More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 20:46:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Slacker Babysitters
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Slacker Babysitters  (Read 20895 times)
Silverdrake
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
Slacker Babysitters
« on: 2009 July 18, 17:42:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know whether my computer is not up to the task, or if the babysitters are programmed to stand in front of the crib and ignore the baby while it screams in distress? The nannies in TS2 were hilariously horrible, but at least they'd occasionally change a diaper or feed the kid. If I send my sim home early to fire the babysitter, I immediately get the message that the babysitter is done for the day and takes 75 simoleons, grrr! So they do NOTHING, and can't be fired. Is it supposed to be this way? Punishment for going out while you have a larva?
Silverdrake
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
Re: Slacker Babysitters
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 18, 17:49:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed that all the maids are kleptos! The joke's on us.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 18, 18:12:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah they are pretty bad. I miss my nannies dammit!

That being said, besides modding the babysitters to elders and throwing them in the CAS to look the part, I also cheat their damned traits. No slobs or keptos!

By default, it seems, they are attracted to various 'fun' things around the house and will do inappropriate things instead of constantly working. I think this is the 'feature' EA brags about on the load screen that 'Not all sims work hard for their pay, keep an eye on those you hire!' etc.  Roll Eyes Except it's not just certain ones but all of them that are like that.

The thing that gets me though it how ineffective they are. Even if you XML tune them to just work and remove negative traits via debug commands, they still just stand there staring at the crib half the time, or will complain about the kid screaming (hello, that's your JOB!) or will leave them tired or stinky in a high chair where they throw an absolute fit!

We really need an effective babysitter/nanny mod.  Undecided

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Silverdrake
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 18, 18:14:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never thought I would miss the TS2 nannies so much  Sad
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 18, 19:22:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never thought I would miss the TS2 nannies so much  Sad

Oh my babysitters look like them now thanks to Userunknown's mod + Edit in CAS + my tinkering around with the design tool on some clothing.

I just need to get them to work better now, that's the hard part. I don't even care if they pee all the damned time as long as they actually take care of the damned kids!

Kerryee
Blathering Buffoon

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 18, 19:36:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know exactly what you mean; I had twins toddlers, both parents had to work, hired a sitter.  The sitter did well until the sprogs social's got too low, and then went batshit.  Both kids started crying, the babysitter, and then the maid too, went to stand right in front of them, and just look at them.  They stared until Dad got home from work an hour later, then both took off.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 18, 22:20:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought maybe it was my twins those mornons couldn't handle, but it seems some of you are having problems with single babies as well.  I seriously started panicking (while also utterly irate) when the useless "babysitter" stood OUTSIDE next to a pile of garbage that the babysitter herself had made picking her nose or whatever that idle animation is while my babies screamed to high heaven in Hunger, Hygene, and Social desperation.  Had to rush both mom and dad back (you know, because of twins; didn't want either of them starving right to death!) and of course, she's all like, "Well, looks like I'm done here; thanks for the cash" and runs off before I can even scream at her.  You know what?  If that were real life, not only would I absolutely refuse to pay her but I think I'd freaking call the cops.  Or I might ring her useless neck.  Not that I believe I'd ever actually hire anyone that evil in real life to take care of my kids, but it's not like the sims have any choice; you just get whoever the service sends your way.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 July 19, 00:16:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had a couple babysitters just stand out in front of the house and do nothing while the kid played and their motives went into the red, while some others wouldn't leave the kid alone and kept getting them up to watch TV with them. I'm pretty sure they're not supposed to stand in one place outside the whole time (I observed this in my sister's unmodded game too) but otherwise it does seem to be luck of the draw in regards to traits. The best one I had was Family-Oriented and also a Slob, but I accidentally aged him up after moving him in, so now he lives in town and will probably make good marriage fodder... I kinda miss him as a babysitter, though.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 July 19, 01:54:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought maybe it was my twins those mornons couldn't handle, but it seems some of you are having problems with single babies as well.

No, it's not just you and it's not just with twins. They are just incompetent. Even more than the TS2 nannies and that is saying something!

kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 July 19, 05:16:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've only ever had babysitters like SwiftGold's had - standing on the porch idly waiting for me to return. Annoying, particularly when I was going for a 5 kids LTW.

INFP or something
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 July 19, 05:20:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Somehow, I don't think it matters. They probably function with the same magic-warding effect that TS2 nannies have. Also, they're probably going into low-detail mode and shutting down.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 July 19, 05:27:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This occured while watching the house (since my adult sims were both down rabbit holes and thus boring); by the time one of my sims got home to tend to them, the babies were rather in dire straits.

INFP or something
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 July 19, 05:29:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, but that's no guarantee of anything. The autonomy likes to shutdown whenever it doesn't matter anymore. Also, Kuronues suck.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
astraled
Asinine Airhead

Minty Fresh!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 July 19, 06:57:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The social worker will come if a babysitter is on the lot.  I threw 7 toddlers on an empty lot, had the adult call the babysitter, then kept the adult away for a couple of days.  The babysitter stopped caring for the kids after the first two or three started crying. Every morning, I got a pop-up saying the babysitter needed to leave, but he never did.  Social services came after 3 days, I think.

Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 July 19, 12:20:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had a couple babysitters just stand out in front of the house and do nothing while the kid played and their motives went into the red... [snip]

I had this problem in one of my households, and it was because the front door hadn't been set. Once I set the front door, the babysitter was able to come inside the house. He still didn't do a stellar job of taking care of the baby, though, and I had to drag motives up.

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
CheritaChen
Corpulent Cretin

INFP

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 July 19, 16:21:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my short (so far) experience with babysitters, I've found Christopher Robins to be the most attentive. The next time my Sims are both out and a babysitter slacks to the point of both kids wailing their little heads off, I'm going to try having one of the parents remotely click and select to "Fire" the useless bugger. Otherwise, they get no recourse, and how do they know this bogus service isn't going to send the same fuckup in the future?
Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 July 19, 18:12:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember how mad I was when my sim left for 2 hours and came back to find the sitter still on the front porch with the kid screaming inside.  Typical Roll Eyes  What ticked me off was that I still had to pay 75$, same as I would for a full day service.  What the hell?  Shouldn't wages be hourly like in TS2?  I understand repair services and such for a fixed price, but with sitters, it makes no damn sense! He didn't even go inside!

virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 July 24, 18:04:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We definitly need a new nanny lobotomy type thingy. Also something that make the darn maids actually clean. I rather have the TS2 way where they were paid per hour and didn't leave till everything was neat.

I've had the same problems you're mentioning and all in the same household. The stupid babysitter would stay outside till I came home and then leave with my money on top of it. The baby stuck int he chair? Check? The standing and watching while motives go down? Check?

Didn't EA brag about how the new AI is so much better? It seems to be worse for most of the npc's.

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
FrickinIdjit
Corpulent Cretin

ENTJ

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 July 24, 23:30:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even worse, my sim with all the charisma challenge perks doesn't have the option to "Fire" a maid or babysitter.  I guess it's because they're automagically friends as soon as they step foot on the lot...?
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 July 25, 00:22:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sim have all the charisma pts. and the perks, did have a friendship with the babysitter. She also had the ability to fire her. My sim's boyfriend was visiting her and their spawn, so she called for the babysitter before she left for work. ( I had no idea if he would stay or not) The boyfriend stayed and took care of his kid, but the babysitter was always interrupting him and he would put the baby down before doing whatever care he was about to do. That babysitter got on my nerves.

When my sim returned home, somehow the babysitter didn't leave and she was fired on the spot. This is what happened after that:

I sort of felt bad.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
FrickinIdjit
Corpulent Cretin

ENTJ

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 July 25, 00:27:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is that the babysitter sobbing? Cheesy Serves her ass right, for interfering in baby care.
BrokenRobot
Dimwitted Dunce

sekrit Republican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2009 July 25, 03:58:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only one I've had was named Wayne.  He had long hair, a biker jacket, and pajama pants, but he actually did a great job looking after the two babies and two toddlers.  He just went from crib to crib doing exactly what each kid needed him to do, then went around and tidied up the house until the parents got home.  I thought EA had actually managed to make functional nannies, but I guess it was a fluke.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 July 25, 04:01:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I want Wayne to come to my sims houses then dammit!

I'd almost think they made a some generate useful and some generate useless just for the lulz, but I think that would be too complex for them to both doing. Tongue

brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 July 25, 04:09:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, the blond haired is the babysitter.  Cheesy

I have one teen that actually tidy up and do things with the kid. That Davy kid is totally worthless, and will only do something if I zoom to the house and look at him. Then he will belch and fart. Sigh.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
Euphemism
Blathering Buffoon

In Soviet Russia, cupcake laughs at YOU!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2009 July 25, 04:28:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never thought I would miss the TS2 nannies so much  Sad

Oh my babysitters look like them now thanks to Userunknown's mod + Edit in CAS + my tinkering around with the design tool on some clothing.

[snip]

I just need to get them to work better now, that's the hard part. I don't even care if they pee all the damned time as long as they actually take care of the damned kids!

Holy crap, those are amazing. It looks much better than anything I could attempt. Would you happen to be willing to upload them somewhere, pretty pretty please?
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: