More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 06:20:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Neighborhood population out of balance or what is happening?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Neighborhood population out of balance or what is happening?  (Read 7276 times)
Cyron
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
Neighborhood population out of balance or what is happening?
« on: 2009 July 19, 13:22:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi,
I'm running awesomMod with "NoOneGetsOutAlive", "NoBusKills" and so on. I have the story mode enabled but all households I play with are "sacred" (about 50% of the population). Aging is turned off. So far for my game config.
Yesterday I played several families in Sunset Valley. About 2 or 3 new familes have been created by the story engine. The size of te savegame exploded about 14Megs in just one day (which is 57.6MB total by now)! I have an idea about that but please don't hurt me if I'm wrong. Could it be that creating and moving in new families while not allowing to move out or kill "unsacred" Sims brings the population out of balance? I don't know, has EA implemented a population balancing system which is not working properly anymore due to awesomeMod?
« Last Edit: 2009 July 19, 19:44:02 by Cyron » Logged

Greetings,
Cyron
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Neighborhood population out of balance or what is happening?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 19, 13:24:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No idea. People keep saying this, but NO ONE EVER SENDS ME THE SAVE FILES.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Cyron
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 19, 14:01:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK I can help you with this.  Smiley
http://cid-0edc7be32144334a.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/%c3%96ffentlich/4Pescado/Sunset%20Valley%20Global.rar

Greetings,
Cyron
Fikcija
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 19, 16:19:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure if it fits under the "population out of balance", but I play with story progression on, aging on and "no one gets out alive", but families keep moving out until after two sim days of playing I'm left with 2-3 families, one of them being the one I'm playing and the other 1-2 the ones my sim happened to meet. So basically I'm left with an almost empty neighborhood and I said it in the buggedness thread but was ignored... Um, save files? I haven't saved actually. I just quit the game, triple-checked my config file, tried again and when it all happened once more I also didn't save. Off to try once more and save this time... Be back with a save file.

EDIT: Ok, false alarm here... I didn't think of deleting cache files and when I did it works properly now.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 19, 23:52:20 by Fikcija » Logged

I know I don't have an evil twin, because I'm the evil one.
lmind
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 20, 14:42:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EDIT: Ok, false alarm here... I didn't think of deleting cache files and when I did it works properly now.

What exactly does deleting the cache files do?  (i.e., per the AwesomeMod instructions, I always delete scriptcache.package before installing or updating AwesomeMod, but I always wondered why)
Cyron
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 20, 19:02:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@J.M.: Filesize of Sunset Valley yesterday: 58MB
Filesize of Sunset Valley today, with the actual version of awesomeMod: 44.2MB
That's an absolute normal value.
You sure have done a great job here, J.M.!  Smiley

Greetings,
Cyron
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 20, 19:40:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What exactly does deleting the cache files do?  (i.e., per the AwesomeMod instructions, I always delete scriptcache.package before installing or updating AwesomeMod, but I always wondered why)
It forces the game to get rid of the old scripts and use the new ones.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: