More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 07:55:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Sim jumps out of work
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sim jumps out of work  (Read 7275 times)
Nepheris
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Sim jumps out of work
« on: 2009 July 14, 20:12:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my sims has problems with going to work. She can get there fine, gets inside, then immediately 'jumps' to the outside of work. The game records her as missing work, causing her performance to plummet as she cannot actually get to work. I've tried repeatedly to send her back, but she keeps jumping outside again right after she's gone inside. This has been going on for several days now, and I fear she might get fired soon.

Any ideas?
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
Re: Sim jumps out of work
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 14, 20:14:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What career?

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 14, 20:22:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's happened to me a couple of times before but I haven't been able to pinpoint why and I can't seem to reproduce it on any sort of regular basis.

This was in culinary, by the way. At the bistro in Riverview.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 14, 20:33:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only asked because I'd read about work attendance problems in the Criminal career in another thread.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 14, 20:56:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As I said in the other thread, my sim kept appearing round the back of the bistro rather than working.
This happened right after  I got promoted to Vegetable Slicer without a text balloon.
I transferred his career to the Burger Bar, and he attended work there.
At career level 8, I had him transfer back to the Bistro, same problem.

The new Awesome contained a work related fix. I don't know if its the same one.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 15, 05:31:33 by tizerist » Logged
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 14, 21:27:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if this is happening to some of my families. I play my families in 1 week (in-game time) cycles, and whenever I switched recently, all sims who work have horrible performance, while when I last left them, they all had the highest level of performance. They also all seem to get that Anxious To Advance moodlet, which I guess is because their performance is so low, they're not getting promoted.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 14, 21:34:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if this is happening to some of my families. I play my families in 1 week (in-game time) cycles, and whenever I switched recently, all sims who work have horrible performance, while when I last left them, they all had the highest level of performance. They also all seem to get that Anxious To Advance moodlet, which I guess is because their performance is so low, they're not getting promoted.

They probably aren't going to work. There's an issue many people are having with the non player controlled sims not going to school and work when they should and thus their performance tanks.

I think it's unrelated to this though in that this is a player controlled sim who does go to work and then suddenly leaves work for no explainable reason.

tizerist: It's interesting that this happened to you in the culinary career at the bistro as it did the same for me and I think it was about the time my sim got promoted to vegetable slicer too. Hmm...

Nepheris
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 July 14, 22:01:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Culinary career as well, the bistro in Sunset Valley. She's at max level though, and I have the most current version of Awesomemod installed. I'll try transferring her away and back again to see if that helps, cheers for the idea.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 July 14, 22:04:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So you can transfer your place of work between the two restaurants without having to start all over at level 1?

Nepheris
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 July 14, 22:11:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did so once, yes. I seem to remember I retained my position, will give it a whirl tomorrow.
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 July 15, 06:15:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I just had it happen. I sent my sim to work and she went inside for a few seconds, then she came back outside and the work queue disappeared. Her husband has the same hours and is in the same career, but it wasn't happening to him. They're both in the culinary career, but the husband works at the cheap diner and the wife works at the nicer restaurant in Riverview.
Nepheris
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 July 15, 08:12:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Out of curiosity, do Sunset Valley and Riverview use the same rabbithole for the nice bistro? I don't have Riverview installed in my game.
janinechloe
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 July 15, 08:22:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All rabbithole are the same for Sunset Valley & Riverview.
Roolfie
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 July 15, 08:25:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you the owner of the bistro, too? I had the same problem and after giving ownership to another sim, all went fine.
Nepheris
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 July 15, 08:30:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes I am, actually, and the problem did start showing up only after I took over the ownership. Don't know if that has anything to do with it, what's other people's experience on this?

If that's throwing the conflict it would suck immensely, I want my 5 star celebrity chef to own her own restaurant, dagnabbit.

Update:

Transferred the sim to Hogan's Deep Fried Diner (retaining her position and everything). She had the exact same problem there, jumping out of the building as soon as she got inside to start work. Transferred her back to the Bistro, same thing there.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 15, 09:28:14 by Nepheris » Logged
Cocomama
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 July 15, 10:01:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Had that happening to a sim in the Law Enforcement career, I repeated sending her in to work. The 3rd time I changed the setting from "busines as usual" to something else, and she stayed in.
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 July 15, 10:45:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All rabbithole are the same for Sunset Valley & Riverview.

I believe the school is different, as is the military base and a couple of others, I think.

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 July 15, 10:50:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The school is slightly different, the Corporation is slightly different, and the hospital is slightly different, but many of those changes are very small and you wouldn't even notice them if you didn't look. The military base, for instance, is just the old military base apparently rotated or flipped. The Hospital had its porchway changed slightly, but is otherwise exactly the same, etc.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
SendMeLies
Blathering Buffoon

See if I care.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 July 15, 11:41:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually the school is completely different in Riverview as it uses a new object - it is red brick, as in Sunset Valley it is Yellow-Orangeish.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: