More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 18:36:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  What does this document mean?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What does this document mean?  (Read 5021 times)
minonda
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
What does this document mean?
« on: 2009 July 16, 23:07:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since yesterday my computer has been creating a text document and an MDMP (?) several times throughout the day. It seems to be reporting some kind of error, but I don't understand what it means. Can anyone tell me what this means, if it means I have a  problem, and if I can safely delete these files? I have attached the most recent text document.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 16, 23:10:04 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: What does this document mean?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 16, 23:10:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those files mean nothing and are entirely useless to us. If the crashes occur while the game is already running, your computer is probably overheating.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
minonda
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 16, 23:14:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far my game has not crashed once it gets started. What would be useful to you in understanding why these files are being generated? I tried opening the MDMP and it says I have to find the right program, and of course I have no idea what program I need to open it. Should I attach the MDMP file to see if someone can understand it, or just forget the whole thing? It just seems odd that all of a sudden these files are being created.
CheritaChen
Corpulent Cretin

INFP

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 16, 23:44:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you try googling "mdmp file"?

Yes, the files are safe to delete. Unfortunately, without opening them, if there is no other identifying information, then none of us can tell you which program is creating the files. You probably should figure that out, since their generation means something is crashing, and if you haven't had a problem with TS3 lately, then it's something else on your machine. What else do you have running? What made you think it was related to TS3?
minonda
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 16, 23:53:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What made you think it was related to TS3?

The document I attached in my post was deleted, but as to why I think it's related to TS3 is that it's in the Sims 3 folder in my documents. Also, the document references the game. I was just wondering what it all meant, but from what you say it means something is crashing. Maybe it's counting all the times I have to open the game to get it started. I'll google MDMP and see what that means.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 16, 23:54:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

None of those files are really useful to anyone who doesn't have the original source for TS3, so don't bother sending them anywhere.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
minonda
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 17, 00:10:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you try googling "mdmp file"?

Apparently MDMP files are mini dump files. So, who knows.
CheritaChen
Corpulent Cretin

INFP

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 July 17, 02:40:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The document I attached in my post was deleted, but as to why I think it's related to TS3 is that it's in the Sims 3 folder in my documents. Also, the document references the game.

Ah, okay. Yeah, just keep deleting them as they're created. From your previous description ("once it gets started") it sounds like you are using 3booter. The files must be a byproduct of the failed attempts before the game stays running.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 July 17, 03:30:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds more like you're NOT using 3booter, because 3booter will automatically incinerate them.

minonda
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 July 17, 12:22:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds more like you're NOT using 3booter, because 3booter will automatically incinerate them.

I DID install the 3Booter as well as the FPS limiter, but I must have done something wrong because it doesn't seem to work. I put them in Program files/EA/TS3, which is what I thought you said to do.
minonda
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 July 17, 13:04:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You must also change your shortcut so it points at 3booter.exe, not \bin\ts3.exe. Maybe you forgot that step?

Yes, I think I did. Thank you.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: