More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 06:24:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Pudding Plots
| | | |-+  White recolor of town hall(Updated and non-replacement)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: White recolor of town hall(Updated and non-replacement)  (Read 14014 times)
Erry
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
White recolor of town hall(Updated and non-replacement)
« on: 2009 July 18, 20:33:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So basically my friend's made a mod and he can't be assed to upload it, so I did it for him.

Download the .rar, extract the 'CW - White Town Hall.package' file and place it in C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages\

Compatible with AwesomeMod.

ETA Jul 23: Updated

ETA Jul 27: Updated and made a separate object.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 27, 12:44:33 by Erry » Logged

"I go to his page and I see 'Hot Lesbians' as a tab... keep your sex life to yourself, bitch."
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: White default replacement of town hall
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 18, 21:16:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh nice. Looks much nicer. Thanks for uploading.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
friendlyquark
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 22, 16:28:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't mind the glowing, anything is better than the default. Does no one at EAxis have any taste? Wait...why do I even bother asking that?
Erry
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 22, 22:55:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated, at least I hope so, because my friend has tested it, though I don't know if they glow, since the pic wast taken in the morning.

"I go to his page and I see 'Hot Lesbians' as a tab... keep your sex life to yourself, bitch."
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 22, 23:21:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't mind the glowing, anything is better than the default. Does no one at EAxis have any taste? Wait...why do I even bother asking that?

Well, "better" and "taste" are relative terms. If this were a simple recolor, instead of a default replacement, I would download it, but the original brick building looks better in certain neighborhoods. A choice is always better than an imposed restriction, even if you prefer the imposed restriction.

@Annika. I really should just learn not to bother opening a thread when I see that you are the last person to have posted in it. Alas, I am an optimist by nature, and still, even after all evidence has shown otherwise, I dare to hope that one day you'll actually have something of value to add. Silly me.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
Cheencheela
Asinine Airhead

Why even bother reading this?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 22, 23:33:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Annika. I really should just learn not to bother opening a thread when I see that you are the last person to have posted in it. Alas, I am an optimist by nature, and still, even after all evidence has shown otherwise, I dare to hope that one day you'll actually have something of value to add. Silly me.

Might I ask what the difference is between Annika's reply and Motoki's?
Not much.
Roxxy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: White default replacement of town hall(Updated)
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 22, 23:45:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really nice that people are trying these things out in the game, we have come so far in such a short time thanks to all the knowledge sharing etc.

At this point I won't be replacing any defaults until I decide how I want my neighbourhood too look.  I guess I will wait and see and then decide, but thanks for sharing it here though.

A high post count, proves nothing... your behaviour and actions speak much louder.
pantherpirate
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 July 23, 00:17:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know what would be really great? An entirely new town hall object from a custom mesh. I would definetally download it! (Well, as long as it's not like a giant red box with windows or something)
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 July 23, 00:38:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Might I ask what the difference is between Annika's reply and Motoki's?
Not much.

The difference between Motoki and Annika is that Motoki generally posts extremely useful information, while Annika's posts seem limited to "Thanks!" and "Is it fixed yet?" She's been chastised for this before (not by me), yet continues to make meaningless posts that add nothing of value to the threads in which they are posted. It's perhaps a bit more forgivable in this particular thread, since this thread is merely announcing a new download, but in the more technical threads, it gets really fucking annoying. So annoying, in fact, that I can haz instant RAEG when I see one of her posts. Anger management issues on my part? Maybe; maybe not.

pbox
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 July 23, 01:03:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know what would be really great? An entirely new town hall object from a custom mesh.

I believe what would be infinitely more useful would be just a small box with an entrance door -- then we could build the rest of the building ourselves, instead of being limited to a few choices made by others. Goes for the rest of the comm lots, as well.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 July 25, 02:14:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, "better" and "taste" are relative terms. If this were a simple recolor, instead of a default replacement, I would download it, but the original brick building looks better in certain neighborhoods. A choice is always better than an imposed restriction, even if you prefer the imposed restriction.

Well that is a little bit harsh. People are just figuring out modding for this game and it is much easier to do a replacement of something than to deal with cloning a new object and making a new one. We still don't really have robust tools for doing that and EA sure did not give us any tools for really editing, designing and developing neighborhoods.

I wasn't that crazy about the brick so I would rather have something than nothing. Truth be told, I'd say this probably works better in Sunset Bay while the original probably works better in Riverview, but it's still completely a matter of taste.

At any rate, I am glad someone made it and posted it and I use it.

Erry
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: White recolor of town hall(Updated and non-replacement)
« Reply #11 on: 2009 July 27, 12:44:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually updated now, no more glow and it is now a completely new object.

chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 July 27, 22:56:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm very happy that this is now a standalone object. I did like the original; I just didn't want it to be an either/or situation. Problem solved!

nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 July 28, 16:46:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty interested in how this was done, is there a tutorial somewhere? I would like to make my own new meshes for the rabbit holes for different themed hoods, is that possible without graphical glitches even, because I would be removing the entire clock and structure. The particle or light effects could be removed somehow I hope as long as there's no overlay by the client.
Erry
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 July 28, 18:03:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, my friend explained it to me in a sort-of easy-ish way...

He cloned it, opened the package through S3PE/I and extracted the .dds files, opened through photoshop(with the plug-in), then replaced them by 'set-file' and it was recolored, I'm thinking of opening it again and recoloring the curtains to velvet red...

nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 July 28, 23:37:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the cloning does S3PE create a new id automatically (so it doesn't replace anything) or must I do that manually? Thanks I'm going to try it out.
Erry
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 July 29, 01:14:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He cloned it through S3OC by Peter, you can find the tool at sims3tools.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 July 29, 02:06:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the cloning does S3PE create a new id automatically (so it doesn't replace anything) or must I do that manually? Thanks I'm going to try it out.

I'm fairly certain the cloning thingamabob gives your new object a new id automatically, but I guess that's an Inge/Peter Jones question.

http://www.simlogical.com/Sims3ToolsForum/index.php?board=20.0

tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 July 29, 06:32:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible to add 3d buildings from something like google earth?

I would really like to see something like this as a sports centre in TS3.
http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=5598959d360a6e20fe475a95d460f2dd
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 July 29, 06:56:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible to add 3d buildings from something like google earth?

I would really like to see something like this as a sports centre in TS3.
http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=5598959d360a6e20fe475a95d460f2dd

Yeah in theory I think this is possible, I've gotten up to the point of modifying the .dds but I'm having trouble extracting the mesh to milkshape but that's probably my lack of experience in that (need plugins maybe) so I will search more at simlogical for more advice. The only thing is making sure it looks good zooming camera out and that it lines up with everything else.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 July 30, 02:26:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah in theory I think this is possible, I've gotten up to the point of modifying the .dds but I'm having trouble extracting the mesh to milkshape but that's probably my lack of experience in that (need plugins maybe) so I will search more at simlogical for more advice. The only thing is making sure it looks good zooming camera out and that it lines up with everything else.

Nanacake are you just doing a recolor? If so you shouldn't need to mess with Milkshape at all. But if you are editing the mesh or replacing it with the new one then you will definitely need plugins for it. Wes Howe's is the main one. There's some good tutorials over at MTS. Also Simlogical and CustomSims3 are good spots with a people who are really in the know.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: