More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 11:14:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  hack conflicts
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: hack conflicts  (Read 4087 times)
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
hack conflicts
« on: 2009 July 22, 17:41:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had to get the noautoemail hack and the no hugging hack.  because my sims are saying they have no new e-mail and the kids are stopping whatever they are doing and running outside to hug the parents.  I know these are older hacks but I had to have them, but when I ran the hack conflict utility it said that they were conflicting with lesswhiney and the latest phone hack.  I can't remember which was conflicting with which, you know how flakey I am.  Grin    But should I use the no auto e-mail and the hugging hack? Are they obselete?  I got them from the Tsdu directory.   thanks.  I sure hated to have to delete my phone hack.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
Re: hack conflicts
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 22, 18:41:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Current hacks are listed and included in the directory pertaining to your latest EP.  Generally speaking, if the directory/DC for your EP does not contain a hack, it is because Pescado incorporated its features into later versions of other hacks, or the game itself fixed those issues.

I would delete all existing Awesome hacks, and reinstall a fresh set from the appropriate directory to be sure you eliminate the oldversions conflicts.

Tribulatio proxima est
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 23, 03:21:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

but I can't find them in the AL dircectory.  I can't stand those kids running outside when I have them set up to do other things.  I guess the e-mail thing I could live with but not the no hugging hack.  Maybe his Awesomeness will tell me what hack he incorporated the hugging hack into that does not conflict with his phone hack  but I am a little afraid to awake the sleeping dragon. lol

Okay thanks dude,  you rock  Cool
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 23, 03:36:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Considering that the incessant hugging was an annoyance to Pescado at the time, I suspect that if there is not a specific hugging hack in the AL directory, it was incorporated into some other hack.  Just use the AL hacks with no oldversions of other hacks, and you will likely find that the hugging thing is managed, and the phone hack will work as well.

It all works in my TS2 game, which is also an AL game.

Tribulatio proxima est
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 23, 03:55:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

okay because the hugging problem or any other problem that I have been having lately did not start until I installed the Happy Holiday pack.  Then the hugging and e-mail problem started and my kids homework and all my fences started disappearing.  Yesterday my whole back yard was on fire and nothing was burning and I could not put it out. I reinstalled the whole sims last weekend because someone suggested that it was because I had not installed them in order.  I am going to reinstall again but without the Holiday pack, it has borked my game badly.   thanks
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 23, 06:33:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

IIRC, not checking email when there is no email is part of phonehack.  I do have a hugginghack.package in my downloads which I am pretty certain is from the AL directory, though.

ETA:  Yup, it's in the AL directory.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

lepifera
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 23, 07:41:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The AL set of director's cut does have a "hugginghack". It prevents such hugging from stomping out your queued actions. Kids will only hug their parents if both parties are free and idling around, or the action drops out of queue in time.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: