More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 15:27:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Indie Stone Now with added Awesomeness
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Indie Stone Now with added Awesomeness  (Read 84164 times)
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Indie Stone Now with added Awesomeness
« Reply #50 on: 2009 July 21, 03:17:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just as an update, I was able to get my game started and running with Indiestone  by (oddly) generating a new config file for AwesomeMod.  After doing so, I have started it multiple times without a problem.
twoftmama
Blathering Buffoon

Domestic Goddess

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2009 July 21, 03:25:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been playing around with Wolfrun. All I can say is awesome! Cheesy It's cool to progress a few generations and see which of my created sims have hooked up. Now the problem I'm having is that the bills aren't being paid automatically. Anyone else running into this mini problem?

Yes I am having the same problem, but that's part of ISM not Awesomemod, so you should report it there.  Smiley

If the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left handed people are in their right mind.

TFM'S Naughty Sims Asylum
Darth_Diclonius
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2009 July 21, 03:33:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been playing around with Wolfrun. All I can say is awesome! Cheesy It's cool to progress a few generations and see which of my created sims have hooked up. Now the problem I'm having is that the bills aren't being paid automatically. Anyone else running into this mini problem?

Yes I am having the same problem, but that's part of ISM not Awesomemod, so you should report it there.  Smiley

I wasn't sure if it was a indie mod issue or an awesomemod computability issue. I'll go ask over there.
Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2009 July 21, 05:14:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dude, it's like the Berlin Wall coming down!  Dazed Germans crossing the border, passing by each other east and west, all slack-jawed, looking left and right for the attack dogs and sharpshooters, seeing none, and wondering if they are still asleep.  We need Pink Floyd!

I'm going to stick with AM alone for now (although I would like a solution to the musical houses problem).  After my current fambly metastasizes, I'll give the combo a shot.

Medusa stared at the two creatures approaching her across the Piazza and, instantly recognizing them as Spanish Gorgons, attempted to stall them by greeting them in their native tongue, "Gorgons, Hola!"
moondance
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2009 July 21, 05:20:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm very happy now, no more switching a mod in, switching a mod out, and trying to remember what I've just done, or why.  I could wish that it was possible to set all my Indie options via the Awesome configuration page, or something like it,  but that would just be wishing for way too much. It's close enough to perfect as it is.
ZeKat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2009 July 21, 10:53:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just in case anyone else gets this problem: When starting the game, I got bitched at for not having the CD in the drive. But removing aweconf.package fixed it, it started up fine now with no bitching.
asciident
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2009 July 21, 10:57:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just in case anyone else gets this problem: When starting the game, I got bitched at for not having the CD in the drive. But removing aweconf.package fixed it, it started up fine now with no bitching.

Create a new config that ensures you have the CD check-disabler enabled?

asciident / realrobotica
Selene
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: 2009 July 21, 15:41:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I've had IS for a week or so now. If I download the new .5b file and install do I only need the awesome.package to make it work? I just want to do it right the first time...

Thanks in advance.
dowens
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2009 July 21, 15:53:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes update your Indie Stone and install Awesome mod. Make sure you do not have the core indie stone.
I know the older versions DID NOT have the core package as well. So I jsut updated my IS and then added the AM.
kittie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Eh? Aging?
« Reply #59 on: 2009 July 21, 19:04:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded the indiestone mod (not the core package) with awesomemod and updated and such and the game was running fantastically. I switched from household to household, playing until I got bored with one to switch to another . I had stasis on all of the households I play with aging on and everyone seemed to be doing fine.... until I switched to a specific household. The same settings applied, but for some reason Nobody in this household is aging. I have a young adult, baby (who I forced to toddler) and child that aren't ageing day after day. I can't seem to figure out why, any help?

I tried turning aging off then back on with no luck. I'm wondering if there's a setting i'm missing somewhere? I didn't know whether to put this here or in the buggedness, or in the questions threads.
Edit: Could it be that sims don't age while stasis is on and I just hadn't noticed with the previous households?
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2009 July 21, 19:08:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesomemod's "sacredness" is totally seperate from the Indie Stone features and gets disabled when the driver is on, correct? Because so far so good, except I just got a popup notification that one of my "sacred" Sims just got married, and not only does she have commitment issues but her husband was already married at the time. He's the one who was subject to the early story-mode moveout that left him married on his wife's side but not on his. I thought I'd fixed it, but I guess not. Both his original wife and my playable showed the rings icon in his list. He's met with his accident now; too bad I didn't remember to do it earlier. I suppose the only way to prevent this is to turn off marriage with Indie Stone on all my sacred families and do it manually if I want to...
Enelen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2009 July 21, 19:34:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it just me, or the discoinferno and the trogdor cheats really do the same? I just got around to actually fire up the game (literally) Cheesy and had several minutes of LOL, especially as my Cloud Strife in testing I forgot I had in the hood and never met before charged in and saved the day while all the professionals were busy saving each other. Go figure! Cheesy The stuff creates a horrible lag, though...

Hmm, I might actually save here... Nobody died, I got all the firemen in one place and I was just looking for a way to make them appear so that they could knock my sim up with awesome genes Wink

Any more secret how-to-fubar-my-legacy(ish)-neighborhood stuff?

A little more in-topic: does anybody know if Indie comes with all storymode actions enabled or disabled? I went over it several times, and disabled this, enabled that, but I'm not sure I covered all I wanted and I have no idea where to check the actual settings. The problem is, I ceased to have notifications days ago, and then noticed I only enabled certain of them for friends, so I made that for all hood, got a notification of somebody doing something, then again nothing. I didn't disable anything I *want* to see, so if something is disabled, it's by default. I got several "this-and-this got a job" notifications, but nobody married or had a kid thus far for example... I'm sure marriage is enabled, socialization is enabled, but that mod is a maze and I always get lost in it. I never thought I'll like Pescado's commandline mods better than a shiny visual interface, but there you have it  Embarrassed
twoftmama
Blathering Buffoon

Domestic Goddess

View Profile
Re: Eh? Aging?
« Reply #62 on: 2009 July 21, 21:26:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded the indiestone mod (not the core package) with awesomemod and updated and such and the game was running fantastically. I switched from household to household, playing until I got bored with one to switch to another . I had stasis on all of the households I play with aging on and everyone seemed to be doing fine.... until I switched to a specific household. The same settings applied, but for some reason Nobody in this household is aging. I have a young adult, baby (who I forced to toddler) and child that aren't ageing day after day. I can't seem to figure out why, any help?

I tried turning aging off then back on with no luck. I'm wondering if there's a setting i'm missing somewhere? I didn't know whether to put this here or in the buggedness, or in the questions threads.
Edit: Could it be that sims don't age while stasis is on and I just hadn't noticed with the previous households?

Sims do not age when stasis is on.

If the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left handed people are in their right mind.

TFM'S Naughty Sims Asylum
kittie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2009 July 21, 21:47:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok thank you. I'll just turn it off when i'm playing a household then turn it back on before leaving that household.
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2009 July 21, 23:02:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it just me, or the discoinferno and the trogdor cheats really do the same? I just got around to actually fire up the game (literally) Cheesy and had several minutes of LOL, especially as my Cloud Strife in testing I forgot I had in the hood and never met before charged in and saved the day while all the professionals were busy saving each other. Go figure! Cheesy The stuff creates a horrible lag, though...

Discoinferno's brilliant, even if it does grind my PC to a halt for five minutes beforehand! I haven't tried the Trogdor one yet because I need to go back a couple of pages to find the code.

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
BobDob
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2009 July 21, 23:42:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One one of them is trogdorstrikesagain, the other supposedly is discoinferno, though I am not sure if the latter one has been implemented yet.

As for what they do, well that is half the fun. Find out for yourself. Wink
Hmm...I tried both of those and got unknown command errors.  Is there a command you need in front of it?
Orange Indigo
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2009 July 22, 01:49:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed ISM and AM as the instructions said, and both seem to be working.
I have all AM functions working as they should.
ISM commands show up on the cell phone.

However, I never get notifications (yes, they're supposed to be turned on) for anything. Is this a known glitch or is ISM not working?
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2009 July 22, 02:25:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One one of them is trogdorstrikesagain, the other supposedly is discoinferno, though I am not sure if the latter one has been implemented yet.

As for what they do, well that is half the fun. Find out for yourself. Wink
Hmm...I tried both of those and got unknown command errors.  Is there a command you need in front of it?

You need to be using the latest version of awesomemod. If you are then it should work.

I installed ISM and AM as the instructions said, and both seem to be working.
I have all AM functions working as they should.
ISM commands show up on the cell phone.

However, I never get notifications (yes, they're supposed to be turned on) for anything. Is this a known glitch or is ISM not working?

Sometimes it takes a while for them to start but if you're playing for a really long time and get none then yes that is a problem. Make sure you have the latest versions of both Indie and Awesome, but just the Indie mod not the core. Also by default Indie only gives most of it's notifications for friends so if your sims don't have many friends you may not get much. You can set those notifications to everyone though.

If none of that works try running the Indie Stone Mod compatibility checker in the programs and utils section at Mod the Sims. If it gives the all clear for mods (ignore anything it says about hair or objects) then not really sure what the issue is.  Undecided

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
nekochanpurr
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2009 July 22, 02:40:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is quite awesome! Thank you so much for making this possible! Smiley
Driskoll Xun
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: 2009 July 22, 04:41:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ISM still does a couple things that I don't want in a neighborhood that I care about, but at least it is easier to switch to it when my wife wants to play!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2009 July 22, 04:49:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ISM still does a couple things that I don't want in a neighborhood that I care about, but at least it is easier to switch to it when my wife wants to play!
You should be able to turn the engine on and off simply using "setconfig indiestone on/off" from inside the game. You will have to wait a bit longer if you want the Random Toad Machine.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Driskoll Xun
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: 2009 July 22, 04:54:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, that's a godsend.  I didn't think you could ignore the file entirely. 

Edit: If you are playing with immigration from your bin and considering turning ISM on and off in the same neighborhood, be sure to delete your townies as you go from ISM to AM.  I don't know what AM would do with all the archetypes ISM saves as homeless.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 22, 05:17:13 by Driskoll Xun » Logged
Imbrii
Tasty Tourist

Misanthropic Anthropologist

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2009 July 22, 06:55:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know what AM would do with all the archetypes ISM saves as homeless.

As I'm not very familiar with ISM and just started using it with AM, I wanted to clarify. Does it store something important in the homeless bin/that shows up under listhomeless? Mine seemed to explode in size, with families I'd already moved in listed in triplicate and I didn't know why so I nuked them all, but they seem to be creeping back. Is this intentional on the part of ISM?
Imbrii
Tasty Tourist

Misanthropic Anthropologist

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2009 July 22, 07:29:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, ISM will create personalities such as the neighbourhood hussy which it stores as a homeless family. It also will create families based on how many houses are available: in my 'hood I started with 12 empty houses, and ISM filled up 8 of them within a Sim-week with new families.
Since I put a few blue-, green-, and redskinned Sims in the bin along with nice face archetypes, I now have a nice and varied 'hood.

Thank you, that explains the mysterious homeless. I was confused that they appeared but never moved into a house or were announced entering the neighborhood. I assume that what seemed to be duplicates of current houses were just bases for the imports instead of random weirdness. I'll have to not kill them all off this time, heh. And read up more on ISM.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2009 July 22, 07:36:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit: If you are playing with immigration from your bin and considering turning ISM on and off in the same neighborhood, be sure to delete your townies as you go from ISM to AM.  I don't know what AM would do with all the archetypes ISM saves as homeless.
Shouldn't be necessary: I imagine ISM is equipped to deal with them normally in the event that they are slain or moved in by player actions, so the same would apply if AwesomeMod were to do the same.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: