More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:41:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  The game remembers even if the Sims don't
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The game remembers even if the Sims don't  (Read 4353 times)
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
The game remembers even if the Sims don't
« on: 2009 July 12, 13:48:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I start a hood I first kill everybody already there. At the moment I am working on getting Pleasantview set up in my hood from Sims that actually bear some resemblance to, well, themselves (why does EA keep calling the Sims the same names - even tell us they're the same Sims but make them bear no resemblance to what they've previously told us they look like?). So I have my Goths - Victor, Gretle, Gunther & Frida living in Goth Manor and I changed households the awesome way to check on the location of one of Victors school friends. When I went back to select the Goth household again Gunther's icon is that of the EA Gunther (I've also seen the same mis-picturing happen when creating Sims in CAS).

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: The game remembers even if the Sims don't
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 12, 14:03:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I start a hood I first kill everybody already there. At the moment I am working on getting Pleasantview set up in my hood from Sims that actually bear some resemblance to, well, themselves (why does EA keep calling the Sims the same names - even tell us they're the same Sims but make them bear no resemblance to what they've previously told us they look like?).
Well, that's easy to explain. The characters are played by different actors, because this is a prequel. The original actors are obviously too old to properly reprise their roles. Plus, it's EA. They probably sacked those guys ages ago.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 12, 14:18:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I bet the fees in the pixelated actors guild are a bitch to pay too - how do you animate 10% of your money and all of your soul?

edit: My webhost was unaccessable last night so I couldn't post an example of what I meant, but it's back now so here's a picture of Gretle Goth relationship with her son, and another showing the face my Gunther actually wears

edit again: For a little while after he aged up to a teen his thumbnail once again showed his own face, but it soon reverted back to the EA Gunther. I just hope this isn't a sign of dangling SWAF's (or the S3 equivalent thereof) caused by nuking the default Sims.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 13, 05:25:20 by Madame Mim » Logged

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 21, 01:41:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gunther's thumbnail still occilates between his real face and the original EA Gunther Goth, but now Cornelia has developed the same problem. My Cornelia Goth (nee Crumplebottom) now shows the EA Cornelia in her thumbnail. This has got to be more than the wierd dude showing up instead of your own Sim bug. This is a direct correlation, name to name.

Aaroc
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 21, 06:39:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would be willing to bet that if you had a sim whose grandchild, or perhaps even great grandchild was named after them, the picture would occasionally oscillate between the thumbnails of the younger and the older. Or they might just be leftover remnants in RAM. Maybe if you restarted the game or your computer they would go away. as I recall, when Mortimer in my game turned into a teen, and subsequently into an adult, his picture would often revert back to when he was a child. This stopped the next time I loaded up the game.
KarateKari
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 21, 15:56:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would be willing to bet that if you had a sim whose grandchild, or perhaps even great grandchild was named after them, the picture would occasionally oscillate between the thumbnails of the younger and the older. Or they might just be leftover remnants in RAM. Maybe if you restarted the game or your computer they would go away. as I recall, when Mortimer in my game turned into a teen, and subsequently into an adult, his picture would often revert back to when he was a child. This stopped the next time I loaded up the game.

My adult Mortimer's thumbnail is constantly reverting back to childhood, and Bella does it occassionally too.  Restarting the game/computer has no effect.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: