More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 14:29:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Save Game Editor - Make things different.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Save Game Editor - Make things different.  (Read 21962 times)
tryguy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Save Game Editor - Make things different.
« on: 2009 July 16, 10:58:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey,

I found this: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=350770

It's a save game editor made by TigerM. And it's exceptional. Smiley

I've only really just begun to use it, but right now, I can go in to a save game and alter a Sim's fitness (body shape) no problem. I use Awesome's Editsim function to alter Townies all the time (mostly face and hair and clothes. And traits and almost everything, really), but as most people know, if you alter the body shape, the original shape just comes back again soon afterwards. We've had this for a long time with no real solution. Until now.

Umm, just from my casual explorations, what you need to permanently change body shapes is to alter these:

+mMembers
  +mSimDescriptions
    +[The Sim you're after]
      +mInitialShape
      +mCurrentShape
      +mDisplayedShape

I think you need to alter all three, or at least I did, just to be safe.

Anyway, in CAS, there are two sliders that alter the Sim's shape. The top slider is actually a composite of two, a "thin" and a "fat", side by side. The middle of the slider is is 0, and if you go right, you change internal values within the range of 0-1, and this relates to fatness. If you go left, same thing, 0-1, relating to thinness. The bottom slider is just a simple one, from 0-1, relating to muscle mass.

Now, within mInitialShape, mCurrentShape, and mDisplayedShape are corresponding labels for these slider bars: Fat, Thin, mFit (and Pregnant, but I haven't investigated this).

Well, the last thing to do is to give some examples:

Nancy Landgraab=0, 0, 0.5
Holly Alto=0, 0, 0.25 (and this seems to be the ideal shape EA thought a hot girl should have. They all have this.)
Bebe Hart=0, 0, 0.25
Bella Bachelor=0, 0, 0.25
Claire Ursine=0.5, 0, 0.5
Dorie Hart=0.5, 0, 0

Nick Alto=0.5, 0, 1

And, from that, I guess you get the picture of how things are stored. So, you just change them to whatever you want (within the range) and then next time you load it up, the Sims will have a permanent new shape. I've tried it. It works flawlessly.

So, that's body shape. I'd be interested in changing ages and things. And, probably a lot more. But, I haven't looked into it yet. I know you can change a Sim's sexual preference pretty easily. So, let's make this thread a place to put discoveries in. If someone comes across a method to alter something neat, just put it up, OK? Not as good as using a mod to do it in real time, but... good enough. And much better than not being able to do jack. Smiley

If someone could look into where the ages and life stages are kept, that'd be pretty handy...

fiberglassdolphin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Save Game Editor - Make things different.
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 18, 01:46:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I save this one neighborhood I have, the save always becomes corrupted and unopenable, even if I edit nothing. I thought it might be the sacred status and/or supreme commander features of awesomemod, but I guess that neighborhood is just screwed up for some reason.
tryguy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 18, 03:08:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I've been playing around with various stuff. Ages within the various life stages seems to be fairly simple. I haven't tried to reset someone to an eariler age, because there's probably a few flags I need to set properly, and I don't have a need for that right now. What I can say is that within the life stages, you can just type in a number within the range to give them whatever number of days (as a ratio, so if you have life-extending mods, like SLAM, then it will work as expected) you want them to have. 0 is always right at the start of the stage.

Anyway, just from casual exploration, here's the rough age ranges:

Toddler=0-1
Child=0-2.25?
Teen=0-2
Young Adult=0-3
Adult=0-3
Elder=0-3

I wouldn't recommend going over the range, and I'm not sure what happens when you get towards the pointy end of the life stage - certainly there are important flags being set, which would need to be reset. But, that's something to look up when the need arises.

What I would like to inquire about is sexual preference. I've been trying to win over Nancy Landgraab with my female Sim, and it's not successful. I've done it before with a male Sim, but with f-f, when I try to flirt with her, she just rejects it, even though the relationship bar is 100%. Anyway, I took a look at the same data, and it turns out that her preferences are: M=4, F=-2. And, this combo is pretty much hardwired into all the married female Sims. Maybe the game automatically sets this when someone gets married? Well, regardless, I thought I could try to sway her into at least being Bi, but it's no dice. Her preferences don't move regardless of how many attempts at flirting happen.

This other girl, started off at M=0, F=0, and now is about M=-35, F=57 (so, highly in favor of females). Given that, I'm wondering if it's even possible for a male to get a look in there. Funnily enough, I think think it is, since she's single. On the whole, I think sexual preference is malleable, except maybe when the Sim is in a traditional marriage. Or something. Can anyone confirm this?

I just play with this stuff as I play the game, so I'll come back when I have more stuff to share.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 18, 05:34:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This other girl, started off at M=0, F=0, and now is about M=-35, F=57 (so, highly in favor of females). Given that, I'm wondering if it's even possible for a male to get a look in there. Funnily enough, I think think it is, since she's single. On the whole, I think sexual preference is malleable, except maybe when the Sim is in a traditional marriage. Or something. Can anyone confirm this?
Unlike TS2 default, you cannot warp another sim purely through rejected actions. You must construct additional pylons!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
tryguy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 18, 06:54:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, it's interesting. And, I'm not just going for the "flirt" option either. I'm trying to compliment her looks (which is the lowest value romantic option I have available), but that's just totally rejected every time. So, I'm pretty sure the romantic interactions are totally locked out (and that's why the prefs aren't moving) at all.

PJ, are you saying that this is possible? Do I need to get her in a amused state and then try to do something flirty? Admittedly, I was trying all this stuff late at night when I headed her off from returning home, so maybe I can try again. At least the relationship bar doesn't take a hit when these rejections happen. That's one thing.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 18, 13:14:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Based on my observations, sims in committed relationships are VERY unlike to accept flirts, unless they have the flirty trait; you should consider this, too: maybe Nancy Landgraab rejects your flirts just because she's married.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
NephilimNexus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 23, 16:37:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Based on my observations, sims in committed relationships are VERY unlike to accept flirts, unless they have the flirty trait; you should consider this, too: maybe Nancy Landgraab rejects your flirts just because she's married.

This is correct, and seems to be even more the case with with the Awesomod installed.  As your said, them having the Flirty trait seems to open the door to flirting somewhat, as does having the trait yourself.  I believe that Charisma is also a factor, for obvious reasons.  Their mood is also an issue, so try to flirt in rooms with absurdly high decoration values, right after they just ate a great meal, and/or have all the furniture buffed up by Mad Scientists.  Anyone can be broken in optimal conditions, but optimal conditions often means you having the flirty trait, maximum charaisma, and them being in a perfect mood.  That last part can be the hardests, as your target will often be coming over right after work and have very low mood bars across the board because of it.

However, being receptive to flirts seems to be a flag value because if you can pull it off just once then it quickly snowballs into a Romantic Interest easily.  So if you really want to get Nancy Landgrab and have the Awesomod, there is an obvious (cheat) workaround to this: Use the CTRL+click to select her, make her flirt with your character once, and then switch back.  She's now flagged as being interested and will give a positive response to your own flirts, now.
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 August 08, 11:09:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder Why Gay/Straight is not simply a trait. It would have simplified the whole thing.
Oh yes, I suppose they have the same problem as sims having to be npc visitors just because they cannot identify what belongs to them.
Lady Moiraine
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2009 August 08, 11:33:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I save this one neighborhood I have, the save always becomes corrupted and unopenable, even if I edit nothing. I thought it might be the sacred status and/or supreme commander features of awesomemod, but I guess that neighborhood is just screwed up for some reason.
You have to save the neighborhood and the neighborhood backup, you must save as to both of those files and the hood will work fine.  Wink

I like this program and use it all the time.  I use it to fix their lifetime wants.  If they fulfill their lifetime want, you can reset it with this program.  And I know they don't have astrological signs in the game but they're hidden in this program so I always fix up their signs. I'm still playing around with the other features, but from all the programs that have been put out, this one is my favorite.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 08, 11:40:57 by Lady Moiraine » Logged

Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 August 08, 16:07:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder Why Gay/Straight is not simply a trait. It would have simplified the whole thing.

Because it would discriminate against the bisexuals?

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 August 09, 14:57:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would be intresting to have an debugging Kinsey Scale object  Cheesy
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 August 09, 17:04:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because it would discriminate against the bisexuals?

Personally, I think it's because EA wants to keep the homosexuality in the game on the down low Wink so to speak. I don't think they want to advertise it, but just leave the option for those who wish the play that way. That worked fine in TS2. The issue I have with TS3 is that with story mode the neighborhood sims go off and do things on their own and find their own mates. By default they are all completely straight though. It would be nice if there were a way to get some percentage of them to be gay or bi without me having to go around the neighborhood and sock puppet them all into romances or hacking into their stats in the savegame editor and just generally jumping through hoops.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Lady Moiraine
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2009 August 09, 17:16:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could try removing SOME of the females from the game.  I think Sunset Valley has a large proportion of females to males to begin with.  The Roomies have 3 girls to 2 males.  There's the other one in the same compound, 4 females.  There are the working mothers, Crumplebottom, Kennedy, Joline and that pregnant woman, Frio's ex—she always has a girl, Alto has a daughter and many others have a couple daughters to one male.  I haven't actually counted them out but I feel when I first start a new game there are a lot of females compared to males.  I've found that by removing some of the females, the males will actually show a gender preference—without any more of my help.  If you remove the females totally, the males don't hesitate to form relations with other males without my bidding.  I'll never forget when I first started using the 12 woohoo, I entered the Goth home and here's one of the Goth boys woohoo'ing with Malcolm Landgraab, which was a surprise.  If you tip the balance a bit in the hood, you might get some different results.

Now I know from using SimPE in the Sims2, the genders were actually very balanced, it was almost the same amount of males to females but for the Sims3, I don't get that feeling.  One of these days I'll count them out just to satisfy my own curiosity but should it work out more females to males, I'd have to agree with EA toning down the homosexual capability of their product.

I did add up the playable households and the game does tilt in favor of the females, here are the results, feel free to check my math:

male   

landgraab 2
alto 1
wolff 1
koffi 1
frio 2
goddard 1
keaton 1
wainwright 1
bunch 3
langerak 2
steel 1
hart 1
bachelor 2
clavell 2
sekemoto 2
alvi 3
roomies 2
goth 2

female   

landgraab 1
alto 2   
wolff 1   
ursine 1
wan 1   
Crumplebottom 1
single moms 4
keaton 1
jolina 1
wainwright 1
bunch 3
langerak 3
hart 2
bachelor 2
clavell 1
sekemoto 1
kennedy 1
roomies 3
working friends 4
goth 1
« Last Edit: 2009 August 09, 17:37:58 by Lady Moiraine » Logged

Lady Moiraine
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2009 August 10, 16:54:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One more last comment on the genders.  I spent all day yesterday setting up a brand new game, cleaned out the hood and now have a male only hood.  I also made sure all the gender preferences were set to 0 just to see what happens.  I ended up turning off story mode because I had SO many romances going on I could not keep up with it and I'm still tweaking the hood so I can safely say, in an all male surrounding, even with a gender preference set to 0, that does not stop them from romancing each other.  In a more balanced hood with mixed genders, I'm sure the preferences would kick in with more discrimination.

simmilk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 August 17, 14:36:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I spent all day yesterday setting up a brand new game, cleaned out the hood and now have a male only hood.
By chance, do you have a clean copy of your all-male neighborhood available for sharing?   Wink
bluegenjutsu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 August 17, 15:06:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I spent all day yesterday setting up a brand new game, cleaned out the hood and now have a male only hood.
By chance, do you have a clean copy of your all-male neighborhood available for sharing?   Wink

I'd like to have that, too. Just to play with once in a while.  Wink
Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 August 17, 16:00:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How did you manage to get an all-male neighbourhood? When I wiped out my neighbourhood with TheRapture, I just got a ghost town, and now, two generations on, I'm still only lucky to see one or two townies a day.

kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 August 17, 20:40:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How did you manage to get an all-male neighbourhood? When I wiped out my neighbourhood with TheRapture, I just got a ghost town, and now, two generations on, I'm still only lucky to see one or two townies a day.

You can move families in from CAS and then choose not to play them right away. Move in the family you want to actually play last.

INFP or something
Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 August 18, 11:39:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh. The answer was quite obvious then  *cringes*

Thank you  Smiley

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: