More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:51:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Can i compress the DCCache folder contents
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can i compress the DCCache folder contents  (Read 4224 times)
verucatopanga
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Can i compress the DCCache folder contents
« on: 2009 August 09, 05:59:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi my game is starting to lag and i have went through my monkey program folders and removed things that show up as high in numbers on the compressor after i compressed them . I have also compressed the Dccbackup folder and searching on this site i found out that that was a useless endeaver. But what i want to know would it help to compress the DCCache folder. What got me was my game was fine on aug3 when i put some stuff in it. It didnt lag or anything then when i put stuff in it on the sixth it started to lag on me. I have things in my game that look huge like stuff that reads on the compressor as 900 to above and thier not hair or meshes. Im not sure if that is a high number or not but it seems alot higher then other things i have in game. I use the monkey package installer at mod the sims and the launcher for things the monkey cant do. So im trying to do anything i can to get the lag out of my game. Since all i have in it is clothes and patterns mostly and only one hair so far
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Can i compress the DCCache folder contents
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 09, 06:56:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
BioHazard
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Can i compress the DCCache folder contents
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 09, 08:27:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then, how about merging contents of "Program Files/The Sims 3/Mods/Packages" folder into DCCache cache?
Many CC and EA Exchange or EA store stuffs which are installed as Sims3pack format are cached in cache file in DCCache folder (dcdb?.dbc)
But some other mod files and CC's are distributed as raw package file and installed into Mods/Packages . This include many hack mods like Awesome mod, custom objects, custom CAS parts in package format etc. As I continue to accumulate many mods and CC in package format, my Mods/Packages/* become larger and larger and it takes longer and longer time to load.

So how about merge individual small package files installed in  Mods/Packages/ folder into single cache file the DCCache folder (dcdb?.dbc) or separete single package file as cache in Mods/Packages/ folder and remove/move the original files from Mods/Packages/ folder? Will it work and will it speed up loading time of Mods/Packages/ contents?

Is there any tools that merges multiple packages files from multiple folders and its sub-folders recursively to single package file and/or merge it into existing package file? Can it resolve collision of TGI instance id and report collisions to log file?
« Last Edit: 2009 August 09, 08:41:57 by BioHazard » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: