More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:28:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Framework does not work: even without any CC, game fails to load with framework
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Framework does not work: even without any CC, game fails to load with framework  (Read 5112 times)
Minime
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Framework does not work: even without any CC, game fails to load with framework
« on: 2009 July 18, 20:56:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I appologize if this problem was discussed already, and I didn't find it, or if this is in the wrong place. I'm not awesome at all, so I need the help of people that are more awesome than me...

My problem is that I have no way to get CC to work in my game. Whenever I try, I get an error message stating that the application failed to initialize (0xc0000142). I have tried all the voodoo (deleting cache-files, rebooting, reinstalling the framework...)

I thought, maybe it might be something with my files in the mod-folder, so I cleared everything out. However, I still got the same error message.

If I remove the resource.cfg file, the game crashes to the desktop even before the EA logo pops up. If I leave it in and revove the dll that came with the framework, the game freezes imideately at the loading screen.

My PC is running on XP, by the way, and I use Delphy's monkey helper. Also, I don't know if this is important to know, but I cannot run the game from DVD since my drive is broken, so I use daemon-tools and an img pulled from the original DVD. [Somehow, the people over at MTS bitch about me not running the Game from DVD, although I use a (virtual, but not cracked) legal copy of my legal disk which I cannot use due to my broken Disk-drive.]
However, the same error occured at my brothers PC, which runs the game from the DVD on Vista...

I hope, that someone in here can help me, I don't know who could then...

(Also, please excuse my english, I'm not a native speaker. I try my best, though)
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: Framework does not work: even without any CC, game fails to load with framework
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 18, 21:07:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What version of the .Net Framework do you have installed? You should have 3.5. Don't go for an earlier version and don't go for the 4.0 beta preview either.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: Framework does not work: even without any CC, game fails to load with framework
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 18, 21:23:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I inititally made the mistake of having the 4.0 preview release installed and assuming it was retro compatible with all 3.5 and below stuff and I couldn't figure out why my launcher wasn't working. D'OH!!

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 18, 21:27:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why is .NET 3.5 needed?

I only have 1 and 2 and TS3 with mods works fine.

*will eventually get around to updating stuff like .NET*
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 18, 21:31:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why is .NET 3.5 needed?

I only have 1 and 2 and TS3 with mods works fine.

*will eventually get around to updating stuff like .NET*

Does it? I didn't know that. I thought I read 3.5 somewhere or maybe that was just in Delphy's installer program thing. *shrug*

Minime
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 18, 21:40:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have tried updating .Net, however, this has not done anything. And here I was hoping that this was the solution... Undecided

Any other ideas, how this could happen? I don't assume that there is a problem with my game itself, since it runs smoothly and without any problems at all, as long as I don't try mods...
Minime
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 18, 21:52:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well, if it IS the anti-piracycheck, I wonder why it should only give me problems when I try using mods... Normally, I would expect it to jump into action regardless if I run the game vanilla or not...

Anyways, I'm checking now if your tips work (I always start the game directly via the exe, Never used the launcher..)

EDIT: tried, and did not work. Still the same old problem, with AM and without.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 July 18, 21:56:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well the Launcher seems to dump everything into My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Library/ so in theory I would think you could circumvent the launcher by taking any .sims3pack stuff from The Exchange and use Delphy's or JFade's program or one of the others (see here: http://www.simprograms.com/the-sims-3-programs/programs-the-sims-3-package-editors/ ) to extract it to package then dump it in there or even stash it in the mods directory, but I've not tried it.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 July 18, 22:32:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try defragmenting your hard drive.

FYI, I now love Avast. While trying to do a search to see if I could find anything else on that error code, a site I browsed to apparently had a Trojan. The alarm scared the shit out of me, but was much better than getting infected.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Minime
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 July 19, 09:49:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Still no success. I've defragmented my hard drive over night, but there is no change. Still throwing that error at me.
Ailias
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 July 21, 15:51:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sister installed the game yesterday and she installed Delphy monkey helper, but she complained that everytime she tries to open some CC in CAS it freezes mortally. (she has to push reboot button no other way to quit the freezed game)
But she told my that she updated the framework platform by herself, I guess she made it very incorrectly.
Do you agree?
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 July 21, 16:38:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sister installed the game yesterday and she installed Delphy monkey helper, but she complained that everytime she tries to open some CC in CAS it freezes mortally. (she has to push reboot button no other way to quit the freezed game)
But she told my that she updated the framework platform by herself, I guess she made it very incorrectly.
Do you agree?

I don't think the framework should directly effect the CAS in game. Try deleting the CAS thumbnail cache file. Maybe it got corrupted.

Note that doing that will cause the CAS to pause for a while to regenerate the thumbnail pictures but hopefully it should load this time around eventually and not just hang.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: