More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 16:01:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Story Mode
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Story Mode  (Read 89411 times)
Mooingloudly
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Story Mode
« Reply #125 on: 2009 July 26, 20:33:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your mods have worked for me in the past. I am sure that once the new awesome storymode is ready I'll be going back to just awesome. Besides I'm terribly lazy and I really only want to come here to update my game. I think most of us are just biding our time with Indiestone till yours comes out.
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2009 July 27, 00:16:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've already stopped using the Indie Stone Mod. Some of the features are really nice, but the constant cloning of sims from the Library is just too obnoxious. I shouldn't have to delete the famblies that I've taken the time to create just so some retarded story progression feature can decide that it needs at least five copies of each fambly. Nope, I'm holding out for the Awesome version. Fuck Indie Stone.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2009 July 27, 01:23:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That sim-bin cloning would drive me nuts.  I'm getting enough variety from the new homeless sims and npcs in my awesomemod neighborhood, so I don't see why I would want to recycle old faces.  I kind of LIKE fixing bad faces. 

Medusa stared at the two creatures approaching her across the Piazza and, instantly recognizing them as Spanish Gorgons, attempted to stall them by greeting them in their native tongue, "Gorgons, Hola!"
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: 2009 July 27, 01:28:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought that feature was "turnoffable" in the options?

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
BrokenRobot
Dimwitted Dunce

sekrit Republican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: 2009 July 27, 02:03:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, you can turn that feature off.  I did so immediately because I didn't really see any point to it.
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2009 July 27, 03:42:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't want to completely disable immigration, but only the Library cloning. I don't think there's an option for that. If you're thinking of the option to create breeding fodder from sims in the Export bin, that's something completely different, and it has nothing to do with the Library cloning.

Chocolate Milk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2009 July 27, 04:45:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't want to completely disable immigration, but only the Library cloning. I don't think there's an option for that. If you're thinking of the option to create breeding fodder from sims in the Export bin, that's something completely different, and it has nothing to do with the Library cloning.

So it keeps moving in duplicate copies of the families in your Library? That's weird. I've been playing with Indie for a while now and not experienced that... anyone else had this problem?
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2009 July 27, 05:22:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my game, the doppelgangers always appear as homeless sims. If you use the Awesomemod, and have debugging commands and testing cheats enabled, you can type "listhomeless" in the cheat window (Ctrl-Shift-C). If ISM is creating clones in your game, you'll probably see them there. I only discovered them when my game was lagging horribly, and I decided to see if there were any homeless sims. As it turned out, there were multiples of every family in my Library. Once I deleted them using the destroyalltownies command, the lagging stopped.

moondance
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2009 July 27, 07:21:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had tons of them--destroyalltownies killed over four hundred homeless sims.  I've found a solution that works for me. I've turned off immigration.  Now I only have four homeless families.  So far I haven't had any problems with the neighborhood stagnating. I occasionally befriend a homeless sim so that I can ask him or her to move in--and bring the family--and then move that entire family into a home of their own.  The game seems to keep a steady supply of these families, replacing them as needed so that there are always at least three homeless families. If that supply of new sims isn't enough, I suppose I can turn immigration on temporarily, let several families move in, turn immigration back off, and destroy the homeless. 

The bonus is that I've found that I enjoy playing the neighborhood more now that I can pretty much recognize every sim that lives there.  I'm pretty much playing the entire neighborhood, and with immigration on, families moved in so fast that there were just too many sims, and I couldn't remember who was who--and didn't care. Now that there are fewer of them, they are more memorable, and I like them--or dislike them in some cases--much more.
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: 2009 July 27, 08:43:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, thank you for this info. I've heard about people talking about the homeless but I didn't realize it could cause lag. I put IS in shortly before it became compatible with AM and my lag has been increasing but I thought it was perhaps ghosts or something. I had over 100 homeless. I used destroyalltownies. Hopefully, it will help my lag.

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2009 July 31, 04:27:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, we're about ready for field trials, so anyone who wants to be a victim should start appearing.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Silverdrake
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: 2009 July 31, 14:10:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Me, me! I'll be a victim! Where do I sign my life over?
cassblonde
Exasperating Eyesore

Lazy Lurker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: 2009 July 31, 16:27:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am unawesome and have no idea where #grah is so I will wait until Awesome Storymode is ready for the peasants. I am looking forward to it though!!

I'm an apathetic sociopath, I'd kill you if I cared.
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2009 July 31, 16:32:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same here. I know where the server is, and I can even log in with a proper IRC client, but all I see are #ellatorture and #kikistan. I'm clearly doing something wrong.

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2009 July 31, 16:33:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you try joining it anyway? It might be "hidden", as in, doesn't show up in a list of channels.

INFP or something
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2009 July 31, 16:36:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah - I get a "channel doesn't exist" message using /join #grah

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
simwit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2009 July 31, 21:29:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe the holy #grah can only be found by people who are worthy. I'm too frightened to even search for it, because I picture JMP as the emperor of evil and his moderators as his henchmen. I don't want to draw too much attention to myself (if it's not too late already) so I'll just be standing here behind the tall guy.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2009 July 31, 21:39:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* Marhis eyes simwit and cackles evilly

(ok, I fail at being seriously scary Tongue)
BTW I love the "holy #grah" definition. Cheesy

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
ramseyazad
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2009 July 31, 21:56:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, we're about ready for field trials, so anyone who wants to be a victim should start appearing.
   I made an appearance and asked about it, but was not granted an awesome story mode.  Mighty Pescadissimo seemed preoccupied with other matters.  Maybe we just await further instructions.  Maybe some other kind of appearance is required? 
Silverdrake
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: 2009 July 31, 22:28:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Goes back to hoeing turnips and waits for the Black Death to kill off the aristocracy...
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2009 August 04, 06:48:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a description of Awesome Story Mode somewhere? Should I remove the Indie Stone if I enable ASM?

Please look in this thread - http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15531.0.html.

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
twoftmama
Blathering Buffoon

Domestic Goddess

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2009 August 04, 15:10:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If we mark a family as sacred, will they be safe from SP with the new Awesome Story Mode? I'd like to play more than 1 family, but I don't want my "one" family doing anything without my input. Except going to work/school.

If the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left handed people are in their right mind.

TFM'S Naughty Sims Asylum
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2009 August 04, 15:32:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If we mark a family as sacred, will they be safe from SP with the new Awesome Story Mode? I'd like to play more than 1 family, but I don't want my "one" family doing anything without my input. Except going to work/school.
Yes. Sacred is still Sacred. But don't turn that option on yet unless you're prepared to write off your neighborhood. It is not properly tested and several fatal bugs have just been found and fixed. Now writing a cleanup utility.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
twoftmama
Blathering Buffoon

Domestic Goddess

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2009 August 04, 16:27:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok I'll wait. Thanks!  Smiley

If the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left handed people are in their right mind.

TFM'S Naughty Sims Asylum
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2009 August 04, 20:47:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes. Sacred is still Sacred. But don't turn that option on yet unless you're prepared to write off your neighborhood. It is not properly tested and several fatal bugs have just been found and fixed. Now writing a cleanup utility.

Thanks, Pescado!  Question:  I assume this utility will clean up neighborhoods already affected by Supreme Commander, am I correct?  I just started a new neighborhood when we began testing Awesome Story Mode and really like the main family.  Hoping I get to keep them.

By the way, I love the way the Awesome Story Mode is working so far!  Have disabled Indie Stone.

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: