More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:17:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Download Links: cool stuff found on other sites
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Download Links: cool stuff found on other sites  (Read 124205 times)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: Downloaded Sims3 Skins With Links
« Reply #25 on: 2009 July 19, 11:46:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah yes, the concentration camp look.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
simsdesperado
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 July 19, 14:01:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use Falcoknight's skins and I like that they look OK on both slim and fat ladies, without unnecessary details. For the males I can go with the shaved look untill there's better choice. I would love if someone just added nipples, pubes and body hair to maxis skins.
Cmar
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 July 19, 14:38:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use HP's skins - closest to Maxis with some real improvements and of course the anatomical details. For those who don't like the shine - you don't have to use her added shine files. Personally I prefer natural-looking pubic hair for the women, light body hair for men, and don't like the painted-on six-pack look.

I would love if someone just added nipples, pubes and body hair to maxis skins.

Not a bad idea. Hm.
Auddie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 July 19, 15:58:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use ASE's male faces and bodies, as well as their female faces. They look pretty nice in my game, the lips look good especially. They're still yet to release the female body, so I'm forced to pair them with Peggy. Hers are too light though, and don't really match. I'd recommend the ASE's male bodies especially because they're not too muscular and slightly toned, pretty realistic. I guess it's all up to your tastes, though.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 July 19, 16:26:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use ASE's male faces and bodies, as well as their female faces. They look pretty nice in my game, the lips look good especially. They're still yet to release the female body, so I'm forced to pair them with Peggy. Hers are too light though, and don't really match. I'd recommend the ASE's male bodies especially because they're not too muscular and slightly toned, pretty realistic. I guess it's all up to your tastes, though.

Good god those Asian sim pages are painful to navigate. That one looks like a bad myspace page. It took me a minute or two to figure out where the actual download was.

The problem I have with those skins is the same I have with most. It's too glossy/wet/shiny and the texture includes lighting which gives it a flat, picture pasted on top of a body look. The game itself applies lighting which is dynamic, not only is it not necessary to add lighting to your textures, it's not desirable to do so since the lighting on the texture will be static and always come from the same angle no matter what giving the object a very flat appearance.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Auddie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009 July 19, 16:37:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Indeed about the poor layouts. The whole site used to freeze my computer just from loading. I agree about the overly shiny bodies and I'm having that problem with nearly every skin I've tried so far. Still, I'm keeping them around to match the faces for now until I find something more neutral.
Nepheris
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009 July 19, 16:42:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aikea Guinea has made a tutorial on how to make your own default replacement skins. My photoshop won't play nice with the Nvidia DSS plugins, but maybe useful if someone else wants to just add the bits and bobs to the EAxis skintones.

Tutorial Here
Vampster
Asinine Airhead

My Bite Is Your Delight

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009 July 19, 16:55:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use Falcoknight's skins and I like that they look OK on both slim and fat ladies, without unnecessary details. For the males I can go with the shaved look untill there's better choice. I would love if someone just added nipples, pubes and body hair to maxis skins.
Adding a link now for "Real Nipple Addon" Smiley
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009 July 19, 17:19:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Adding a link now for "Real Nipple Addon" Smiley

Hmm, I think I will use that since it's basically just the defaults but without the creepy nipple-less plastic Barbieism.

Not sure how I feel about those penises though. The coloring in those pictures looks a bit off. I don't want something that looks like a detatchable penis.  Cheesy

Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
Re: Download Links: Sims 3 Skins & Addons (Update 20/7)
« Reply #34 on: 2009 July 19, 19:22:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry, but, truthfully, they ALL look awful.  It's just that some are better than others, which is somewhat like saying some turds smell better than some other turds.  I give full credit to the hard work everybody's doing to try to improve things.  We just aren't there yet.

I really think what we need most of all is not new default skins, but a new default lighting mod.  Any good work on skin and face replacements are wasted without it.

Medusa stared at the two creatures approaching her across the Piazza and, instantly recognizing them as Spanish Gorgons, attempted to stall them by greeting them in their native tongue, "Gorgons, Hola!"
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2009 July 19, 21:02:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Been playing with the Aikea skins since last night and I do really like them. The backs are bad. There's not enough shade gradation and the shadows are too dark, in any light. However, my sims keep their clothes on except in the shower, so it's not something I see much of. For now, they are much better than the EAxis one.

Ditto on the lighting issues. That's the bigger problem.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Plum
Juvenile Jackass

WTF is she on about now?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 2009 July 19, 23:12:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You saw body hair as an accessory? I'll have to look for that and see how it's done. It's ultimately the answer for both genders, in my opinion.
It's by Aikea Guinea at Club Crymsin. I don't think it's showerproof though. I asked her if she had figured out showerproofing accessories a few days ago and she said she hadn't.

cassblonde
Exasperating Eyesore

Lazy Lurker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: 2009 July 20, 01:11:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would love if someone just added nipples, pubes and body hair to maxis skins.

This. For the love of all the little kittens could someone just do this?

Edited to add: I completely agree with chaos's comment below this one.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 20, 09:40:08 by cassblonde » Logged

I'm an apathetic sociopath, I'd kill you if I cared.
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2009 July 20, 01:37:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want a simple anatomically correct EA default, too. Except for the Barbie and Ken Syndrome, I don't really mind the default skins. They're a hell of a lot better than painted-on collar bones and abs, IMO.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
moparopie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 2009 July 20, 09:40:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the links! My summer courses are almost over so maybe I'll actually have the chance to play in August, heh.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2009 July 22, 07:03:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright for your people who wanted recolorable body hair it's here.

Vampster
Asinine Airhead

My Bite Is Your Delight

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2009 July 22, 07:28:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright for your people who wanted recolorable body hair it's here.
Thanks for that ! Added it to the first post.. im currently testing it
Vampster
Asinine Airhead

My Bite Is Your Delight

View Profile
Re: Download Links: Sims 3 Skins & Addons (Update 23/7) PIERCINGS & LINGERIE !
« Reply #42 on: 2009 July 23, 08:07:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry for the double post,
Ive added LINGERIE & FACIAL PIERCINGS to the list Cheesy
simsdesperado
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2009 July 23, 11:33:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's by Aikea Guinea at Club Crymsin. I don't think it's showerproof though. I asked her if she had figured out showerproofing accessories a few days ago and she said she hadn't.

You can give your sim an extra nevernude trait and assign swimming clothing as "naked" with invisible clothes and body hair. it will appear as the sim in naked when showering. I did that with a sim yesterday and it works great. Now we need peens as accessories to have the complete package.  Grin The only downside is they will go naked in the pool too but that's not too bad either.
CheritaChen
Corpulent Cretin

INFP

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2009 July 23, 12:16:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've not tried any of this, so there's probably something I'm missing, but why can't one of the very helpful content creators who are so generously giving us bodyhair overlays use as a base one of the accessories that don't come off in the shower/bath, like, uh, earrings? I'm pretty sure my Sims wear their earrings in the shower. I think. Of course, if that's the case, and it worked, then hairy Sims couldn't also have earrings, but I think that's one tradeoff I could live with.
insidious_glamour
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2009 July 23, 22:32:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe that aikea-guinea is working on piercings as accessories http://www.digitalperversion.net/gardenofshadows/index.php?topic=13360.msg373387#msg373387

thanks for the link, but I was never fond of the layerable make-up ones on Sims 2, so methinks I shall wait for AG to release hers.

non ducor, duco.
Bouncing Pink Ball
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2009 July 23, 22:59:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

^ Same. I want piercing accessories, not makeup, though it's good that folks are trying out ways to add the missing bits for those who want to make sims that aren't so bland.

I like the idea of custom skins because anything beats the Barbie default. Thing is, I don't care for the Super abs for everyone! look or oily sims either. What I really want is skins with a minimum of painted on detail or shine, but still shaded enough to be attractive and with something resembling proper anatomy. I'm using the default replacements from Club Crimsyn for now - and they're not bad at all - but I'm thinking I may put together my own set. I say thinking, 'cause it really comes down to a question of Am I more picky or more lazy? A complete set seems like a lot of work.

ENTP - Dominant Extroverted Intuition for the win!
crunk
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2009 July 24, 03:40:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've not tried any of this, so there's probably something I'm missing, but why can't one of the very helpful content creators who are so generously giving us bodyhair overlays use as a base one of the accessories that don't come off in the shower/bath, like, uh, earrings? I'm pretty sure my Sims wear their earrings in the shower. I think. Of course, if that's the case, and it worked, then hairy Sims couldn't also have earrings, but I think that's one tradeoff I could live with.

From messing around with the CTU a very small amount my guess is that this is because such a small amount doesn't allow for use on the rest of the body- there just isn't anything there to work with.
Drakron
Anime Fapper
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2009 July 25, 01:18:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, crunk ... its because they are different things.

Socks and gloves are overlays, they are applied over the body texture as earrings are meshes that are set on the head, said meshes do not have any texture about the body or even the head.

Internal there must be some ID category references to what is what so putting glasses do not remove earrings, or putting up gloves do not remove socks.

Question is if there is a ID reference to show when nude.

Krisan Thyme
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2009 July 25, 04:24:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well actually it's a lot simpler than you might think..
The "Naked" outfit isn't treated anymore specially than anything else the Sim's wear, as a result every Sim has their own individual record stored for what they wear when they switch to that "outfit." All you'd really need to do is modify a single reference in the savegame file for that Sim, which you can very easily do using Neighborhood Workshop.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: