More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 17:23:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  I think my game is FUBAR, but why?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I think my game is FUBAR, but why?  (Read 6145 times)
Kerryee
Blathering Buffoon

ENFJ

View Profile
I think my game is FUBAR, but why?
« on: 2009 July 16, 19:39:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this wonderful malfunction occur yesterday, and now I can't move on from this point, no matter what mods I take out or put in, or options on or off.  Since it happens without Awesomemod as well as with, I'm asking here instead of in the AM Bug thread.

I was playing my Legacy family, whom just had their first baby a few sims day ago.  It's the day of the baby's birthday, but for some reason, trying to throw a party results in my entire family freezing, and then disappearing.  It happens within minutes of calling to throw the party, no matter what my sims head off to do in the meantime for preparation, and regardless of the time or who I invite.  I've tried updating Awesomemod, removing AM, using IndieStone's mod, removing every mod I have, etc, and nothing makes a difference. This most recent attempt, with IndieStone's mod installed, resulted in this error message appearing on screen as my Sims locked up: anyone wanna try to decipher it for me?

http://img507.imageshack.us/i/simsfuckup.png/

Also, though I don't know if it's relevant, the "day" before this happened, I had my sims call in a babysitter while Dad was at work, so Mom could go hold some meetings while on maternity leave.  For some reason when mom returned and the babysitter went to head out, instead of deducting her fee, it added $160,000 to their funds.  I used the 'familyfunds' cheat to edit it back down to what it should be, since this is a Legacy game.
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
Re: I think my game is FUBAR, but why?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 16, 19:49:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like you need to start your Legacy over, man. BFBVFS
Kerryee
Blathering Buffoon

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 16, 20:03:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw that coming, lol.  I'm only hoping to find out what I did wrong, so I don't rinse and repeat.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 16, 20:09:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never payed much attention to Legacy because it has too many damned rules for me. Tongue

But have you tried not throwing a party, like either using a cake without the party or letting the kid age up on its own?

Have you tried moving the family to another house?

Again, no idea if these are allowed with Legacy or not but it's better than the family being forever ruined.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 16, 20:36:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Parties aren't in the rules, but I think you're not allowed to move. So.... just age the kid up with a cake or let them age up naturally without a party or cake.

I never do cake and parties. Tongue I'm such a mean god.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 16, 20:39:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Parties aren't in the rules, but I think you're not allowed to move. So.... just age the kid up with a cake or let them age up naturally without a party or cake.

I never do cake and parties. Tongue I'm such a mean god.

Well in this game the cakes are a shorcut to aging. You don't have to wait until near their birthday. If you get tired of a kid being a certain age just drag their ass to a cake and voila! Also works for townies too. If your teen aged up and can no longer interact with his or her sweetheart, well I think it's time for that teen sweetheart to have some birthday cake. Tongue

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 16, 20:51:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read the error message.  Had you ordered a pizza, maybe when you were standing outside the house?  I'm not good at reading those things, but that's the only guess I can make.  If that's what you were doing, try going inside to order the pizza.  If that's not what you were doing, never mind.  Just giving it a shot.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Kerryee
Blathering Buffoon

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 July 16, 20:54:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, but in Legacy, you can't age them until you get the message that it's their birthday.  And you can't move.  But, with Awesomod, or least TestingCheatsEnabled true, I can shift click to age them up.  The problem is that no parties suck, lol.  That was always my fastest way of making Charismatic sims lots of frends.  Plus, no campaign parties for Political sims.

It's only that neighborhood that's FUBAR, so I'm gonna have to restart.  Again, however, if anyone can clue me into where I got screwed, so I don't do it again, please let me know.

EDIT: Nope, no pizza's.  In fact, her husband was the former pizza boy, and I haven't ordered another since they got married.  XD  I had just summoned the party, and I was in the house each time I tried.
ForkInToaster
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 July 16, 21:03:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the S2 Legacy, I thought you were allowed to move if the lot became extremely bugged. Why wouldn't it be allowed now? The rules are made so that people won't make shortcuts and cheat their way to quick riches. It's not meant to force you to stay on buggy corrupted lots.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 July 16, 21:28:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No moving, no schmoving. Whatever. Look at lot value and cash on hand. Add those together. Move family out. Move them elsewhere. Make sure that the new house value + cash on hand is the same amount, using familyfunds as necessary to adjust. You'll actually lose some money that way rebuilding, but who cares? Are you playing for some sort of cash prize? No.

The point of having that same starting lot is the amount of cash you have on hand. I hate big lots, so I chose a much smaller one and adjusted family funds.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Orange Indigo
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 July 16, 22:07:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No moving, no schmoving. Whatever. Look at lot value and cash on hand. Add those together. Move family out. Move them elsewhere. Make sure that the new house value + cash on hand is the same amount, using familyfunds as necessary to adjust. You'll actually lose some money that way rebuilding, but who cares? Are you playing for some sort of cash prize? No.

The point of having that same starting lot is the amount of cash you have on hand. I hate big lots, so I chose a much smaller one and adjusted family funds.

This will be better for your game, anyway. If you're adhering to Legacy rules as strictly as you seem to be, your family is living on the biggest lot there is. Moving them to a smaller one might put off the BFBVFS, especially if your computer is old/slow/ornery.

Did you try the old standby of deleting the cache files?

EDIT:   Roll Eyes wrong game.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 16, 22:18:19 by Orange Indigo » Logged
Kerryee
Blathering Buffoon

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 July 17, 03:40:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This will be better for your game, anyway. If you're adhering to Legacy rules as strictly as you seem to be, your family is living on the biggest lot there is. Moving them to a smaller one might put off the BFBVFS, especially if your computer is old/slow/ornery.

Did you try the old standby of deleting the cache files?

EDIT:   Roll Eyes wrong game.

Might try Zazazu's idea anyway, just because I never need that much space for a sim house.

And, yes, I delete the cache files whenever I download, change, or delete a mod.  So, about twice a day, at least, lol.
Shaprepenr
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2009 July 17, 08:27:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you get tired of a kid being a certain age just drag their ass to a cake and voila!

Against Legacy rules. Tongue

•I'm a social--
•--Butterfly?
•No. Watermellon.
•Then socially speaking; I am going to eat you.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: