More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 00:53:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Related To Her HUSBAND?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Related To Her HUSBAND?  (Read 5946 times)
Ichigo
Corpulent Cretin

Hellbitch

View Profile WWW
Related To Her HUSBAND?
« on: 2009 July 17, 12:37:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've goot all EP's up to Seasons, no stuff packs, and all my hacks are Awesome, aside from See Them 2, which I'm only using the censor disabler. Anyhow, my CAS sim married the rich downtownie, and everything behaved perfectly, until I opened the "kiss.." options, and I noticed "Family Kiss" was an interaction. I did it, and it was just as if two related sims had done it. I checked the family trees, it doesn't show them as siblings. By the way, my game crashed quickly after doing the kiss deal, but I doubt that caused it, as it's been crashing LIKE MAD. Sad Impending BFBVFS?

EDIT: Upon further inspection, I notice there was the "family" icon in the relationship panel.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 17, 15:34:03 by Ichigo » Logged

ENFP. God help you all.
drace
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Related To Her HUSBAND?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 18, 01:37:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do not know why the game accidently made them related, but you can fix this easily enough in SimPe. I'd be more worried about the crashing.  Tongue  Did you make sure you use the hacks from the seasons category? And does the game still crash when you remove your whole downloads folder?

Also, is there a pattern to these crashes (like, always crashing when you use certain commands or something)?
Ichigo
Corpulent Cretin

Hellbitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 18, 06:16:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, no pattern. And before I even ran the game, I downloaded some clothes, but it didn't start crashing until a week later, so I don't suspect downloads. I've got the most recent Awesomeware.

ENFP. God help you all.
Budcot
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 18, 10:03:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure they should have the family icon there anyway, since once married, they are family.
Ichigo
Corpulent Cretin

Hellbitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 18, 11:36:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thing is, my game never displayed that before, so is just an artifact of Awesomespec?

ENFP. God help you all.
drace
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 18, 16:21:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure they should have the family icon there anyway, since once married, they are family.

I get the icon too, but there's no option for the Family Kiss, just the romantic interactions. Could also be a hack, I guess, I think I've seen one that adds it.

Nope, no pattern. And before I even ran the game, I downloaded some clothes, but it didn't start crashing until a week later, so I don't suspect downloads. I've got the most recent Awesomeware.

But have you actually tried it? Taking your downloads folder, the savedsims folder and (if you have it) the CEP folder out for a while, then deleting the cache files?
Ichigo
Corpulent Cretin

Hellbitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 18, 16:51:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tried it. Crashes about every 1 hour.

ENFP. God help you all.
DrNerd
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 July 18, 20:34:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also have EPs through Seasons, and I've always gotten the little "Family" icon on the spouse's thumbnail.  I don't think that "Family Kiss" is usually an option, though.  Do you know how high HIS relationship to HER was at the time?  I've had some odd relationship things with Downtownies, where my Sim's relationship to them will be something like 90/50, and their relationship to my Sim will be 0/0.  Maybe something happened between them to kick down that relationship so that not all of the Romantic Kiss options were available, but Family Kiss is there because they're now flagged as family.

Don't know about the crashing, though.  Have you done all the computer-related stuff like running your Disk Cleanup and Defrag, making sure your drivers are updated, and removing the case and dusting the insides off with an air-duster to keep everything cool?

Ichigo
Corpulent Cretin

Hellbitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2009 July 19, 08:08:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried to update the drivers, but I'll try again, and I'll do a defrag and cleanup. Thanks.

UPDATE: SHIT SHIT SHIT. Says I got the most current drivers.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 19, 08:44:24 by Ichigo » Logged

ENFP. God help you all.
Ichigo
Corpulent Cretin

Hellbitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2009 July 20, 15:19:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good god DAMN. I'm FUCKED. River Cox (rich downtonie) started getting the options to flirt with his CUNTING DAUGHTER. I burninated the whole fucking neighborhood to start again. DAMN shame, sonce it was my Legacy, which had actually been going well instead of SUCK ASS. But on the plus side, it hasn't crashed in awhile....

ENFP. God help you all.
Ichigo
Corpulent Cretin

Hellbitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2009 July 20, 23:59:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

CHRIST ON A PONY, I was fucking around in the Logs section of my Sims folder, and I notice these "Sims2Exception Logs" that seem to describe the crashes. Shall I upload?

ENFP. God help you all.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 July 21, 01:58:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, those are worthless.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: