More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:49:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Unoccupied House disappears with Story Progression?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Unoccupied House disappears with Story Progression?  (Read 4380 times)
Sita
Titlights
Retarded Reprobate

I YAM what I YAM

View Profile WWW
Unoccupied House disappears with Story Progression?
« on: 2009 July 15, 16:50:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I spent a couple of hours today building a stately home, in Sunset Valley right next to the waterfall. I had gone to it from the Edit Town menu, from my legacy Carter family. I KNOW I saved, several times.
BUT I am now playing with Story Progression on, and awesomemod in. I don't like Story Progression, and even more so now.
Now going back I find the house has completely vanished, although the Carters are still there. I checked a later save (I moved across to play the Altos, again via the Edit Town menu) and noticed from there that the house was gone. SO it is not in either saved town.
So what is happening here? Has Story Progression eaten my house? Huh  Cry

I AM trying to like this game. But it is getting harder.

Incidentally, the reason I jumped across to the Altos was that Story Progression told me they had moved out of the town. I opened their house and found them still there - so I played them a little.

Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Unoccupied House disappears with Story Progression?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 15, 16:54:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tend to doubt this is related to Story Progression or AwesomeMod.  Perhaps the save didn't actually take, or the game somehow hiccupped?  I've built several homes via "Edit Town" and never lost any of them.

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
Sita
Titlights
Retarded Reprobate

I YAM what I YAM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 15, 17:59:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, maybe. I tested it by building a temp house (walls and a roof) on that same lot and it worked, moved households, still worked, I can still see it in game. I will try closing down as that is what I did this morning. But I am an old builder and did save as I went along, I am sure. So it isn't just a case of ONE save not taking.

Quite annoyed because it was a beautiful house, and I'll have to do it all over again.

(addendum) I know which Lot it was on. Is there any way to search for a house? In the files? Other than by going into each savegame and LOOKING?

(further addendum) I had no intention of saying it was anything to do with awesomemod, which is already the only thing that makes my game PLAYABLE in the first place. I was trying out Story Progression, of which I am intensely suspicious. And it seems I was right.  Angry I will go back to playing with it off as it appears to lie anyhow.

« Last Edit: 2009 July 15, 18:13:30 by Sita » Logged

Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 15, 18:28:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well my point is that it's not likely a Story Progression bug, but some other bug.  There aren't any story actions that I am aware of that physically remove buildings from existence.

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
kimmyfrmtx
Asinine Airhead

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 15, 20:49:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The diner disappeared from my game.  There is just an empty lot there now.

To my knowledge no houses have disappeared.  I did have 1 house show up that I do not recall putting there, it was just an empty lot next door to my active sims.  I shut down the game, the next time I play a house and neighbors have appeared.

STFU already NoobTard, you are disturbing my lurking.

Then and than are different words with different meanings; look up the correct usage.  I am running out of furniture polish.  [slams head on desk]
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 16, 00:29:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Being the paranoid person that I am, every time I go to Edit Town in order to save whatever lot I've been working on, I also save a copy of the unfinished lot to the Library (just in case). When I'm completely finished with the house, and all is satisfactory to me, I delete the earlier builds. This method has saved me a lot of work after game crashes that interrupted my building process.

Edited, because I knew I had a point in there somewhere. My point is that, perhaps it's a good idea to start saving lots, especially the finished ones, to the Library before moving in a family.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
Sita
Titlights
Retarded Reprobate

I YAM what I YAM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 16, 13:08:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What exactly IS the Library? I haven't used it because it comes up with a warning about losing stuff each time.

I saved out the house though, and I think that came up with the same warning?  Huh

AFAIK the game didn't lose anything...

ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2009 July 16, 13:36:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Library is the repository of houses, households and single sims visible on the down right side in EditTown mode. Its the houses/sims that came premade with the game, and the ones you decide to save. The warning when you save says you lose on-going wants/tasks for the sims, but I did it many many times and havent seen any problems with it.
A hint, if you are building something really special, is to have a Building Save, which you play only when building. I have one, which I emptied of sims and just have a couple with certain skills/tasks, like a farmer sim with high gardening/green thumb to plant stuff in the gardens I build, and such. He was also sent on a mission to collect all sorts of stuff for my science museum, which I successfully built and filled with rocks, butterflies and gemstones - then changed to community and now use in my hood. Worked like a charm. It's great that is is so easy to change between lot types Smiley
Sita
Titlights
Retarded Reprobate

I YAM what I YAM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2009 July 19, 11:29:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, will try the Library. Cheesy

Science Museum sounds good too.

Indiasong
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 July 19, 17:16:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Houses disappear. There was a house next door to my family, first the inhabitants disappeared, moved or something, and one day there was just the mailbox left I was playing with no mods at the time, and didn't change house or edit town.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: