More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 17:59:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Indie Stone Now with added Awesomeness
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Indie Stone Now with added Awesomeness  (Read 84042 times)
Writin_Reg
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Indie Stone Now with added Awesomeness
« Reply #100 on: 2009 July 23, 17:00:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just wondering with the new build for AM today, do I have to do anything else besides remove the old AM and replace with the new one now that I'm using it with Indie stone? Like do I need to remove any scriptcache or take out IS - then replace it or anything?

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2009 July 23, 17:17:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm a she - at least the last I looked anyway.

Yeah, I knew AM wouldn't - someone else mentioned I shouldn't try it, which is why I use the Indiestone/cell phone Edit feature as I didn't see a warning on that - unless I missed it in reading the info. Anything is possible around here when the hubby has his band mates over for a jam session. I'm lucky to hear myself think.

That's good to know about the ingame phail as well, as this Sim really stinks at building up her happiness points which was why I was aiming for the "learn faster" and then maybe i can do something with her. I guess I am lucky I only have one (so far) that I can't seem to get to finish anything in a respectable amount of time. I don't know what propells her to keep going out of que every five minutes - but if I take my eyes off of her a minute she's off dancing to the stereo or radio. Actually there is an EA Sim with the same traits and the same kind of behavior, that Ruby... Broke I think it was. When the game first came out I played an EA family from each hood to learn the hood and the game, and I'm quite sure I played the Brokes. What a disaster that family is.
 This couple I downloaded from a friend of mine, she said they were fourth generation newlyweds from her two legacy families and had good genes.
But anyway, thanks for the heads up and I will try again.

That is funny because in my game Ruby Broke is an elder rock star. She is a real Tina Turner or something. She's actually pretty much the only townie to be successful and make something of herself. Still lives in a trailer though.  Cheesy
Mind you I have also never tried playing her.

For some reason she excelled under the iron fisted dictatorship of Pescado rules where many many others have failed and fallen through the cracks staying at low level jobs and repeatedly getting fired.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Writin_Reg
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2009 July 23, 18:28:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Motoki,

When I played the Brokes she was a young adult living with her parents and some other family members in three trailors on one lot. Granted that whole game is long gone, as I did a complete (manual) uninstall/reinstall about 2 weeks later when I could actually "SEE" the game. I had eye surgery on the 3rd of June, so I couldn't do much but install the game Vanilla and let it do it's own thing. Once I was able to see well enough to "fix" my game (thanks to Pes) I started the whole thing anew.

I just remember that Ruby and her mother just about drove me nuts dancing all the time. Even deleting all the radios in all 3 trailers and the ones EA had decided these Sims needed in their inventories (like the 3 on the lot were not enough) did not stop the dancing marathon nor the "enjoying the music" moodlet they both seemed to have - as there was no music or any other music source as I had deleted the one tv too to try and make these pixels LEARN something. I do know Ruby had a guitar but she was not very skilled at using it, as did her Uncle who was barely much better until I started getting him to work on the skill. But no matter what I told Ruby or her mother to do, if i clicked on other Sims on the lot to do things, I always found the mother and Ruby not doing what I left them doing and just dancing together.

On a funny note, now that I think about it I decided to move Ruby out and into a male Sims house that she apparently considered her boyfriend, to try and stop the endless dancing, I recall the mom suddenly decided she hated Ruby and kept refusing to talk to her on the phone or even on a community lot. When i reinstalled the game I did not save any of my previous games and I really don't have any idea what's going on with Ruby or even if she is still in the game. My Sim has ran into her younger brother Skip a great deal and the little girl - her cousin I believe who are both adults in my present game, but I haven't seen any of the others from that lot that I can recall.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2009 July 23, 18:29:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is funny because in my game Ruby Broke is an elder rock star. She is a real Tina Turner or something. She's actually pretty much the only townie to be successful and make something of herself. Still lives in a trailer though.  Cheesy
Mind you I have also never tried playing her.
Rockstar is a really easy career for the game to autonomously advance in because once a sim has a guitar in their inventory, they are OBSESSED with it, and therefore, will skill up rapidly.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
BobDob
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2009 July 23, 21:12:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try turning on testingcheatsenabled or the debug commands. Some commands are classified as testingcheats or debug commands and are not intended for casual use by peasants.
Yep, that was it.

Evil, evil man.  Oh, those poor toddlers!  Shocked
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2009 July 25, 02:06:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you ever change your sim's age via editsim?  I ask because doing so seems to cause Sims to wear random clothes into the shower, rather than going nude.
No, I didn't.

I have another family I am currently playing and the 12 daughter is doing the same thing.  But neither of her parents have the nevernude trait so obviously I was wrong about that causing it.  Then again, the dad is a slob and he randomly throws the newspapers in the trash every couple of days... I haven't seen a slob do that before.  So I guess I have no idea what is up with that or why they seem to have some traits they shouldn't.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2009 July 25, 04:00:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Evil, evil man.  Oh, those poor toddlers!  Shocked

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Chocolate Milk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2009 July 27, 11:10:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have another family I am currently playing and the 12 daughter is doing the same thing.  But neither of her parents have the nevernude trait so obviously I was wrong about that causing it.  Then again, the dad is a slob and he randomly throws the newspapers in the trash every couple of days... I haven't seen a slob do that before.  So I guess I have no idea what is up with that or why they seem to have some traits they shouldn't.

Does she, perhaps, have the 'insane' trait...? I know you might've already thought of this, but it hasn't been mentioned. The 'insane' trait does cause people to wear inappropriate clothing.
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2009 July 27, 18:59:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does she, perhaps, have the 'insane' trait...? I know you might've already thought of this, but it hasn't been mentioned. The 'insane' trait does cause people to wear inappropriate clothing.
No, she has the neurotic trait though.  I don't think the insane trait causes them to wear a bathing suit in the bath... It just kind of makes them wear random outfits when doing things.  (like swimming in clothes or jogging in formal wear.) 

On further inspection the bathing suit she wears in the bath isn't even one of her outfits... it is a purple one instead of her pink swimsuit.  But whatever.  There probably isn't a rational explanation for this EA oddity.
Krisan Thyme
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2009 July 27, 19:09:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims actually appear to have their "Naked" outfits randomized for them when they're first generated. Usually they'll just be naked as normal, while other times I've noticed the game likes to add needless accessories or other things to them (like the males will occasionally be wearing a necklace or a pendant, even if they otherwise never wear these things), but I believe rarely (relatively speaking) they'll just get some completely unexplainable outfit which isn't even remotely close to being nude. I have no idea why the game insists on doing this, but it isn't that hard to manually fix\change either. (Just one reference needs to be altered in the savegame for that Sims Naked outfit, and you're set.)
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2009 July 27, 23:59:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, how can you change that in the saved games? I am having a problem with the hairstyles randomly changing while bathing. My EA buzz cut sims randomly have long hair when they bathe or long haired female sims have the short afro when they bathe.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2009 July 28, 00:06:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, how can you change that in the saved games? I am having a problem with the hairstyles randomly changing while bathing. My EA buzz cut sims randomly have long hair when they bathe or long haired female sims have the short afro when they bathe.

Possibly in the Neighborhood Workshop? I know you can modify some settings of an individual sim in your savegame, but I haven't really messed with outfit settings yet.

Krisan Thyme
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2009 July 28, 02:10:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Basically, do this:

1) Download Neighborhood Workshop. (Motoki kindly linked it above.)
2) Start up your game and load your desired savegame. Go the household with the Sim that's inappropriately dressed when nude..
3) Use "disableclothingfilter on" in the console.
4) Select your trouble Sim and either send them to the Mirror to plan their outfits, or simply use the "Editsim" command on them.
5) Change one of the outfits on the Sim to whatever you want your nude Sim to look like. (I recommend Sleepwear or Swimwear) Since you have the clothing filter off, you should be able to select the nude top and bottom pieces for your Sim here.. Make any other fine adjustments you want, like hair, accessories, etc..
6) Save your outfit, return to the game, then save your game to a new savefile. Exit the game too if you wish. (though it isn't necessary)
7) Open up Neighborhood Workshop and load the savefile you just created.
8) Go into the advanced editor, then make sure you have your Active Household selected in the dropdown window above.
9) Open the "mMembers" tree, "mSimDescriptions" tree, and then whichever numbered tree corresponds with the Sim you're editing.
10) Scroll down and open the "mOutfits" tree, then open tree "0" and either tree "4" or "5" (this assumes your Sim only has the default 5 outfits and not anymore you've added, otherwise it might be some other number), 4 being Swimwear, and 5 being Sleepwear - whichever of the two you made Nude.
11) Copy the "Instance" value from your Nude Swimwear\Sleepwear outfit and replace the Instance value found inside tree "0" with it. (Simply paste over it.)
12) Go up to File and hit Save. You'll have to give the edited savefile you just made a new name, so go ahead and name it whatever you want.
13) Open up the game anew and load your edited savefile. You're nearly done now.. All you really need to do is fix your Sleepwear or Swimwear, whichever you made nude. Go ahead and use the Mirror or the Editsim command to do this, then save yet another new savefile.
14) Go and send your Sim to the shower or bathtub and see if it worked! (if you followed all of this correctly, it should have.)

This might all seem a bit more complicated than it needs to be, but due to the way the game saves things there really isn't any faster way to accomplish this. (I've tried several times over now, and failed.) Luckily this outfit shouldn't ever need to be changed more than once per Sim, so it's not that bad.
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2009 July 28, 07:16:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Darn, missed that one, Sims 3 Neighborhood Workshop.

Thanks Motoki and Krisan Thyme.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
Silverdrake
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: 2009 July 31, 14:44:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Possibly in the Neighborhood Workshop? I know you can modify some settings of an individual sim in your savegame, but I haven't really messed with outfit settings yet.

Thank you so much for this link! I hadn't seen it before. I can finally get in there and fix the gender preference - yay! I have some gay sims, and if I turn relationships on with Indiestone, they *still* hook up with women, even after only flirting with men. I'm going to use NW to modify the preference and see if it fixes that issue.

Now, if only I could get IS to stop remarrying my sims after I rename them back to their original names. I prefer to keep their names, but the only options are to pick either, male, or female.

I also have a teen who went steady with his gf listed as married! Is that a bug? Or just the way it works? It even says that her family are his in-laws now, which is kind of weird for a teenager.

Edit: oooh, there's a key for zodiac on NW - wonder if the game actually does *anything* with that? Most are all set to Aries, although some of those born in game have a different sign.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 31, 14:57:55 by Silverdrake » Logged
Krisan Thyme
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2009 July 31, 16:17:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Darn, missed that one, Sims 3 Neighborhood Workshop.

Thanks Motoki and Krisan Thyme.

I'm sure you've already gotten this done, but I neglected to mention two things.
One, you can just use the "dresser" or "mirror" commands in the console to change their planned outfits, rather than unpausing your game and manually going to one of these objects. And two, you can just use an extra planned outfit in any category, dress that one up as "Naked", and use that as a base instead. This might actually save you a tiny bit of time, since I personally always give all of my Sims an alternative nude Sleepwear and Swimwear outfit anyway, and as such one wouldn't need to fix anything after modifying the save itself. (And even if you don't want the extra outfit, you can just delete it. Which might be a little simpler than recreating whatever outfit you overwrote using the method I described before.)

I also have a teen who went steady with his gf listed as married! Is that a bug? Or just the way it works? It even says that her family are his in-laws now, which is kind of weird for a teenager.

Yes, there is an Indie bug (or two) that's related to marriage.. it seems a bit iffy sometimes about its logic in marrying odd Sim couples off without you even noticing it. (Not that two teens getting married is that odd, but it's not suppose to happen autonomously that I know of.)

Edit: oooh, there's a key for zodiac on NW - wonder if the game actually does *anything* with that? Most are all set to Aries, although some of those born in game have a different sign.

This isn't used at all as far as I can tell, it's just a remnant of a feature never finished by EAxis.
Of note, all CAS created Sims are Aries, while various Townies and the like could be set as literally anything.. However, you CAN change the value, and it "will" stay saved on that Sim. Furthermore, you can even export the Sim to your bin and that Zodiac value will remain as whatever you set it as even after processing them through CAS again.

So while it is completely useless a variable, it might rear its head again in a future expansion.. In the meantime you can set these however you like without fear of it hurting anything. (I did with most of my Sims, just for the hell of it.)
« Last Edit: 2009 July 31, 16:29:28 by Krisan Thyme » Logged
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2009 July 31, 16:21:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you so much for this link! I hadn't seen it before. I can finally get in there and fix the gender preference - yay! I have some gay sims, and if I turn relationships on with Indiestone, they *still* hook up with women, even after only flirting with men. I'm going to use NW to modify the preference and see if it fixes that issue.

Now, if only I could get IS to stop remarrying my sims after I rename them back to their original names. I prefer to keep their names, but the only options are to pick either, male, or female.

Indie seems hell bent on forcing sims to be hetero no matter what in my experience. Somehow I doubt the gender preference thing will help because I think it ignores it. I know I have had sims who have flirted with the same sex more than the opposite which should set that preference value, but Indie has paired them with the opposite sex regardless. Let me know if it works for you.

This, like the "Species" value is likely something for an expansion. Tongue

Krisan Thyme
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2009 July 31, 16:40:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Indie seems hell bent on forcing sims to be hetero no matter what in my experience. Somehow I doubt the gender preference thing will help because I think it ignores it. I know I have had sims who have flirted with the same sex more than the opposite which should set that preference value, but Indie has paired them with the opposite sex regardless. Let me know if it works for you.

I haven't really played much of the game since AwesomeMod supported Indie (I've been too busy creating new Sims, homes for them, and setting up the appropriate relationships between them in my new neighborhood to really get in any serious playtime), but I don't like the sound of this at all.. I don't want my Gay Sims to wander off and start hitting on those of the opposite gender when I've specifically setup their preference against that kind of behavior. I may just have to remove Indie completely if this is how it's going to be. (I was going to wait until Pescado had his Story Progression going before I got rid of Indie, but meh.. I've gone to lengths to ensure my neighborhood stays diverse and interesting, so I don't need something like this to impede my progress.)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2009 July 31, 16:56:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AwesomeStoryMode will retain the gender preferences of your sims. Isn't that awesome? What's more, it will use the existing preference ratios of your actual neighborhood as the seed to determine the preferences of an uninitialized sim. So if your neighborhood is, say, 10% gay, then a random sim will have a 10% gay chance. If your neighborhood seems to be entirely gay, well, then, that's what you get. They will then presumably all go slowly extinct.

FrickinIdjit
Corpulent Cretin

ENTJ

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2009 July 31, 17:53:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AwesomeStoryMode will retain the gender preferences of your sims. Isn't that awesome?
Yes!  It would be extremely awesome if there was some way to tell the game to randomize gender preferences.  And a pony for the furries. Tongue
LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2009 July 31, 19:38:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AwesomeStoryMode will retain the gender preferences of your sims. Isn't that awesome? What's more, it will use the existing preference ratios of your actual neighborhood as the seed to determine the preferences of an uninitialized sim. So if your neighborhood is, say, 10% gay, then a random sim will have a 10% gay chance. If your neighborhood seems to be entirely gay, well, then, that's what you get. They will then presumably all go slowly extinct.

But they won't go extinct thanks to the JMP Same Sex Baby Factory at the Landgraab Science Center!

"For just $29.95 you too can have a genetic child with your same-sex love interest! Coming soon to a Mod near you!"

Edited to add: I'd actually like that for my legacy family - I'm playing a commitment issues centered family (among other issues with them) where almost every sproglet has been conceived at the science center. On the 4th generation and or the roughly 25 kids, about 20 have been from "try from baby in test chamber." It would be great to have a popup "order child with..." for this fambly instead of the current method.
simwit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2009 July 31, 21:20:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Couldn't gay couples simply adopt children? I wouldn't mind that at all. Of course it should be completely optional.
Silverdrake
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: 2009 July 31, 22:30:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know... maybe they all want to be senators or something. That's why they're getting into these sham marriages.
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2009 August 01, 00:21:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if this has to do with either one of these or the mix of them, but has anyone else noticed that custom sims almost never come out into town?  It's almost as if I used the old TwoJeffs Painting (from Sims 2) to block out all custom Sims and allow only Townies...I'm assuming it's one of these mods since I used to see my sims in town prior to using them but I'm just not sure which is doing it. Anyone have a similar experience?
Solmyr
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2009 August 01, 11:18:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Indie does tend to make some weird pairings... in two separate games Holly Alto decided to marry Iqbal Alvi and Geoffrey Landgraab, both elders at the time. I guess she's into older men. I'm sure Nick Alto was pissing blood over that one.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: