More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 18:42:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  New peggy hairs. They doesn't replace anything
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New peggy hairs. They doesn't replace anything  (Read 96617 times)
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: New peggy hairs. They doesn't replace anything
« Reply #75 on: 2009 July 20, 18:34:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far none of the townies have used any of the custom hairs, or the ones from the store in my town.  YMMV.

Oh mine do. In fact I just had one townie pop up with that same trampy Peggy pay hair. I'm using the new Indie Stone + Awesomemod combo though so that might have generated her. She must be a new sim because I just put that hair in like yesterday or the day before.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
minidoxigirli
Feckless Fool

ESFP- I'm a speshul snowflake

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2009 July 20, 18:38:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh mine do. In fact I just had one townie pop up with that same trampy Peggy pay hair. I'm using the new Indie Stone + Awesomemod combo though so that might have generated her. She must be a new sim because I just put that hair in like yesterday or the day before.

Seriously?  That does pose a problem, then.

Wait.  There's an Indie Stone/Awesomemod combo?!

My claim to Sims fame?  I was featured as a Sims 2 fan on an MTV show about The Urbz.  I'm badass like that.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2009 July 20, 18:45:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seriously?  That does pose a problem, then.

Wait.  There's an Indie Stone/Awesomemod combo?!

Yup

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15185.msg460376.html#msg460376

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=357180

minidoxigirli
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2009 July 20, 18:49:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ohhh score!  I can finally have my editsim back.  I'm so tired of people showing up to my formal parties in weirdass combinations.

My claim to Sims fame?  I was featured as a Sims 2 fan on an MTV show about The Urbz.  I'm badass like that.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2009 July 20, 18:58:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ohhh score!  I can finally have my editsim back.  I'm so tired of people showing up to my formal parties in weirdass combinations.

Well you could already do that with awesomemod and debug mod enabled then doing control click > sim > Edit in CAS, but yeah Indie has that too.

minidoxigirli
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2009 July 20, 19:33:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well you could already do that with awesomemod and debug mod enabled then doing control click > sim > Edit in CAS, but yeah Indie has that too.

I had IndieStone, but there you can only edit the active sim, not townies.

diskoh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2009 July 21, 01:24:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm just excited I can finally recreate the Debbie Downer skits.
Rockermonkey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2009 July 21, 05:42:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm just excited I can finally recreate the Debbie Downer skits.

You must. haha.
Farsight
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2009 July 21, 14:04:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: wes_h
Little I can do. It's not like I am reaping a profit from selling the plugins to fund a legal department.

You could make all new versions of all your tools refer to her as a poopoohead. Not constructive, but perhaps mildly pleasant to think of her using programs that hate her.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2009 July 21, 14:05:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Writin_Reg
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2009 July 21, 22:20:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

H Wes - don't you have a automatic copyright on your tools, seeing it's a written program before it is a tool? I don't know the laws everywhere, but any written word - even if it's never left your desk, is protected for 75 years under copywrite protection laws - at least in the USA. Once a product is published and it does not matter whether or not you publish it or a publishing company does, you very much have a leg to stand on. If your rules regarding use of your work are not adhered to you can order her to cease and desist any further use of said tool/product. You simply need to confront the "thief" - either an open letter or a personal letter demanding she adhere to your rule of distribution or remove the item that was made using your tool from her site.

Unlike the product itself - which is considered art, the same copyright protections do not apply as her product is not a creation made solely of her own doing and hand, but a creation made possible by the use of other products. This is why it is hard for people to fight anyone supposedly "stealing" their Sims creations, as 1- technically EA already "owns" anything created for a Sim - they purchased ALL rights to actually own it to start with; and secondly because the tool she used to produce the product is also not her own creation  - but it is yours. She actually is the only person in violation of any of the copyright laws. Even if EA never does anything about the "thief", you on the other hand still have your own rights because your tool is not based off of anything belonging to EA.

If it were me I'd be posting in her forum and telling her she violated your rules of distribution of products using your tool and that she must adhere to your rules or stop using your tools.
Plum
Juvenile Jackass

WTF is she on about now?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: 2009 July 21, 23:05:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Writin_Reg, you have not posted anything new. We know Wes has a legal right to his own program. He has stated he has no means to enforce it. What's she going to do if he orders her to cease and desist? She's going to ignore him, that's what.

A few PMBD members posted on her forum last night, stating that she violated Wes's license. Her response? She deleted everything and banned everyone, of course. She didn't ban me, so I PM'd her directly, then she banned me.

She doesn't care, dude.

Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: 2009 July 22, 00:21:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I find really damn amusing is that people are jumping on the Peggy bandwagon crying "Heresy!" because someone took one of her meshes from S2 and converted it for S3 (and it looks horrible).  I roflcoptered lots when someone said that this would "ruin her business".  Oh, the huge manatee!

Too many retards
cum heer n tipe jus liek dis
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

INTP, if you care about that.
Plum
Juvenile Jackass

WTF is she on about now?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: 2009 July 22, 01:27:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I responded to that but Peggy deleted it. >Shocked

I sent those people all a PM though.

wes_h
Knuckleheaded Knob

Lady on Rancho Como

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2009 July 22, 01:56:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the opportunity to think this all over before I decided to license it the way I did. I knew there would be violations, but I have a few ninja skills in the programming department. I can tell the difference between seeming identical meshes from the game and those produced with my plugins. Not spyware, there is nothing related to the user account or CPU, it is a construction method that is unique and subtle.

The meshes she produced and sells have no protection as original works, but her overall compilation, which includes some original artwork, does. I make this claim only for the two recent pay meshes, although her request not to copy the free ones is also invalid, as it is a redistribution restriction on the work product.

Of course, she can switch to Blender, or perhaps the new spyware ad-laden tool. Or she can continue to do what she is doing and perhaps someone else will "liberate" the meshes from their packages. I would bet they will work with some of the stock game textures.

<* Wes *>
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2009 July 22, 03:18:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suggest you go with the HALL OF SHAME method.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2009 July 22, 04:14:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh hell Peggy already has a whole god damned wing devoted to her in the Hall of Shame.

wes_h
Knuckleheaded Knob

Lady on Rancho Como

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2009 July 22, 05:36:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll think about it. Or perhaps y'all can do that, and I will participate as needed.

I don't "shop" much for custom content, spending more of my time researching ways to make it, but I know lots of people here do. Since I don;t look for things, especially on pay sites (I mean, I am not really stupid enough to pay for those kinds of pixels). I know Mr. P can always get my attention even when I don't come around here, which is on an inconsistent basis. So I will not always know without some help, but it doesn't take me long to check on the tool used.

I will admit that some of the thinking of members here, including the head man himself, influenced my licensing idea for the tools. I don't agree with all of the rationale behind some of the activities, but I can wage my war in a manner that I do consider rational and consistent with my own beliefs, and perhaps those objectives are somewhat aligned with others here and at the boogaloo booty site. I think the rationale would be "The enemy of my enemy is my friend".
Plum
Juvenile Jackass

WTF is she on about now?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: 2009 July 22, 20:54:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should add to the license "If your name is Peggy, then by using this tool you agree to pay for my legal fees when I sue yo' bitch ass. Poohead."

Writin_Reg
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2009 July 22, 21:26:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well - I for one support Wes and respect his creation - so I refuse to have any Peggy anything in my game. I did put the free ones in, then turned around and removed them the minute I knew she had used his plug in and went against his wishes. As for her "art" having any worth - I disagree as her art would be nonexistant without the use of Wes's work period.

Plum, I'm sorry i couldn't offer something new. I just assumed maybe Wes wasn't aware that he does have a leg to stand on. I also know it would hardly be prudent to go after her, at this junction, until she has made sufficient monies to stake a claim on. At which point she can be sued and all expense incurred for the suite will rest on her bank account as well if she is found guilty - but those are also laws within the borders of the USA and I am not sure exactly how this works with the internet either. It is also my understanding Peggy is not in the USA anyway, so that further complicate matters. Isn't she Chinese or am I mistaken?

Anyway, I was just trying to help, although I admit the majority of my knowledge is within the realm of the written word and copyright law.
burlesque
Asinine Airhead

I would like to shame you.

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2009 July 22, 21:39:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should see this guys.

http://peggyzone.com/Sims3Disclaimer.html

I cannot make an opinion about this because I don't understand anything.
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2009 July 22, 21:57:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no idea WTF she is even talking about, but this part was pretty amusing to me:

Fifthly, PeggyZone reserves the rights to take any actions that we think necessary and appropriate to the extent permitted by law in response to insult, libel and attack committed by anyone.

What exactly is she planning to do, sue the internet?

I sing along with elevator music.
pantherpirate
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2009 July 22, 22:04:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That hair is so hideous, I can imagine all of my sims barfing upon viewing of it.

I LOVE the new hair on MTS though, especially since they're for males and don't look like a cross dresser or Jon Bon Jovi wannabe.

Although I must admit, if someone were to get rid of the fugly curls at the bottom of that one pay hair, I'd like it, it looks alot like what my aunt's hair looked like in the '70s  Tongue
Writin_Reg
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2009 July 22, 22:23:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I see is a tool with a EA Sims 3 Hair in it that CLEARLy says CLONE - so right there nullifies it being hers "firstly" and "secondly" she admits using a plug in which Maya requires - which is also not her own nor does she state who the plug in belongs to - so how the heck can she call this hers?

It would be the equivalent of me writing a story by using another story and just changing the names, the pictures, and colors of the pictures then signing my name to it.

She fails to get that something is not hers exclusively unless she alone creates all the parts including the original mesh - as a clone of the mesh is not an originally created mesh, it's still a copy to make useable for your own purpose. The only way she could call those hairs hers was to create an original mesh first in Maya, so no plug in is even necessary, or to pay the original creator (EA) for the right to use said mesh to clone, and then finally make her own tool to use the Maya program with her clone.

Legally she has just hung her ownself out to dry as she plainly shows and states that the items used in her designs are not her own. She's blowing smoke and hopes readers are not smart enough to see through it.
Plum
Juvenile Jackass

WTF is she on about now?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: 2009 July 22, 22:58:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unfortunately, a lot of readers aren't smart enough to see through it; it's why she's still in business.

She did address all the issues in that long-ass PM I send her the day before yesterday though, so I feel accomplished.*

*Not that I'm the only one who's been bugging her, but I only speak for myself.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: