More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 22:09:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Smelly Undead Traffic Jam Outside Science Facility
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Smelly Undead Traffic Jam Outside Science Facility  (Read 7125 times)
HazelEyes
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Smelly Undead Traffic Jam Outside Science Facility
« on: 2009 July 19, 10:39:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A ghost and several mundanes have been glued in place outside the science facility in one of my Riverviews, for game-days on end. Applying resetSim has had no effect. Context menu provides "introduction" options that are never executed. They smell, and my active gets a bad moodlet when leaving work because of it. It is also delaying another active's Grand Master status, since several ranked chess players are stuck there.

Anyone encounter anything like this? Any viable solutions? Should I bite the bullet and delete them, or should I just ignore them?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Smelly Undead Traffic Jam Outside Science Facility
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 19, 10:43:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Start resetsimming them.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 19, 11:24:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Editing the science facility would definitely expel everyone, yes.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Enelen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 19, 17:44:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While we are at deleting: how do you delete a nee-noo-ing police car that's stuck in front of your house? Policeman not included. I'm not a sex-offender (yet), just an honest criminal on the run Wink
evelyn
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 19, 18:17:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you mean like this?

I thought it was an experiment gone wrong. But yes you can't interact with anyone, and the folks standing around age and die. Should I try to fix it? I kind of like it.
Enelen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 19, 18:18:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With debugging menus enabled (ctrl+shift+click IIRC) go to Object - Reset or Object - Delete.

No interactions available. And cannot select it even with MoveObjects on. As if there was nothing, but road...
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 19, 18:39:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reset them one after one. Run purgereactions (if you have Awesome Mod installed). Editing lot wont help if they are in the street, as street doesn't belong to lot.
ForkInToaster
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 July 19, 19:11:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I very first started the game, I had that happen to Mortimer Goth and Bebe Hart.  Bebe was behaving as your sims are. Mortimer was stuck in a grumpy animation loop. He would age and stink, but he'd aslo constantly act out random grumpy animations, muttering and occaisionally screaming in frustration. 
Mazza
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 July 19, 19:51:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a stuck burglar complete with an endlessly yawping burglar alarm on my bloody legacy lot.

Moveobjects on fixed it eventually but I did go into a bit of a panic.

HazelEyes
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 July 19, 22:28:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Exactly as in Evelyn's screenshot, actually. I'm guessing it's a ghost resurrection gone horribly wrong. Eventually, I did manage to use resetSim on them all. I hope it doesn't recur.
edejan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 July 24, 07:10:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a ghost stuck in front of my science building and everyone who goes there either for work or for classes gets stuck in "mourn" state until I notice and cancel the action.  This has stayed the same during several games, I mean exiting, saving and re entering the next day to play.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 25, 18:15:13 by edejan » Logged
Alorana
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 July 24, 17:56:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With debugging menus enabled (ctrl+shift+click IIRC) go to Object - Reset or Object - Delete.

No interactions available. And cannot select it even with MoveObjects on. As if there was nothing, but road...

I've got the same problem with a stuck police car (after they responded to the burglar alarm).  I've tried everything I knew to get rid of it, even moved that family out and bulldozed the lot.  I'll have to try the debugging mode trick.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: