More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 11:13:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Shopping for Groceries Borked?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Shopping for Groceries Borked?  (Read 6061 times)
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
Shopping for Groceries Borked?
« on: 2009 August 04, 05:51:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have noticed a strange shopping glitch since installing the patch.  At least, I believe it only occurred after installation.  I do not seem to have the option to "shop for groceries" at all hours, and was previously under the impression that "Everfresh Delights" was a 24-hour operation.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.

In addition, when they are able to shop for groceries, the purchases end up in the family inventory as opposed to their personal inventories, which adds another very annoying step to actually putting the groceries into the refrigerator.  It further seems that when you click on the refrigerator to prepare a meal, it still indicates there will be a charge involved when the needed ingredients are in the family inventory.  I do not recall this being the case when the groceries were placed into the personal inventory of the Sim who had done the shopping.  I've also noted that, in the case of purchased fish I am unable to select the fish and drag them out of the family inventory, since it appears you cannot place fish on any surface, i.e. counters, floors, etc.  This, of course, defeats the whole purpose of buying fish at the supermarket, since they appear to be useless when stuck in family inventory.  Were there an option to just "put away groceries from family inventory", as there is for "put away all books from family inventory", this would be considerably less tedious.

Please advise if anyone else has been experiencing these issues, or if there is something I am missing here. 

I do have a couple of mods "Buy All Fish", "Buy Life Fruit", etc., but these are not core mods, do not show up as incompatible using the Indie Stone Mod Checker program, and have never caused these issues in the past.  I'll try taking them out anyway to see if that changes anything and report back.

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
pbox
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
Re: Shopping for Groceries Borked?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 04, 12:43:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no idea about the rest of your problem, but this

It further seems that when you click on the refrigerator to prepare a meal, it still indicates there will be a charge involved when the needed ingredients are in the family inventory.  I do not recall this being the case when the groceries were placed into the personal inventory of the Sim who had done the shopping.

is because for cooking, sims will always use stuff in their personal inventory first, then from the fridge, then insta-bought (via the fridge). So what you see here is merely a symptom -- when the food doesn't go in their inventory anymore, they have to buy it (they don't look in the family inventory).
CheritaChen
Corpulent Cretin

INFP

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 04, 13:12:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good grief, that's annoying. I can confirm that the grocery store is still a 24-hour business in my un-patched 'hoods, and that purchases go into Sim inventory, not family inventory.

I had a case of "grounded fish" when I married up two Sims and moved the previously non-played one into the current household: he was an angler, and apparently the fish from his refrigerator or something got stuck in family inventory along with all his old furniture. I couldn't sell them because I couldn't figure out how to switch tabs with something in the pointer-hand, and I couldn't put them down anywhere. They've just got a box full of permanent, useless fish.

So, fish not removable from family inventory = old problem.
Purchases going straight into family inventory, including fish = apparently new problem.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 05, 01:50:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can drop things on the sim's portrait, the sim itself, or the fridge, without having to switch tabs.

INFP or something
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 August 05, 02:13:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can drop things on the sim's portrait, the sim itself, or the fridge, without having to switch tabs.

Thanks so much, kuronue!  It worked by dragging and dropping the fish right onto the Sim ... I was then able to place them on the floor and from there move them to the refrigerator.  Since the family inventory is only accessible through Buy Mode, there was no portrait of the Sim available within that UI, and neither are you able to click to "open" the refrigerator.  I'm very glad I was finally able to get the approx. 20 fish out of inventory, even though this is a strange and convoluted path to have to take.

So far I have not had the chance to remove all my mods, but earlier this afternoon I tried removing just those related to shopping and that had no effect.  So, next I'll try anything associated with gardening.  I really don't have that many mods since I don't want any conflicts with AwesomeMod, so it shouldn't take long once I have the time to spend.

Thanks for this, though!  I never would have thought of it!

Good grief, that's annoying. I can confirm that the grocery store is still a 24-hour business in my un-patched 'hoods, and that purchases go into Sim inventory, not family inventory.
I had a case of "grounded fish" when I married up two Sims and moved the previously non-played one into the current household: he was an angler, and apparently the fish from his refrigerator or something got stuck in family inventory along with all his old furniture. I couldn't sell them because I couldn't figure out how to switch tabs with something in the pointer-hand, and I couldn't put them down anywhere. They've just got a box full of permanent, useless fish.
So, fish not removable from family inventory = old problem.
Purchases going straight into family inventory, including fish = apparently new problem.

CheritaChen:  If this is in a current game, the work-around is above, courtesy of kuronue.  Thanks for your response!

kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 August 05, 02:26:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

neither are you able to click to "open" the refrigerator.

IIRC you can drop it on the fridge itself, without having to open it. Books can also be dropped in the bookcase this way.

Glad I could help! ^_^

INFP or something
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 August 05, 02:50:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game is patched and groceries go into the shopping sim's inventory still.  So if the patch screwed your sims over, it apparently doens't hate my sims as much.  Sorry if that's not helpful, but I thought I'd mention that I did patch and did not expirence these bugs.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
CheritaChen
Corpulent Cretin

INFP

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 August 05, 03:01:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh, I could swear I tried dragging them directly to the Sim, both his active self and his icon on the left, with no luck (same "international NO" symbol). I was rather annoyed, as the new spouse had rolled the "Perfect Aquarium" LTW and I was trying to figure out if any stuck in the box were suitable. It's possible I misremember, though, as it has been several weeks now since I played that household. I should try this next time I fire up the game just to be sure.
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 August 05, 03:06:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game is patched and groceries go into the shopping sim's inventory still.  So if the patch screwed your sims over, it apparently doens't hate my sims as much.  Sorry if that's not helpful, but I thought I'd mention that I did patch and did not expirence these bugs.

Yes, I just wanted to check to see if anyone else was having the same problem.  I'm not sure what is causing it, but it's most likely a mod conflict.  I ran the Indie Stone Mod Checker and it did not report anything as conflicting except objects, which we've been advised are safe to ignore.  Except for one object, called the Metal Babysitter, which is in effect a toddler gate, so they cannot escape and go running all over the place.  That one, strangely enough, was reported as a core mod, even though the creator claims otherwise, so I removed it.  So, as I have the time, I wil go through the process of elimination to see what is really causing it.  Thanks for your response, though!

gelfling
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 August 05, 03:11:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same here. I read this thread and double-checked my game to be sure. As far as the fish go, you need 10 to stock a pond so you could try stacking 10 of them together in the hope that it will allow you to at least remove it from your fambly inventory and [hopefully] to your fridge.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 August 05, 05:51:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh, I could swear I tried dragging them directly to the Sim, both his active self and his icon on the left, with no luck (same "international NO" symbol). I was rather annoyed, as the new spouse had rolled the "Perfect Aquarium" LTW and I was trying to figure out if any stuck in the box were suitable. It's possible I misremember, though, as it has been several weeks now since I played that household. I should try this next time I fire up the game just to be sure.

The one time it doesn't work is if the giver and recipient aren't on the same lot.

INFP or something
CheritaChen
Corpulent Cretin

INFP

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 August 05, 11:38:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The one time it doesn't work is if the giver and recipient aren't on the same lot.

Yet another oddity, as I know for a fact I have swapped over bait items and fruits for quick hunger boosts while one Sim was fishing away at the cemetery or some pond, and the other, home reading or even at work in a rabbit hole. But this was from Sim inventory, to Sim inventory, not Family inventory.

Maybe what you're referring to is the inability to move or sell Sim inventory while the Sim is in transit? I can't do anything with their rocks/fruits/fish while they're on a bike/in a car/running like maniacs to some destination, but as soon as they become "available" again, the dragging works.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: