More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 19:59:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  TS2-Aging -> earning very much money???
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TS2-Aging -> earning very much money???  (Read 9762 times)
cheerlotte
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
TS2-Aging -> earning very much money???
« on: 2009 July 18, 17:33:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a bizarre problem.  Huh My Sims have too much money! I installed the awesomemod and enabled many functions, also the TS2-aging. I made three of my families "sacred", but if I play one of them, the other earn money! Every day! So one family had 357$ as I started playing in another family and now they have 75.000$. I don't like playing with cheats and not "working" for the money, but I also don't want to have in every family a "good" Sim who is able to spend money. Is there an option to stop this which I did not find?
I hope for answers Smiley
Thanks

(sorry for opening a new thread, but I didnot find anything similar to this, and sorry for my really worse english... *ashamed* Embarrassed)
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
Re: TS2-Aging -> earning very much money???
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 18, 17:43:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It really isn't cheating if they are earning the money.  The same thing happens when you extend their lives- they naturally make more money.  If  every sim could give to charity and it could be any amount- then you could dispose of excess cash.  Maybe there is a hack that does that- or maybe request one.
cheerlotte
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 18, 17:55:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It isn't normal that they earn money while I'm not playing with them, is it?
I had the indie mod two (not both at the same time), but I had the same problem with it, so I reinstalled the awesomemod.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 18, 18:15:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I pretty much have always had the Awesome mod,so I only know that they earn money with it.  I would think it would be normal because it is suppose to be a thriving hood.  It wouldn't be fair to go to work and not be paid.  They actually go and get promoted.  It would be horrible if you finally got to a certain house and they didn't have any money and the sim was already at the top of their career and they don't  have another chance for a bonus.
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 18, 18:46:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With story progression on, it is normal for your sims to go to work.  Even with story progression turned off, your sims will go to work and make money (or miss work and be penalized).  EA really didn't do a good job with Story Progression.

Unfortunately, there is no way that I know of to make TS3 behave like TS2 (don't touch sims that are not actively being played).

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
cheerlotte
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 18, 19:25:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will now use the "testingcheatenabled" (I don't know the name in english) and than I will change the money with familyfunds. I think this is the best way for me...
pbox
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 18, 20:13:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you checked whether or not you can tune the wages of the various carreers? My own sim make money with fishing and farming, and I've tuned pretty much everything regarding that, including what fish and produce will be worth when you sell it (so now they earn a lot less than they would in a default game). I never looked for anything career-related, but I would be quite surprised if the wages were not listed somewhere.
Heinel
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2009 July 18, 20:38:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure that is not what OP is looking for.  He's just pissed because he wanted to play the game like TS2 - with inactive families completely frozen.  He'll most likely want some normal wages and stuff when he switch to those families.
Billmonaghan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2010 June 12, 14:09:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will now use the "testingcheatenabled" (I don't know the name in english) and than I will change the money with familyfunds. I think this is the best way for me...

That's why I do. Write down how much money a household has and then use the family funds cheat to delete the extra money when I go to play them again.

Also watch collectible items: Fisherman I've noticed will have dozens of fish after a few Sim weeks of "inactivitiy".

You also wanna watch it with families that earn royalties for books. They'll get their royalties every Sunday while inactive. I figure out how much royalties a family should earn while inactive and add that to their family funds balance so I don't rob them of their royalties.

"Ah yes, we were in the HimALLyas, had lost our corkscrew. Had to subsist for several days on nothing but water and food."
 --  W. C. Fields
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 June 12, 18:46:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With story progression on, it is normal for your sims to go to work.  Even with story progression turned off, your sims will go to work and make money (or miss work and be penalized).  EA really didn't do a good job with Story Progression.

Unfortunately, there is no way that I know of to make TS3 behave like TS2 (don't touch sims that are not actively being played).
I can look into making things more TS2-like, so that you can focus on one fambly without others accumulating things, but honestly? I kinda like it that way. Daily fambly life in TS2 was really utterly mundane, so they essentially went through the same boring grind every day unless I took intentional action to break them out of it by exploiting the game mechanics. TS3 + SC lets you just stick them on autopilot and watch something else.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 June 12, 19:22:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They earn money, they pay bills. It works both ways. The OP might have the billing function disabled.

More F than you
smokeverbs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 June 13, 01:31:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

DNW. If you want to play TS2, then play TS2.
Billmonaghan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2010 August 03, 16:02:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a bizarre problem.  Huh My Sims have too much money! I installed the awesomemod and enabled many functions, also the TS2-aging. I made three of my families "sacred", but if I play one of them, the other earn money! Every day! So one family had 357$ as I started playing in another family and now they have 75.000$. I don't like playing with cheats and not "working" for the money, but I also don't want to have in every family a "good" Sim who is able to spend money. Is there an option to stop this which I did not find?
I hope for answers Smiley
Thanks

(sorry for opening a new thread, but I didnot find anything similar to this, and sorry for my really worse english... *ashamed* Embarrassed)

I keep notes on how much funds a family has when I'm done playing them. If members of the household are earning royalties, I calculate how much they should have after six weeks and add that to the total (I  never return to a Sim household in less than six sim weeks). I add that to their total cash.

When I go back to play them, I use the family funds cheat to delete the cash.

I've also noticed that Sims who fish will have dozens of fish in their inventories when I get back to playing them. Haven't decided if I'm going to try controlling that too.

"Ah yes, we were in the HimALLyas, had lost our corkscrew. Had to subsist for several days on nothing but water and food."
 --  W. C. Fields
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: