More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 03:02:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  New peggy hairs. They doesn't replace anything
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New peggy hairs. They doesn't replace anything  (Read 97036 times)
crunk
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: New peggy hairs. They doesn't replace anything
« Reply #25 on: 2009 July 19, 00:27:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am confused.  She made new hairs that don't replace anything, but the first one she made STILL replaces the female mohawk??  The mind, it fucking boggles.

I'm guessing that in Peggy Land, no one wears mohawks. They also all look like her terrifying models, and chant mindlessly about being down with Peggy-G.  Roll Eyes
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2009 July 19, 00:34:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am well aware that Peggyland is a mighty screwed up place where Peggy never fixes her shit, yes.  Still, considering that she finally figured out how to make them, uh, as properly as a Peggy hair gets (this is not including horrendous gaps and other fuckwittery, obviously), lazy ass couldn't spare a few minutes to fix the first hair?

I know, I know -- shouldn't ask stupid questions when we already know the answer, and I know I'm not the only one who would like to knock some sense into her sparkly head.

Too many retards
cum heer n tipe jus liek dis
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

INTP, if you care about that.
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: Who wants to a beta tester? Peggy releases first non replacing mesh
« Reply #27 on: 2009 July 19, 00:36:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suspect that many of the default hairstyles are simple alpha edits. If you look at where the hair is parted, many of the styles have the same lines - poofy on one side of the part, and flat on the other. Even between short and long styles, there are many similarities.

ETA: I forgot to add that it wouldn't surprise me if Peggy's hairs are just alpha edits of original game hairs, in which case she should especially not be charging for them.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 19, 01:38:44 by chaos » Logged

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2009 July 19, 00:39:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess we should be slightly thankful that someone (even if it was Peggy) figured out custom hairs, and now I'll stick to hoping like hell that Nouk is going to make custom hairs for Sims 3.

Too many retards
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

sumpsychochic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 July 19, 00:40:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone dared into getting the pay hair to see how it works in game?

By the way: Thank you for the link to the files somewhere besides the Peggy site. Her site is horrible.

I   -   S   -  F  -  J
11% 25% 50% 1%
mistyk
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009 July 19, 00:50:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Peggy pay hairs (I had leftover PG from months ago). I haven't tested them yet, need to wait for the spawn to go to bed before I can boot up the game.

Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2009 July 19, 00:57:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks kindly.  Will be booting up the game here shortly, and I'll report back with pictures and whatnot.

Too many retards
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

zolabee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009 July 19, 00:59:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess we should be slightly thankful that someone (even if it was Peggy) figured out custom hairs, and now I'll stick to hoping like hell that Nouk is going to make custom hairs for Sims 3.

Nouk hasn't been seen very often if at all on other sites since shutting her site down and pulling out of WickedNoukFamily.  I wonder if she's moved on to other things.

I admit I'm probably a retard - but I'm only retarded if I stay there - so laugh at me- but, watch your back, because I learn pretty da*n fast!
wes_h
Knuckleheaded Knob

Lady on Rancho Como

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009 July 19, 01:00:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know what issues are making some of the hair display badly. It could be my tools, after all, they are as new as the game.

But I do know that the two donation items were made with my Q-Mesh plugin. While the artwork may be hers, the license terms for my plugins specifically prohibit pay, donation required, or redistribution restrictions on the mesh itself.

No Pay, No Diva.

<* Wes *>
zolabee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009 July 19, 01:08:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Like that has ever mattered to her?  What can you do about it? Complain to EA?  We could boycott her site. *But, I thought we already did that*  Realistically though what would be a good plan?  It's not right, but...

I admit I'm probably a retard - but I'm only retarded if I stay there - so laugh at me- but, watch your back, because I learn pretty da*n fast!
Delphy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2009 July 19, 01:11:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...Except that Peggy wasn't the first one to figure it out. Smiley  I posted up a flowchart I did a week a week and a half ago, and there is a thread on MTS with screenshots of new non-replacement custom hair from days ago.

As I posted on MTS, she's done it *extremely* amatuerishly, too.  Just the basics, to get it to show in game but she's left a whole heap of linkages back to the store hair still.

Quote from: Posted on MTS
Upon examination of her free files available, I can see that she's basically modified one of the Store .package files (and in a bad way at that).  She's done the absolute minimum needed to make it appear in game.

Problems include:
- Texture Compositors still point to the pre-existing Store content
- Proxy resources for anything except the primary proxy still point to the pre-existing Store content (which is why it doesn't work on anything except normal Sims)

She's basically just gone in with a hex editor and changed group ids from, for example, 0x00AE6C67  to 0x01AE6C67, and so on.  It's extremely amatuerish .... but I guess it gets the job done.

The main problem I can see is that the way a lot of these linkages are setup they will not work properly without having the Store hair installed in your game

Here in the free community, we like to get things right and not have store references littering the package files.  Which is why hairs made using my hair creator are totally completely independant from anything else.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 19, 01:18:04 by Delphy » Logged
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 2009 July 19, 01:31:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, Delphy, I had a pretty good hunch that someone else had already figured it out for her because she's not that clever (which is why I put "someone"); I just had no idea who came up with the know-how.

Too many retards
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

zolabee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2009 July 19, 01:37:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It had to be someone who knew what they are doing.  The two obvious choices?  Pescado or Delphy.  But Pescado has been working with AM so heavily that it would be hard for him to take time away from that right now anyway, it seems.  And Delphy seems to be working on other aspects.  So, go Delphy!  It's just a shame that when you figure it out there is even some one  like lousy Chinese Peggy that will be glad to "borrow" your work. 

Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2009 July 19, 01:44:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, so far, Peggy's hairs are making the mod compatibility checker put out by the Indie Stone people violently upchuck.

Too many retards
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2009 July 19, 01:59:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A couple of those Sim models are fucking scary.... Lips sealed A couple of the hairstyles too.... Cheesy
asciident
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2009 July 19, 01:59:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nouk hasn't been seen very often if at all on other sites since shutting her site down and pulling out of WickedNoukFamily.  I wonder if she's moved on to other things.

HP has said on the MTS boards that she has permission from Nouk to convert her meshes to TS3 when the capability is there to not replace default hairs. So...I guess any time now?

asciident / realrobotica
Delphy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2009 July 19, 02:01:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the thing is... the way she's done it can easily be done with a hex editor and by reading some threads on MTS - especially the ones fairly recently regarding new non-replacement meshes.  It's done *so* badly (and the fact that only the main VPXY is modified) that I suspect this is the way she did it.

Considering that all she's done is replace a bunch of 00 to 01, it's really not that hard.  I most certainly didn't help her with any of this, and I suspect Pescado knows next to nothing about hair files. Smiley
jriggs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2009 July 19, 02:17:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, did she still use Wes's tool?  I know nothing about any of this but would like to understand.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: 2009 July 19, 02:20:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's some screenshots with the two pay hairs from CAS with an EAxis sim (an adoptable child one who grew into a teen recently). Please pardon the darkness as these were shot with the in-game camera; I really need to download a screen-grabbing program (because screen-grabbing with shitty Windows is even darker).

There don't seem to be any noticeable problems (other than hair that's so stiff, almost like it's seen a full can of Aquanet), and it doesn't look so terrible on a regular looking sim and not Peggy's models.

And without the hairband:

ETA:  Now with Clickable Thumbnail Power Because They're Goddamn Huge!
« Last Edit: 2009 July 19, 02:27:29 by Zaphod Beeblebrox » Logged

Too many retards
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

Delphy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2009 July 19, 02:44:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zaphod, that dark screenshots issue happens only in full screen mode.  Windowed mode doesn't suffer from the same issue. Smiley

jriggs: Yes, she used Q-Mesh, ie Wes' tool. 
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: 2009 July 19, 03:07:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know.  However, windowed mode and my computer hate each other (and have since S2) for some unknown reason, quite opposite of the problems others have.  Frozen computer and then CTD occur, and it isn't something I like, so I choose to stay in full screen until I figure it out.

Quote from: TashaFaun
I like the hairband but I think the hair itself is pretty hideous.

It's all right.  It looks slightly better than a lot of her previous offerings for S2 and S3.  The true test of how it looks will be in gameplay, itself, instead of CAS.  I'll get around to that in a minute.  I had to up the brightness of my monitor because I switched from a 32" LCD monitor to a 17" CRT (bleh, the difference in brightness is staggering), and I was working on a personal core mod.

Too many retards
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2009 July 19, 03:41:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HP has said on the MTS boards that she has permission from Nouk to convert her meshes to TS3 when the capability is there to not replace default hairs. So...I guess any time now?

That's wonderful.  I hope it happens soon.  Of all the custom content I had for Sims 2, I think Nouk's hair is what I miss most!

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
Roxxy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2009 July 19, 04:08:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Look on the plus side: even if this hair sucks, at least it is custom, non-replacable hair. That means that hopefully we'll see some good custom hair soon by others Smiley

Exactly what I was thinking.  It's an exciting step towards some wonderful hair for males and females.  Some of our existing favourites might be able to be converted as well as new creations and better still with some level of animation.

Edited to add;  I agree totally that it's no thanks to her, the work put into it by Peggy was minimal and output reflects that.  The thanks for any wonderful new hairstyles goes towards those that create and share the knowledge and tools, freely.   
« Last Edit: 2009 July 19, 04:25:11 by Roxxy » Logged

A high post count, proves nothing... your behaviour and actions speak much louder.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2009 July 19, 04:11:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Exactly what I was thinking.  It's an exciting step towards some wonderful hair for males and females.  Some of our existing favourites might be able to be converted as well as new creations and better still with some level of animation.

Yeah but she did a half assed job using other people's research, discoveries, methods and tools and rushed it out the door to get her TS3 pay business started out meanwhile people the people who are doing all the real work and actually care about making custom content that is created properly and tested thoroughly are still ironing out the kinks. Oh and she also violated the terms of use of the tool she used to create them by the way.

They are getting closer to getting more new hair out there but it is no thanks to Peggy.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 19, 04:16:38 by Motoki » Logged

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2009 July 19, 04:14:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Considering that all she's done is replace a bunch of 00 to 01, it's really not that hard.  I most certainly didn't help her with any of this, and I suspect Pescado knows next to nothing about hair files. Smiley
Yeah, I don't know much about hair files. Or, for that matter, hair. Tongue

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: