More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 12:38:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Bugged pond on home lot
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bugged pond on home lot  (Read 4210 times)
specialsauce
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Bugged pond on home lot
« on: 2009 August 04, 10:45:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been playing for at least a week or two with a fully stocked pond on my home lot.  Now it is bugged or something.  The "wheel" icon will show but when clicked will not give option to inspect or to fish.  Randomly my sim walks out to fish then the queue disappears and he experiences a slight "jump".  The same type thing happens to the other sims on the lot when I send them to fish (he is the only one who tries on his own).  I have no mods/hacks/custom content and haven't altered the terrain or added decorations/bushes/trees that could be blocking it.  It was fine one day and the next started doing this.  I searched and found other people who had problems when setting up a new pond but haven't seen any information on a pond that was working fine then went wrong.  Any suggestions?

CheritaChen
Corpulent Cretin

INFP

View Profile
Re: Bugged pond on home lot
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 04, 13:17:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like a random corruption, if you really haven't changed anything. If others have suggestions which all fail to work, I'd say run the bulldozer over the pond area and rebuild. Instead of restocking yourself, use the fish spawners from MTS. Unless, of course, that was what you did the first time and it somehow was the source of the problem. In that case, I guess you'll have to move the pond and see if that works.
specialsauce
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 04, 23:04:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for your suggestion.  I guess I was just hoping for a magical *click..hit button...fix pond*.  It appeals to the lazy part of my nature much better than actually having to do something. Wink
specialsauce
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 05, 02:31:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

UPDATE:  I bulldozed the pond and rebuilt it.  The gear appears for all sims on the lot but will only give option to fish to six out of eight, it gives no options to the other two sims (oddly enough, they are the two with maxed fishing skill).  As for the ones with the fish option, it does the same lose queue, jump, as before.  Since this is my legacy style lot and I'm into the fifth generation I hate to just give this up and move out.  Any suggestions or things to try would be greatly appreciated.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 August 06, 12:37:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have this problem on several lots.  One is a copy the fish hatchery moved from Riverview to the other hood (whatever it's called).  The other is a residential lot I built myself, which has also been packaged and re-placed.
I've leveled ground on the home lot and re-ponded it, but the problem still remains.  The hatchery I buldozed and re-placed an is working now.
High-fishing skill sims get no options at all.  Lower fishing skill sims get the options, but then throw "unexpected object reset" and drop their queue.

I'm guessing this is related to the "Stocked ponds are properly preserved when shared." fix in the latest patch.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
specialsauce
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 August 06, 14:41:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game is still straight vanilla, vanilla gameplay (fish were added only by fishing/stock pond) since getting it. BUT after asking my husband he said that he did install the patch (I was under the assumption that is was still patchless, I'm lazy that way).  I figure that the next time I played after the patch install was when the pond stopped working correctly so it does seem patch related.  Annoying after spending all that time fishing to make my pond fully stocked...gah!
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 August 07, 09:33:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure my problems started before the patch and the patch was supposed to fix it...  The patch is doing something to fish in ponds, but Glod knows what.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 07, 09:49:07 by Gwill » Logged

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: