More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 21:40:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Problem with a sim... he is now one of the homeless. Any suggestions?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Problem with a sim... he is now one of the homeless. Any suggestions?  (Read 6599 times)
nythawk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Problem with a sim... he is now one of the homeless. Any suggestions?
« on: 2009 July 19, 01:26:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a family of Sims. The parents split and the mother kicked out the father. I was looking for his new house in town mode but couldn't find him so I used the listhomeless command. He is listed there. How do I:

1. Give him enough $ to move into a house and
2. Force him so move into one

I'd like for the kid sims to be able to visit their father at his own home from time to time. Thanks.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: Problem with a sim... he is now one of the homeless. Any suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 19, 01:51:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's been discussed at length. See here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15885.0.html

However in your case since they are family I think less drastic means are needed and I would just invite them over, ask them to move back in, then this time move them out and don't kick them out.

That's what I ended up doing when I kicked my kids out at first and they ended up homeless.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
nythawk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 19, 02:06:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks. I'm going to try the commands there. If that doesn't work I'll just have him move back in and split the household.
nythawk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 19, 12:33:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Motoki, that link worked like a charm. I followed the directions and was able to give him money and a house. Now my kids can visit their father and he's not a "homeless bum". I don't understand why EA would code something like this in the game. Why not just allow the sim to move into a house with some funds? Not everyone becomes homeless and pennyless when they get kicked out...
Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 19, 13:52:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because some of us like making our sims homeless. And you can move them into somewhere with funds and a proper home by making them move out rather than kick out. Kick out is a nice choice for those of us who enjoy torturing our sims. Cheesy

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 19, 13:55:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't understand why EA would code something like this in the game. Why not just allow the sim to move into a house with some funds? Not everyone becomes homeless and pennyless when they get kicked out...
Because EAxis didn't code that. I did that. *EAxis* randomly gave them a MILLION HOJILLION DOLLARS by moving them into a HUGE MANSION that you couldn't have afforded at ALL, creating a game where it's actually BENEFICIAL to play the kick-out roulette to move yourself into a SUPER house, which you can then sell for megabux and defeat the entire point. I found this to be offensive, so now they can only buy what they can afford, which, on $0, means NOTHING! If you don't want them to be homeless on the street, pick them a house and PAY for it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 19, 14:27:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes but that menu screen is somewhat confusing and not intuitive.

First you left in the default EAxis text that says if kicked out they will be assigned a random house.

Second it shows the selected sim to move out as having 0 simoleans. I initially thought that meant they couldn't afford a house, but actually it's the amount of money they will have once all is said and done and they are moved in after you buy them a house.

It confused me so I thought they weren't able to afford a house and that kick out still assigned them a random one so that is why I initially chose that option based on what I was read in the menu and my interpretation of if. Tongue

Now that I know it's not a big deal, but the screen could have been made a bit more clear on those points. *shrug*

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: