More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:28:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  After jail, my criminal sim just stands in front of the Police Station
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: After jail, my criminal sim just stands in front of the Police Station  (Read 5695 times)
GypsyDragon
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
After jail, my criminal sim just stands in front of the Police Station
« on: 2009 July 15, 01:26:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I couldn't find where anybody else had mentioned it, so I was wondering if it was just me and my setup. I've tried three different sims in the criminal career, and in both Sunset Valley and Riverview. Everything works fine until they get arrested. Then, after serving their time, the exit the Police Station and just stand there. Forever. Or at least as long as I have had the patience to wait. Any actions go into the queue, but they don't do anything. Even passing out or peeing themselves. Any awesome people out there have any ideas about this? Thanks!
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: After jail, my criminal sim just stands in front of the Police Station
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 15, 01:35:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well that's a new one on me... I'm beginning to think that on some systems the entire criminal career path is borked...the criminal career building is problematic and now this?

I have had criminals spend time in jail, but so far have always been able to get them home once they are free (and into the shower immediately to 'wash the jail out of their hair' - Jackie Brown)...

Oh yeah - is your criminal in Riverview or Sunset Valley?  So far, I've only had criminals in Riverview...so wondering if the problems are with Sunset Valley or as I said earlier - the whole career path.

fatkitty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 15, 03:13:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm playing Sunset Valley and have a sim in the criminal career path.  He was just arrested while I was playing today.  After his time was served I sent him to the park to play guitar, then somewhere to eat and finally back home, all without a problem.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 15, 03:28:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have had criminals spend time in jail, but so far have always been able to get them home once they are free (and into the shower immediately to 'wash the jail out of their hair' - Jackie Brown)...

I suddenly have Across 110th Street playing in my head.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
GypsyDragon
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 15, 03:29:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yeah - is your criminal in Riverview or Sunset Valley?  So far, I've only had criminals in Riverview...so wondering if the problems are with Sunset Valley or as I said earlier - the whole career path.

I have tried it in both Sunset Valley and Riverview with the same results. I've never been able to get past the Thug level.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 15, 04:55:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recall this being a bug that was fixed by AwesomeMod. Are you using the latest version?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
GypsyDragon
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 15, 22:08:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recall this being a bug that was fixed by AwesomeMod. Are you using the latest version?

That appears to have fixed it, thank you. I was using the version I downloaded on 07/01. I downloaded it today and replaced it and now my aspiring criminal is no longer a statue in front of the police station. Thanks!
fatkitty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 July 16, 02:33:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Was this an EA bug or an AM bug?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 July 16, 02:38:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hard to say. It froze like that when piped through unaltered EA code, so presumably freezing could occur there, too.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Shaprepenr
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2009 July 16, 09:02:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

More people need to know about the awesome MIRACLE that is "resetsim <sim name>". It's like Holy Water for the Sims 3.

Press Ctrl + Shift + C (as if u were going to use a cheat) then type "resetsim <sim's full name>". They'll go back home and all interactions will be canceled and the que will be cleared.

Smiley

•I'm a social--
•--Butterfly?
•No. Watermellon.
•Then socially speaking; I am going to eat you.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 July 16, 10:13:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims also reset to home if you try build/buy mode on a community lot that they are on.

I noticed this when one of my Mad Scientists in SV somehow got trapped inside a hedge after leaving work  Roll Eyes

More F than you
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: