More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 06:29:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  They just wont die!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: They just wont die!  (Read 5689 times)
Korochuun
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
They just wont die!
« on: 2009 July 19, 02:11:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Moved a big family into the Goth lot earlier today. It was an older file, so Cornelia and Gunther were getting pretty old. Gunther had a day to go and his wife had two. So, I did what any sensible person would and I locked them in a cube for three days. Neither died, though they did complain a lot. Eventually, I started to feel pity for them and let them out. They were starving at this point, and I saw no reason to change that. I let them bathe, sleep and clean the house but whenever they'd start inching towards the kitchen I'd send them right back out.
After a few days of this, I sent them out to that little stone henge imitation and had them stand there for a day. They kept trying to escape, but finally just resigned themselves to chatting. I think they lost hope.
So, the starving moodlet would keep going down, warning me of this "needless death" I'd be incurring on them but as soon as it would hit the end of the timer, it would start again at 8 hours.

Eventually I let them go back to the house. I walked away from the computer for a minute and in that short span of time, Gunther kicked the bucket after peeing himself all over the floor but what's-her-face has lasted another 5 days. She doesn't seem to be dying anytime soon.

I have their lifespan set on 50 days.. so why are they living to 60+ EVEN when starving?

"OH GAWD DARLING, LOOKIT MAH PEE-FACE!"
"Why don't you write a book about it?"
Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: They just wont die!
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 19, 13:49:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yet another EAxis fail. If you ever need to kill an elder easily though just type "testingcheatsenabled true" (without the quote marks) and then shift click on the sim you want to kill and choose trigger age transition. She'll pop her clogs there and then.

tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 19, 13:57:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you Josef Fritzl?  Tongue
Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 19, 14:40:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know who that question was directed at but I think wanting to kill your sims is slightly different to keeping your own daughter prisoner and raping her for over 20 years. Roll Eyes

Enelen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 19, 22:33:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If a Sim who can't temporarily die by starvation has their hunger fall below this value, we assign set it to it.  Example: Preganant Sims and Sims on the world lot. Value: -95.0

Data from Mod Generator. I was searching for something else, just thought you might be interested. I would like to know though who else "can't temporarily die"...
shesim
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 20, 14:49:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As it so happenens, yesterday, I accidently turned all the needs red en before I knew it she dropped dead and there was the reaper already.
Mazza
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 20, 20:52:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can't kill them off by starvation if they have the unlucky trait either. In fact you can't deliberately kill them in any way if they are unlucky.

Oh der ironics!

Orange Indigo
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 July 21, 15:10:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The aging thing is obnoxious like that. Apparently the game thinks its doing us a favor by having elder Sims live long past their expiration date, but I can't say I agree.
I've noticed that most hand-reared Sims live well out into their 100's, for the 90-day life span, or 60's/70's for the 50-day life span. When Sims are only living to 50 elsewhere, it's obviously very frustrating to have the Sims on your home lot living to nearly 1.5 times the life span. As far as I know, it has nothing to do with how well-treated these Sims were, and making them Vegetarians/Marathon Runners doesn't seem to have much effect. I've found they outlive their welcome no matter their traits/hobbies.

Use debug mode to drag their hunger all the way down. I did this to an unwanted boyfriend of a Sim, and he fell to the floor instantly, no countdown. Or, if you want an old age ghost, do what Georgette suggested.

If a Sim who can't temporarily die by starvation has their hunger fall below this value, we assign set it to it.  Example: Preganant Sims and Sims on the world lot. Value: -95.0
Forgive my stupidity. Do you mean to tell me that pregnant Sims cannot starve to death?
Enelen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 July 21, 18:12:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Forgive my stupidity. Do you mean to tell me that pregnant Sims cannot starve to death?

No idea, I just accidentally bumped into this line in the XMLs and I quoted it here (typos and all) because I've seen the topic before. It's certainly in the code. Whether the game uses it, or whether it's used for the things they stated, I cannot tell - I don't seem to have a luck with XML mods, as the things I modify somehow never do what I intended them to do Smiley Maybe the code works for something else, not the examples they put there... or, it might only work for the sims in labor - after all, they can't do anything while "the baby is coming".
Korochuun
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 July 23, 01:24:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, for some gosh-darned reason I completely forgot all ideas of cheats when I was trying to kill them off. Maybe a part of me just likes sticking two people in a room and watching them slowly die..

God. Should I be worried?
Euphemism
Blathering Buffoon

In Soviet Russia, cupcake laughs at YOU!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2009 July 23, 01:46:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nah. Not at all. In my family, we call that "Thanksgiving".
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: