More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 10:30:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Can't marry?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can't marry?  (Read 13042 times)
Grub
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Can't marry?
« on: 2009 July 19, 20:31:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For some reason I can't have a sim marry his love interest. Or get engaged or anything. Is there a bug in awesomemod that might have something to do with this, or have I simply not reached a certain criteria for something?
keirra
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Can't marry?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 19, 20:34:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you asked the sim if she is single? Maybe she is married or has a boyfriend? I use awesomemod and don't have any problems marrying my sims.
Grub
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 19, 20:35:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Asking if single isn't even an option for some bizarre reason.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 19, 20:50:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have that sometimes too. I have one sim right now who asked another one of my sims to breakup with his girlfriend and he did. I can't remember if he was engaged to the girlfriend or not but I know he never actually married her. Anyway, I have moved this sim via ask to move in and she had a kid with him and everything but they can't marry for some reason even though both are now single. Tongue

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
vikitty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 19, 21:45:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe you first need to "Propose to go steady" before you can "Propose marriage."
Grub
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 19, 23:50:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well the current status is "Love Interest"
So what's my next step?
Enelen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 20, 00:02:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you romance/marry your best friend? I had a couple planned and started the usual nonsense of socialization (from strangers), but for some reason I never got past the default 4 interactions in the "romantic" menu. The other sim liked it just fine, and eventually they became best friends, but no chance at even "going steady", or the like. Not even massage, just the default 4 - compliment appearance, personality, flirt, and maybe flirtatious joke (not sure of this one).  I never had problems like this before, I even thought getting partners in this game is a lot easier than TS2, where you had to fight against the dislikes. I tried to romance up another sim some minutes later, and the menu worked the usual way, first the 4 defaults, then I got the other options. Tried the new "best friend" - still no go. Is this a bug or a feature?
Mandapotpie
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 July 20, 00:04:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well the current status is "Love Interest"
So what's my next step?

Yeah it would say boyfriend/girlfriend if you were "going steady" It should be under the romantic menu when you get them worked up enough.

Knowledge is often mistaken for intelligence. This is like mistaking a cup of milk for a cow. If you never fail, you're not trying hard enough.
Grub
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 July 20, 00:10:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I finally figured it out.

I could do a million romantic things like kissing and hugs with the guy, but I never got the option to go steady. Now I've switched to the girl and I can propose going steady. Go figure, right?
then I switch back to the guy, do a few more romantic options, and now I get the option to propose marriage.

Weird bug. Apparently going steady isn't possible as an offer if I play as the guy, but it is as the girl. THEN the guy can propose marriage.
Enelen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 July 20, 00:14:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Weird bug. Apparently going steady isn't possible as an offer if I play as the guy, but it is as the girl. THEN the guy can propose marriage.

Should be a bug, because I mostly play with the guys and they could always "go steady". I'll try switching to the girl tomorrow, I hope it will work for me too... Must go to bed now, it's almost morning  Roll Eyes
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 July 20, 00:41:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I could do a million romantic things like kissing and hugs with the guy, but I never got the option to go steady. Now I've switched to the girl and I can propose going steady. Go figure, right?
then I switch back to the guy, do a few more romantic options, and now I get the option to propose marriage.

He's not "unflirty", is he? I have a couple of those but I haven't tried a romance with one yet. I have noticed that they don't have the standard romance options upon just meeting a Sim like others do. Then again, if they're best friends it's not like they can get to know them much better...
Budgie
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 July 20, 01:23:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He's not "unflirty", is he? I have a couple of those but I haven't tried a romance with one yet. I have noticed that they don't have the standard romance options upon just meeting a Sim like others do. Then again, if they're best friends it's not like they can get to know them much better...
Or maybe commitment issues? I've never played a CI sim myself, but that might be a trait that affects the options.
Grub
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 July 20, 01:46:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He has about 15 traits via awesomemod's "addtrait" command, but nothing that would be keeping him from asking to go steady.
Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 July 20, 10:48:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had that happen two or three times, and at least one time was before using Awesomemod.  It's annoying.  The other sim can make the proposal, but not the first sim.  It's an EA bug for sure.

Since the one that makes the proposal gets to keep the family name, it's important who makes the proposal.  I found one solution was to use ctrl-shift-click to make them no longer going steady, then make them go steady again, THEN propose.

Medusa stared at the two creatures approaching her across the Piazza and, instantly recognizing them as Spanish Gorgons, attempted to stall them by greeting them in their native tongue, "Gorgons, Hola!"
kittie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 July 22, 02:20:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this happen to me just today, extremely frustrating. I spent 2 days having the guy constantly romancing her, they even woohoo'd but still nothing. When I switched to the girl and did the same things then switched back, the option FINALLY came up. This is a huge suck though if you don't control both sims. The girl didn't live with my household so I couldn't control her until I moved her in.
Budgie
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 July 22, 03:40:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if this is related, but my sim has the want to ask her boyfriend to move in, and their relationship is high enough to try for a baby, but they don't have the option to move in together. Is this part of the bug too?
justadream
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 July 22, 07:06:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To get the "Ask to Move In" option in the "Friendly" pie menu, you have to socialize using available options in the "Friendly" menu until you see in the social dialog box in the upper left corner of your screen, "____ thinks ____ is being friendly".  To get an option of any kind of proposal in the "Romantic" menu, you have to socialize using available options in the "Romantic" pie menu until the social dialog box reads "_____ thinks _____ is being extremely irresistible" (at the very least, ".....alluring"). The relationship between two sims does not have to be 100% to "Propose Going Steady" as long as one sim has already confessed his/her attraction for the other and you see a heart under his/her picture in your friend menu.
Enelen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 July 22, 09:03:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you have multiple boyfriends/girlfriends in this game? I can't seem to be able to propose "going steady" when I already have one, but my romantic interactions are borked in strange ways, so maybe it's only me... (should probably check if I accidentally left one or two conflicting romance mods in  Grin)
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 July 22, 10:11:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you have multiple boyfriends/girlfriends in this game? I can't seem to be able to propose "going steady" when I already have one, but my romantic interactions are borked in strange ways, so maybe it's only me... (should probably check if I accidentally left one or two conflicting romance mods in  Grin)

You can have multiple romantic interests, but only one boyfriend/girlfriend at a time.

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: