More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 08:24:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  How can ghosts be forced to eat Ambrosia?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How can ghosts be forced to eat Ambrosia?  (Read 37388 times)
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
How can ghosts be forced to eat Ambrosia?
« on: 2009 July 16, 12:11:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the possibility to cook the damned Ambrosia, but how can one force ghosts to eat it? I got a ghost out of the cemetery and replaced the ghost that lives in Agnes Crumplebottom house. It seems that the game used the Darling ghost as a token (Is the tombstone in the lot?).
The ghost I chose was Lewis Su or something like that, the first Agnes got friend to and the option to take his tomb in the inventory. But the guy is never hungry and ignores the food.
In order not to lose the cooked Ambrosia, I made Agnes bring it to the cemetery. A ghost girl was probably the only one hungry over there. She ate the food, levitated for a while and got incarned. She ran out of the cemetery straight away and I suppose she is now in the townies pool.
It seems that I just found the way to empty out the cemetery from hungry ghosts. But this is not exactly what I want.

Other thing - I never get the mentioned "Manage the deads" option. What is the requirements for this option?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: How can ghosts be forced to eat Ambrosia?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 16, 12:18:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ghosts only eat Ambrosia after you make them into playable ghosts. Otherwise, they do not.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 16, 12:34:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well the ghost girl in the cemetery was not playable. She did it autonomously and was not any friend to anyone. I just placed the food on the ground and waited.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 16, 14:07:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ghosts only eat Ambrosia after you make them into playable ghosts. Otherwise, they do not.

Not true. They will autonomously eat it, it's just trickier because you can't control them so you just have to keep shoving it in their face around and try and be patient.

I had a child in my family who died in a fire do it autonomously, it just took a few nights for him to do it.

I also just had a ghost of a friend do it last night first time around that she appeared.

The irritating thing with her is, although they knew her when she was alive the first time, she doesn't even show as an aquaintance now and her former home is occupied by others at the moment. As soon as she recorporialized, she ran off the damned lot like a bat out of hell and is now homeless with no money and I have no way to contact her.  Roll Eyes

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Budgie
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 16, 14:18:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've heard of people getting the ghost in their house, then asking them to woohoo to lower the ghost's hunger level, then having the plate of ambrosia waiting for the ghost to eat when it got hungry.
Silverdrake
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 18, 18:13:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've heard of people getting the ghost in their house, then asking them to woohoo to lower the ghost's hunger level, then having the plate of ambrosia waiting for the ghost to eat when it got hungry.

Oh, how delightfully sneaky!

I have only one playable ghost now, and have been trying to decide whether to force him to eat ambrosia. It might be interesting to revive all those graveyard ghosts, ala the Tricou family in TS2. Unfortunately, I raptured all their living relatives.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 18, 19:27:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It might be interesting to revive all those graveyard ghosts, ala the Tricou family in TS2. Unfortunately, I raptured all their living relatives.

While it sounds like a cool, chaotic idea in theory, in practice you will just end up with a bunch of homeless sims that you probably don't know and thus have no way to contact. Plus awesomemod is not very good about helping the homeless to get into homes. Tongue

hidethe_cutlery
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 July 19, 03:32:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Question:
Does Ambrosia go bad?
As in, once I have a Sim who can make the heavenly dish, can they make it until they cark it for future generations to nom out of the fridge?

Heaven for the climate, hell for the company.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 July 19, 03:43:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Question:
Does Ambrosia go bad?
As in, once I have a Sim who can make the heavenly dish, can they make it until they cark it for future generations to nom out of the fridge?

I remember reading somewhere that no it does not go bad. I personally have had a number of servings in the fridge for a LOOOONG time. Have also had them sitting around in a sim's inventory without going bad.

hidethe_cutlery
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 July 19, 03:48:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Question:
Does Ambrosia go bad?

I remember reading somewhere that no it does not go bad. I personally have had a number of servings in the fridge for a LOOOONG time. Have also had them sitting around in a sim's inventory without going bad.

Wunderbar! My resident chef shall now become an ambrosia machine

Heaven for the climate, hell for the company.
Budgie
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 July 19, 17:21:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wunderbar! My resident chef shall now become an ambrosia machine
Yeah, and if your chef is at the top of the culinary career, the fridge that it recieves doesn't let anything go bad.
caitlyn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 July 19, 22:42:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but then you have to watch your sims like a hawk.  Mine always seem to pull it out and eat it when I'm not looking.  I only realize when I see their happiness for 7 days AND their life reset.

Not all those who wander are lost.
--J R R Tolkien
infamy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 July 21, 14:54:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but then you have to watch your sims like a hawk.  Mine always seem to pull it out and eat it when I'm not looking.  I only realize when I see their happiness for 7 days AND their life reset.

No Autonomous Leftovers will take care of that, though it affects all leftovers.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 July 21, 16:13:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No Autonomous Leftovers will take care of that, though it affects all leftovers.

I guess I could do that, but I kind of like them being able to grab whatever leftovers on their own when they are hungry instead of cooking but not the damned ambrosia!. I'd put it in a separate fridge somewhere but they all magically use the same space in some shared refrigerator nexus.

I've taken now to sticking it in the inventories of babies and toddlers, which obviously is a temporary fix and will need to come out when they become a child. I guess since it technically never goes bad I can stash it in a room without a door, but outside of the fridge and inventories it doesn't stack, so annoying.

Hardin
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 July 21, 22:34:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ghosts will autonomously eat Ambrosia. In fact I've taken a few trips to the graveyard and as soon as I put the Ambrosia on the ground they go for it.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 July 21, 23:21:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting... I remember in sims2 when everyone was clamouring for an autonomous leftovers hack XD;

INFP or something
Cedia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 July 22, 11:34:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A few basic questions here.

1.  When Gunther Goth dies, and if I am not playing his household, will his tombstone go into Mortimer's inventory?  The same for Cornelia?  And if I then have Mortimer place the graves around the house will they haunt it like the rest of the Goth ancestors?

2.  I had Jon Lessen put Destry's grave into the graveyard a pretty long time ago.  I've checked recently and it's still there.  I'm thinking maybe he'd like to revive the old coot someday and have him live in the household (alive) but doesn't want the ghost around for now.  What are the steps I need to take after either he or his wife is capable of making Ambrosia?

Thanks!

cedia.gamerdna.com
Budgie
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 July 22, 13:19:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After you can make ambrosia, retrieve the ghost's gravestone, and make sure you have a relationship with the ghost. Then, wait for the oppertunity to "revive" your ghost at the science center, which will give you a playable ghost. Then, you can make the ghost eat the ambrosia and bring it back to life.
Cedia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 July 22, 16:28:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After you can make ambrosia, retrieve the ghost's gravestone, and make sure you have a relationship with the ghost. Then, wait for the oppertunity to "revive" your ghost at the science center, which will give you a playable ghost. Then, you can make the ghost eat the ambrosia and bring it back to life.

Thank you!  I assume that having a relationship with a ghost happens the same way as with live people?  Does the ghost have to be best friend or is friend okay?

You're going to laugh, but the reason I know nothing about ghosts in the game is because they just creep me out and I can't even go to the graveyard at night.  I think it's the floating and the music.

cedia.gamerdna.com
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: