More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 11:40:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Corrupted Stuff Stuck in Invetory
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Corrupted Stuff Stuck in Invetory  (Read 14757 times)
Baddmark
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Corrupted Stuff Stuck in Invetory
« Reply #25 on: 2005 November 24, 14:46:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So the whole point of me using an inventory was to move sim-painted portraits and stuff to a new house, and that's one of the things that gets FUBARed when you do? Where's that bloody MaxoidTom? I have a boot/buttock interface solution for him.   Angry
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 November 24, 15:04:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims can get attatched to toilets too, for example if you delete the bed and buy a new one shortly before a sim dies, they will cheer a different object which is usally the toilet in my game.

AHA!!  I *thought* I'd seen evidence that Sims would prefer one toilet over another, but I've been pooh-pooh'd for it repeatedly.  By people whom we all respect and admire.  Not to mention any names, of course. Cheesy
I maintain that this is weapons-grade bolognium. Scanning the terlet code reveals no instance of any sim memory or relational status that sims have with their terlets, unlike with beds. Terlets do not have ownership, and if a sim ghost appears to be cheering at a terlet, it's either because the terlet just happened to be in the area when they cheer, or because sim ghosts like to cheer at random objects. I've had them cheer at a lamp before.

I put a car into a personal inventory of a Sim I was sending off to college and so far haven't had any problems with it.
Was the car owned by any sim, or was it unassigned?

I hate to disagree with the Awesome One, but it's true.  The toilet that gets chosen as the next default cheering object if the bed is sold before death, is the one that the Legacy (I'm a Wuss and loving it!) sim was given immediately on moving onto the the plot.  It can't be coincidence that on at least 2 occasions I've deleted the bed that they ignore every toilet & object in the house in favour of that one toilet.  Perhaps you could play legacy style for a few generations and see it for yourself, you might end up enjoying it  Shocked  Seriously though, something has to be in the code somewhere for them to do that.  Even if it's just to assign the next most used object - is that possible?   What the heck is a Terlet?
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 November 24, 15:16:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate to disagree with the Awesome One, but it's true.  The toilet that gets chosen as the next default cheering object if the bed is sold before death, is the one that the Legacy (I'm a Wuss and loving it!) sim was given immediately on moving onto the the plot.  It can't be coincidence that on at least 2 occasions I've deleted the bed that they ignore every toilet & object in the house in favour of that one toilet.  Perhaps you could play legacy style for a few generations and see it for yourself, you might end up enjoying it  Shocked  Seriously though, something has to be in the code somewhere for them to do that.  Even if it's just to assign the next most used object - is that possible?   What the heck is a Terlet?
a terlet is a toilet. and I hate to disagree with the awesome one as well but it cant be coincidence tthat even in bladder desperation My Sim heads for the same toilet on the third floor even though there are three toilets closer than the third floor toilet he heads for. he wont use any other toilet unless I force him to by deleting his favorite toilet. he was at his sons wedding reception and we all know how sims like their champagne  Grin well needless to say Bladder desperation quickly hit.
    My Sim instead of  heading to the outdoor toilet stalls 10 steps away or down I floor to the basement bathroom. decided he had to run up three flight of stairs to his favorite toilet,only to find it in use. he had a hissy fit and would have  peed his pants if I hadnt quickly turned off free will and ordered him to the closest available toilet.

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 November 24, 15:27:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The moveobjectson seems to have solved the problem of my walkabout tombstones; they are stil in place at Peaceful Dreams Cemetery.  No ill effects at the Powers home which the decedents built and where their offspring live.

It just makes no sense that putting the urns in the inventory for transport to the cemetery should cause problems.  Not everyone wants (or has room for) burial grounds or mausoleums in the backyard, and Maxis failed to include a hearse in the vehicle showroom.

On the other hand, there's lots of things in TS2 that make no sense.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 November 24, 15:29:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure this is the sign that sim has an associated terlet so much as evidence of "The One Terlet". Keep in mind that a thorough search of the terlet code reveals absolutely NO associational factors. Unlike with the bed, sims do not have a relationship to the terlet.

It was mentioned that the terlet in the middle of nowhere was helpfully IN USE. You also mentioned it was in the basement. One thing to note about sim-distance-checking is that it's strictly linear, ignoring the presence of floors or walls. Meaning the terlet directly overhead with the stairs halfway across the house is closer than the terlet 10 spaces away.

There may also be "The One Terlet" effect, sort of like The One Fridge, The One Desk, and various other behaviors which are based on lowest-object-ID. It is most certainly not, however, based on any kind of linkage of a sim to a terlet.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 November 24, 15:31:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It just makes no sense that putting the urns in the inventory for transport to the cemetery should cause problems.  Not everyone wants (or has room for) burial grounds or mausoleums in the backyard, and Maxis failed to include a hearse in the vehicle showroom.
How well do the various urn and tombstone transportation options work, anyway? I heard reports that the tombstone is mangled by being "moved" in any way, and you'll lose the shiny gold ones, and numerous other problems. Is this safe to do, or are tombstones best left unmoved? I distrust this thing immensely.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 November 24, 15:41:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How well do the various urn and tombstone transportation options work, anyway? I heard reports that the tombstone is mangled by being "moved" in any way, and you'll lose the shiny gold ones, and numerous other problems. Is this safe to do, or are tombstones best left unmoved? I distrust this thing immensely.
tombstones move easily,however you do lose the platinum tombstones when they are moved they become plain old gray ones.

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 November 24, 15:45:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really?  What a rip-off.  If I spend all that time making sure my Sim has met their LTW, it's a joke that I would lose it if I move their tombstone to a graveyard.

Stupid Maxis.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 November 24, 16:00:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really?  What a rip-off.  If I spend all that time making sure my Sim has met their LTW, it's a joke that I would lose it if I move their tombstone to a graveyard.

Stupid Maxis.
Yep its true you lose the platinum headstones when they are moved Sad

miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 November 24, 16:29:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't move tombstones through the inventory, but the other way of moving them hasn't changed my platinums to normal.  I've just checked and they are still platinum, and I'm pretty sure they're like that when a sim visits too.  I use the click on tombstone/move to cemetary option - the wordings a little off but you get the idea hopefully.

Terlet = Toilet  Okay I get it now, this is why no-one tells me jokes  Cheesy  The One Desk is something I see but never really understand (sims put homework by that first placed desk and no other), I can live with The One Terlet which makes sense (as best as I can make sense of it).  Does this object ID thing mean that each object placed on a lot gets an ID specific to that exact object and if the same object were placed immediately after then that second object would get a slightly higher ID?  It's hard to ask a question when you have no idea what it is you're trying to ask  Huh  If I put a bed down first, then a fridge and then a toilet would the bed have the lowest ID because it's first or does the order go by type of object?  I hope someone can make sense of what I'm trying to ask here.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 November 24, 19:09:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My scenario was:

Both elders die during a grandchild's birthday party while in gold aspiration at their Pleasantview home.  Family mourns. 

Pleasantview zoning and sanitation laws prohibit burying dead Sims in residential subdivisions so their urns are placed in son's inventory and he drives downtown.

Son takes the urns to Gothier Green Lawns where it takes him a few attempts before he finally gets them placed so the tombstones are side by side. Your regular box-store-made-in-China type (probably plastic) grey tombstones with no chips, dents, or apparent defects.  Properly labeled "Here lies Mica Powers," and "Here lies Angela Powers." He does a bit of mourning and returns home.

I return to Gothier Green Lawns to place some flowers on their graves only to find they are no longer where initially placed, but now are on each side of the phone booth, in the concrete.  Gasp!

Son returns to Gothier Green Lawns, puts the tombstones in his inventory and replants them.  Goes home.

I return to do the flower thing and the damn tombstones are back next to the phone booth so I exit out and build my own downtown cemetery, Pleasant Dreams, next door to Gothier Green Lawns.

Mica Jr. again drives to Gothier Green Lawns, moves the tombstones from the phone booth area into his inventory and drives to Pleasant Dreams, where he picks a nice family plot and places the stones.  Returns home.

The flower girl returns only to find that once again the tombstones are next to the phone booth but this time takes things into her own hands, goes into build mode and using the moveobjectson command, slaps them back into place in the Powers family plot, builds a fence around it (with gate) and covers it all with flowers while muttering evil things about Maxis.

Mica Jr. returns to Peasant Dreams.  All okay.  I remove the fence to see what will happen, exit, then return.  No change.  Tombstones still where they were planted.

I have another set of elders who will probably kick in the next couple of Sims days and will inventory their urns over to Pleasant Dreams just to see if the incident of crawling tombstones is going to be repeated.

miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 November 24, 20:20:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Besides the obvious difference in you using the inventory to move the tombstones, I notice you are sending them Downtown.  I have only transported mine to a custom built cemetary in the Main Neighbourhood.  Personally I'd stay away from the inventory moving option, people are posting about problems with that all the time.  I have no problem at all with the move grave to another lot, save, exit to hood, enter comm lot in build mode, move stones, save exit. 

I have seen the maxis made tombstones crop up on residential lots though, they came from downtown, possibly that big old house with the huge basement.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 November 25, 19:56:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Man and here i didn't know there were problems except in the fact that beds didn't place right guess i'll toss the old and buy new ones.

Beds, Cars and Tombstones, anything else that i should watch out for?  I don't want my neighbourhood to explode in a big fiery ball visible from space.

Oh and platium tombstones DO stay platium i made a massive graveyard lot with a fancy garden for my main family and after i moved them i went to the place and arranged them and they were still platium.
Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2005 November 25, 21:49:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stupid tombstones.  I have moved a couple to the Gothier Green Lawns lot via "move grave" or whatever the command is, saved the game, and they are nowhere to be found.  Not only that, but ALL the tombs that were there have disappeared.  Even the Maxis ones that were already there.  Grr.

Someone sucks more than I do.
http://wytchieone.deviantart.com/gallery
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: