More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 22:36:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Aging Stops after Baby Born?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Aging Stops after Baby Born?  (Read 2693 times)
LilMissLoza
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Aging Stops after Baby Born?
« on: 2009 August 05, 01:14:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game has a habit of freezing the aging process after a baby is born in my Active Household, and while I didn't mind it so much at first, it makes the Legacy challenge harder and needlessly annoying.

I have AwesomeMod, IndieStone and a teen pregnancy mod installed in my game, but IndieStone's Compatibility Checker informed me there were no conflicts in my game, so I'm reluctant to think that's the problem. Unfortunately for me, as far as I can remember, I didn't have this problem before I installed mods, so I think I have no choice in believing that's what's wrong.

I know for a fact that I have Story Progression and aging turned on in my game options, and the IndieStone settings are definitely set to SP & Aging enabled globally and in my Active Household - I disabled and then re-enabled to double check. Still no change. I've rebooted my game, several times actually, and nothing. I even extended the lifespan to Epic and then back to my Normal setting to see if the problem would correct itself, but apparently not.

I'm completely stumped. Has anyone else ever had this problem, or anyone have an idea how I might go about fixing it? Bear in mind I'm not a modder myself - but have been using mods in my Sims games for as long as I can remember without any trouble - and so I probably won't understand modding jargon or know what you mean if you start talking about strings and parameters.

Any help appreciated Undecided

I was a Sim in my previous life, but the player killed me off.
aspinL
Dimwitted Dunce

Every me and every you.

View Profile
Re: Aging Stops after Baby Born?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 05, 05:38:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well your best bet would be to start by taking out the pregnancy mod and restart the game and see if aging starts up again. If that doesn't work take another out and then the third one, which would mean no mods in the game... but in between removing a mod restart your game and see if aging works again. It's probably going to work after theirs no mods in your game. But at least with no mods you know it's not the actual game thats messing up.
If it indeed isn't the game that's messing up you could probably put back the Awesome mod and Indie but not the teen pregnancy (and the aging problem wouldn't present again). I'm pretty sure that the problem is from the mods interacting with each other and in a way becoming confused, most likely the Indie Stone and Awesome mod reacting with the teen pregnancy. If it helps any, I'm sure Pescado will eventually include teen pregnancy in his Awesome mod Smiley
LilMissLoza
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 05, 11:10:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I removed the package files for the pregnancy mod and the teenage maternity meshes, and the problem seems to have rectified. I was hoping it would just be something as simple as removing the pregnancy mod because I don't actually use it that much anyway.

Thanks for your help! Grin

I was a Sim in my previous life, but the player killed me off.
aspinL
Dimwitted Dunce

Every me and every you.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 05, 18:50:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I'm so glad to have helped Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: