More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 10:24:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Useful glitches?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Useful glitches?  (Read 6324 times)
Mazza
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Useful glitches?
« on: 2009 July 17, 20:13:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thus far I have only found one. Very reminiscent of the old S2 potty-training glitch the cooking skill glitch is pretty useful.

You need your Sim to be at a minimum a teen (it works with all ages over teen) with at least one cooking skill point to exploit this. Have your Sim watch the cooking channel on the TV. Get another Sim to use the same TV to play a video game on whilst your Sim is watching the TV.

The cooking skill gain sticks and dosen't quit until the skill maxes out. It dosen't affect other skill-building activities at all/

Are there any other useful glitches?

chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: Useful glitches?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 18, 00:40:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When a sim cooks food, the skill bar keeps filling up until the sim puts the food on a surface. If you have the sim cook a single meal, and the dining table is across the house from the kitchen, the sim will keep gaining cooking skill while trekking all the way to the dining table, provided that the sim isn't a couch potato and there's not a sofa or easy chair between the kitchen and the dining area. This doesn't work for group meals, because the sim will just plonk the food on the nearest countertop.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
Mazza
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 19, 19:30:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tested this and the exact same thing ( the TV skill gain glitch) happens with gardening and fishing skills. I couldn't get it to do two skills at the same time though.

ZetshiaGudani
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 20, 04:32:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the build/buy mode glitch where your sims lot randomly increases in value which leads to the game putting random money amounts in your household funds. After i built my sim a trendy loft style house he only had $69 in the bank... a few hours later he had $900  Grin
Daimon
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 22, 09:50:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, is -that- what happens... I had wondered about mystical donations like that.
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 22, 10:16:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the build/buy mode glitch where your sims lot randomly increases in value which leads to the game putting random money amounts in your household funds. After i built my sim a trendy loft style house he only had $69 in the bank... a few hours later he had $900  Grin

Oh, so that's it. Hmm, nice to know where that comes from.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 23, 03:03:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tested this and the exact same thing ( the TV skill gain glitch) happens with gardening and fishing skills. I couldn't get it to do two skills at the same time though.

Tested this last night, had my "Renaissance Sim" gaining cooking and gardening while she was actually fishing. She got to level 10 in all 3 skills around the same time, cooking and gardening from the tv glitch, fishing by actually fishing. It seems like the tv glitch is slow, but I could watch both bars increase over the course of a day (or night while she slept). I haven't tried it for all 3 at the same time, will do with the new generation sometime this weekend. I'll report back.
Viscountess
Batelle
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 July 23, 13:23:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering why my first gen legacy family suddenly had $110,569 after I added on a nursery (when I started, they had $6,569).  Awesome glitch, if you can justify the sudden windfall. I couldn't and floor-tiled my funds down to where the should have been.

I need a glitch that makes training toddlers faster.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 July 24, 13:37:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering why my first gen legacy family suddenly had $110,569 after I added on a nursery (when I started, they had $6,569).  Awesome glitch, if you can justify the sudden windfall. I couldn't and floor-tiled my funds down to where the should have been.

Wouldn't it be quicker to use the familyfunds cheat?

Inteen for AL, yay!
semianon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 July 25, 10:28:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I need a glitch that makes training toddlers faster.

Not a glitch, but....
Faster Potty Training - http://nene.modthesims.info/d/349779
Faster Talk Training - http://nene.modthesims.info/d/348799
Faster Walk Training - http://nene.modthesims.info/d/348803
That Eighties Guy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 July 25, 10:46:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always felt that using 'useful glitches' is like tricking yourself to cheat. Blaming the developers for your bad self-control.
Still, it's your own choices.

Edit:
Sweet, I've got a nickname.
  |
  |
 \ /
« Last Edit: 2009 July 25, 22:52:41 by That Eighties Guy » Logged
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 July 25, 22:27:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually agree with you, TEG. As soon as I noticed the glitch that I posted upthread, I rearranged my sim's house, so that it would no longer occur. It was just a curious sort of bug, so it stuck in my mind.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
Heilena
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 July 26, 17:49:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I happened upon this glitch wondering why the bill payment kept fluctuating.  if my sim is on an errand and the carpool picks her up from whereever for work, her car goes to her inventory.  When the mail is delivered the car is excluded from the amount she owes. If you place it back before the mail is delivered, you are charged the correct amount.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: