  In a normal ISM game BS sims would never have interaction with playables.  AM uses BS sims as bosses; will it ignore them in other regards?

Edit: Apparently, ISM only places those BS sims during its setup then doesn't clean up after itself.  I destroyed all townies; ISM immigration continued as normal without any further homeless being created.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 22, 20:56:59 by Driskoll Xun » Logged
Orange Indigo
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2009 July 22, 19:03:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin!

My solution was shutting the game down and going to sleep: then when I turned it on today, voila, it works! (Strange, because I cleared the caches yesterday...) The usual Voodoo - at least I never got the mysterious crash, not even with conflicting core mods I accidentally left in the mods folder...
Well, I did the same thing, without meaning to. I got very frustrated with the damn thing last night, so I closed down and didn't start it up until a few hours ago.
It probably would have worked even if I didn't do anything. Who the hell knows.
Writin_Reg
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2009 July 22, 20:01:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone edited their Sims and not have changed traits or lifetime wish stick?

After installing both mods last night I wanted to get rid of two traits my Sim had which were fun until she gave birth to my first Sims 3 twins, and likewise i did not want her having the heartbreaker lifetime wish, so in order to use her acquired points on something else instead of wasting it on the "change Lifetime wish" I did it in edit. To my dismay the lifetime wish of heartbreaker was still there, and although the traits appeared to be the new ones I implimented, she still has the actions of the original traits. Like she always would wake up minutes after she went to bed to tromp through the entire house and to the downstairs kitchen to check the stove and check the kitchen faucet in the sink. Even if I cancelled it out, a few minutes later she would pop up again and want to do the same thing over again. Each time I stopped her it adds to the bad moodlet she gets (times 2) from not letting her check it.

Even though the trait itself changed, she still gets the action where she jumps up from bed, briefly pictures the sink, then goes back to sleep. I don't see the bad moodlet, but I have noticed that any good moodlets seem to take a hit and pop off. As I said earlier here though the lifetime wish won't change, it's still showing heartbreaker and I wanted to change it to News Anchor, as she is a journalist.

The other trait I changed was inappropiate which I changed to charistmatic, and i think that one took because she is no longer changing her clothes to weird stuff or doing things like taking the babies outside and leaving them in the yard instead of putting them back in their cribs.
Nepheris
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2009 July 22, 20:06:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think there's a warning in Awesomemod against using editsim to change traits and such. If you shift-click the sim, you get the option to change their traits. Try doing it that way?
FrickinIdjit
Corpulent Cretin

ENTJ

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2009 July 22, 20:12:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Modify Traits" won't change the LTW in my game either, nor does purchasing the "Mid-life Crisis" reward.  Be glad you didn't waste those points, Writin_Reg.
Nepheris
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2009 July 22, 20:16:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It won't change the LTW, but it might fix the 'still stuck as neurotic' thing he/she/it has going on. Stress is on 'might' though.
Tenjho
Blathering Buffoon

ENTP. Shall I run now?

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2009 July 22, 20:16:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think there's a warning in Awesomemod against using editsim to change traits and such. If you shift-click the sim, you get the option to change their traits. Try doing it that way?

In awesome, you can use droptrait "trait", and addtrait "trait" to remove and add traits on selected sim as you see fit. Much easier imo.

What\'s the use of happiness? It can\'t buy you money.
Writin_Reg
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2009 July 23, 00:09:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm a she - at least the last I looked anyway.

Yeah, I knew AM wouldn't - someone else mentioned I shouldn't try it, which is why I use the Indiestone/cell phone Edit feature as I didn't see a warning on that - unless I missed it in reading the info. Anything is possible around here when the hubby has his band mates over for a jam session. I'm lucky to hear myself think.

That's good to know about the ingame phail as well, as this Sim really stinks at building up her happiness points which was why I was aiming for the "learn faster" and then maybe i can do something with her. I guess I am lucky I only have one (so far) that I can't seem to get to finish anything in a respectable amount of time. I don't know what propells her to keep going out of que every five minutes - but if I take my eyes off of her a minute she's off dancing to the stereo or radio. Actually there is an EA Sim with the same traits and the same kind of behavior, that Ruby... Broke I think it was. When the game first came out I played an EA family from each hood to learn the hood and the game, and I'm quite sure I played the Brokes. What a disaster that family is.
 This couple I downloaded from a friend of mine, she said they were fourth generation newlyweds from her two legacy families and had good genes.
But anyway, thanks for the heads up and I will try again.

« Last Edit: 2009 July 23, 02:29:45 by Writin_Reg » Logged
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2009 July 23, 06:01:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Writen_Reg

I had a sim who wore her bathing suit in the bathtub.  She didn't have the never-nude trait... And I couldn't figure out why she was doing it.  But then it occurred to me that her father did have that trait...  So maybe she got it from him through some weird EA genetics thing.  I couldn't get rid of it, but at least I had a reason for why she might be having that behavior.

My guess is that one of your sim's parents (or grandparents?) had the neurotic trait.... And that is why your sim is still exhibiting that behavior after removing the neurotic trait.  Like my sim, she might have some genetic/hidden/weird EA thing that passed the neurotic gene down to her from a parent/grandparent.

That doesn't really help you get rid of the problem/trait.  But assuming I am right, it would at least explain why it is there.  (And no, I'm not 100% sure that traits can get passed down that way... But it is my best guess)

tedw
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2009 July 23, 09:03:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you ever change your sim's age via editsim?  I ask because doing so seems to cause Sims to wear random clothes into the shower, rather than going nude.
BobDob
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2009 July 23, 15:44:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One one of them is trogdorstrikesagain, the other supposedly is discoinferno, though I am not sure if the latter one has been implemented yet.

As for what they do, well that is half the fun. Find out for yourself. Wink
Hmm...I tried both of those and got unknown command errors.  Is there a command you need in front of it?

You need to be using the latest version of awesomemod. If you are then it should work.

OK, something is definitely weird.  I'm using the version posted today, and AM is definitely running.  Of the custom commands I've tried, the only one that worked is "destroyalltownies", which then gave me a Pescado'ish message about gassing 115 sams.  "nukeimposters", "discoinferno" and "trogdorstrikesagain" all give me unrecognized command errors.  Is there anything else that could possibly conflict with those commands?  Do any of the awesomemode config settings potentially disable commands?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2009 July 23, 16:04:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try turning on testingcheatsenabled or the debug commands. Some commands are classified as testingcheats or debug commands and are not intended for casual use by peasants.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: